New Profession Crafts in Season of Discovery
The following guide covers the new profession crafts that will be best in slot for most classes in Classic World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery.
New Profession Crafts in Season of Discovery
Professions are getting new items in WoW Classic Season of Discovery, the most notable of which are the new best-in-slot epic gear pieces.
BoP Crafts and Unlock Steps
Phase 2 Level 40 BoP Crafts
Phase 2 will be having a quest line involving the new Gnomeregan raid in order to unlock the crafting of the following gear pieces:
- Hyperconductive Goldwrap is made with Engineering;
- Whirling Truesilver Gearwall is made with Engineering;
- Gneuro-Linked Arcano-Filament Monocle is made with Tailoring;
- Glowing Gneuro-Linked Cowl is made with Leatherworking;
- Gneuro-Conductive Channeler's Hood is made with Leatherworking;
- Glowing Hyperconductive Scale Coif is made with Leatherworking;
- Rad-Resistant Scale Hood is made with Leatherworking;
- Tempered Interference-Negating Helmet is made with Blacksmithing;
- Reflective Truesilver Braincage is made with Blacksmithing.
You need to perform the following steps in order to unlock the crafting of this gear:
Loot and use Grime-Encrusted Salvage plus 30 silver on the The Salvagematic 9000! machine inside the Gnomeregan raid.
Pick up the quest from nearby Ziri "The Wrench" Littlesprocket NPC, which requires four item turn-ins:
- 10 Mithril Bar (AH or Mining);
- 5 Greater Mystic Essence (AH or Enchanting);
- 3 GG12-082 Cartridge Fuse drops in the Gnomeregan raid;
- 1 Pristine G-7 C.O.R.E. Processor , which will be explained in detail below.
Go kill the Techbot NPC near the entrance (but outside) of Gnomeregan for the Corroded G-7 C.O.R.E. Processor , start its quest and return to Ziri for a follow up you should turn in at Scooty in Booty Bay, Stranglethorn Vale 28,77.
For the Quadrangulation quest received you need to find four beacons:
- Tanaris at 37,27
- Desolace at 32,73
- Feralas at 28,94
- Dustwallow Marsh at 58,13 submerged under water
Return to Scooty and talk to him to be teleported to Feralas, where you should pick up the Warranty Claim quest. To complete it, kill Naga in Feralas around 30,55 or the isle further south until you get Spent Voidcore and follow up by heading to Desolace to kill demons around 51,75 until a Shadowy Figure spawns nearby.
Talk to it for Mote of Darkness , which you can combine with the crystal to form the Charged Voidcore required for turning in the quest at Feralas (get teleported to the NPC through Booty Bay again) for the Pristine G-7 C.O.R.E. Processor . Once all materials are gathered, turn them in at Ziri in Gnomeregan to unlock the way to the BoP Level 40 profession recipes!
Phase 1 Level 25 BoP Crafts
Phase 1 had Unique-Equipped: Void-Touched (1) epic gear unlockable after doing a quest line involving Blackfathom Deeps. Much of this gear is still best in slot in Phase 2, and you can find it below:
- Extraplanar Spidersilk Boots are BiS for Intellect users, and are made from Spidersilk Boots with Tailoring;
- Shifting Silver Breastplate are BiS for Strength users, and are made from Shining Silver Breastplate with Blacksmithing;
- Void-Touched Leather Gloves are BiS for Agility users, and are made from Toughened Leather Gloves with Leatherworking;
- Void-Touched Leather Gauntlets are not that useful due to all of this gear being unique-equipped and casters mostly wanting the Extraplanar Spidersilk Boots. These also require Toughened Leather Gloves and Leatherworking.
All of these items have one thing in common: they require a top-tier level 25 BoE craft from each profession, listed above, and a special epic reagent, the Shard of the Void .
In order to obtain these Shards, you will have to talk to the Dead Twilight Cultist body in Ashenvale (17,27). If you have at least 100 skill in Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, or Tailoring and used a Elixir of Coalesced Regret , you will be able to get lore out of him that points towards Old Serra'kis's corpse in Blackfathom Deeps, just behind Ghamoo-ra.
After talking to the body, you will obtain Handful of Shifting Scales , which can then be turned in to N'ora Anyheart in Ratchet's inn alongside 5 gold, 40 Strange Dust, 5 Greater Magic Essence, and 2 Small Glimmering Shard in order to obtain the Shifting Scale Talisman .
With Shifting Scale Talisman equipped, you can now enter a previously inaccessible area in Blackfathom Deeps, in the water under the temple area where Twilight Lord Kelris resides. Inside, you will find The Box .
Finally, go to the 89,74 map coordinates in Hillsbrad Foothills and use the white crystal to destroy the box, granting you the Shard of the Void ! Conveniently, you will also be able to learn how to use it to create your new epic gear from the Shadowy Figure that spawns nearby.
New Profession Consumables
Besides gear, we are also getting new consumables that only work inside the new Blackfathom Deeps raid:
- Blackfathom Sharpening Stone are ideal for physical damage dealers, and are made from Coarse Sharpening Stone and Lesser Magic Essence with Blacksmithing;
- Blackfathom Mana Oil are ideal for magic damage dealers and healers, and are made from Greater Magic Essence, Strange Dust, and Leaded Vial with Enchanting.
In order to learn how to create these new consumables, first kill Aku'mai in the Blackfathom Deeps raid while having Blacksmithing or Enchanting, and loot Plans: Blackfathom Sharpening Stone or Formula: Blackfathom Mana Oil from a path previously blocked by a waterfall behind Lady Sarevess's room.
Profession Items for Rune Unlocking
There are also special items used in the unlocking of Runes and other new quests:
- Shredder Autosalvage Unit's pattern drops from Sneed in Deadmines and is used to unlock the new rune vendor Grizzby in Ratchet, Barrens.
You will also be able to unlock new Runes by reaching Friendly reputation with the new Durotar Supply and Logistics faction on Horde, or equivalent Azeroth Commerce Authority in the Alliance.
You can increase your reputation with these factions by turning in Supply Shipment green items randomly looted from world content, preferably after combining them with the profession materials requested in their description in order to triple the reputation and amount of currency awarded. This system will lead to a good amount of demand for basic materials, beyond what players naturally need to level their professions or consume at low level.
Other New Profession Items
Besides the runes explained above, you can also learn how to create new gear, such as Phoenix Bindings , by buying patterns from the new Supply Shipment factions at Honored reputation.
Revered reputation with these factions unlocks the bind on equip Recipe: Lesser Arcane Elixir recipe.
Alchemy and Enchanting will also be getting new personal-benefit crafts with Enchanted Sigil: Innovation and Mildly Irradiated Rejuvenation Potion , and Enchanting will now be able to perform the new Enchant Weapon - Dismantle and Enchant Chest - Retricutioner enchants.
Engineers will also be able to craft new bombs, High-Yield Radiation Bomb and a special bomb usable by non-Engineers, Ez-Thro Radiation Bomb .
- 12 Feb. 2024: Explained how to unlock the new Level 40 pinnacle BoP crafts.
- 11 Feb. 2024: Added source for Lesser Arcane Elixir.
- 06 Feb. 2024: New crafts preview for Phase 2.
- 19 Dec. 2023: Introduced the new caster tailoring crafts recently hotfixed in.
- 13 Dec. 2023: Runes coming from the new reputation vendors can now be bought at Friendly.
- 09 Dec. 2023: Added more BiS crafted items from the new crate reputations.
- 07 Dec. 2023: Clarified the step requirement for the Elixir of Coalesced Regret.
- 04 Dec. 2023: Added information on how to unlock Void-Touched gear and the new BFD oils and sharpening stones.
- 02 Dec. 2023: Added Shredder Autosalvage Unit and its purpose.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic