Season of Discovery Feral Druid Tank Talents and Runes
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talents for your Feral Druid Tank in WoW Classic — Season of Discovery, as well as advised runes.
Feral Druid Tank Talent Build
As the current maximum level is only 40, the talents you can pick from are very limited, but expect this page to drastically expand as the level cap increases.
This is a main-tank build that assumes you mostly go into Cat Form for heavy movement, if at all. Otherwise, if you want to maximize your Cat Form DPS, please refer to the Feral Druid DPS talent build.
Feline Swiftness is also taken, specifically, because in Phase 2 SoD it was changed to work indoors, and thus it will allow you to use Cat Form to quick move around, especially while moving from boss to boss or trying to keep ahead of overeager raid members while picking up mob packs.
Recommended Rune Engravings
- Gloves — Mangle whenever Berserk is available, otherwise can swap to Lacerate for single-target, or Sunfire for AoE or ranged enemies
- Pants — Skull Bash
- Chest — Survival of the Fittest or Wild Strikes if survivability is no problem
- Waist — Berserk
- Feet — Survival Instincts
Main tank Runes are quite straightforward: pick up extra survivability with Survival of the Fittest or extra DPS with Wild Strikes, Lacerate for single-target or Sunfire on AoE, vs armored and vs ranged enemies, and Skull Bash to enable interrupts on enemy casters near you.
Berserk is a fantastic new cooldown which will ensure high snap threat on pull, especially in area of effect tanking scenarios, and Survival Instincts is a new tank cooldown which can be used in Bear Form and also gives you Rage when you Dodge, allowing for smooth threat generation, even if you are not getting Rage from being hit!
More Engravings are likely to come out as we reach higher level caps, so make sure to keep a tab on our general Druid Rune guide below to learn what they do, and where to find them:
- 07 Feb. 2024: Updated talents, runes and explanation text for Phase 2.
- 14 Dec. 2023: Added more detail on picking Natural Weapons vs Feral Instinct.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th