Season of Discovery Feral Druid Tank Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Feral Druid Tank, depending on the type of damage you will be tanking in WoW Classic - Season of Discovery. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc in order to minmax your survivability and DPS.
We will present the skill rotation for Feral Tank as a priority list. This is not an exact sequence in which abilities should be cast. Instead, what it means is, whenever you must choose between using different skills, try to use the one at the top of the list first.
Our list assumes you are running the recommended build from the talents page and are playing a (currently maximum) Level 40 character. If you are still leveling, please refer to the leveling-specific rotation located in the table of contents.
Single-Target Rotation for Feral Druid Tank
- Use or refresh Demoralizing Roar to reduce damage intake if no equivalent debuff is available and incoming damage will be high;
- Spam Lacerate, Mangle, or Sunfire depending on what you have runed in the glove slot;
- As Mangle has a cooldown, use Swipe (Bear) with excess Rage in between Mangles if that is your glove rune;
- Use Maul as extra off-GCD damage if you still have excess Rage while performing the rest of the rotation.
Multi-Target Rotation for Feral Tank Druid
For multiple target tanking the best adjustment you can do to the single target rotation is using Berserk on cooldown, as its mid Phase 2 buff allows you to hit 3 targets with each Lacerate during its effect.
Swipe (Bear) was also heavily buffed and is the main ability you should use when facing multiple targets while outside Berserk.
Also, remember you can Growl any enemies that start to break away from the group to bring them back.
Cooldown Usage for Feral Druid DPS
Use Enrage to keep yourself in combat and generate Rage before or in between pulls.
Survival Instincts can be used as an emergency heal on yourself in emergencies. You can also use Barkskin just before taunting for tank swaps as an additional protection against burst physical damage.
- 22 Feb. 2024: Updated rotation after Swipe and Berserk buff hotfixes.
- 12 Feb. 2024: Updated for Phase 2.
- 14 Dec. 2023: Added Sunfire to the rotation as an option.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th