L0rinda

hearthstone Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand

9 posts in this topic

Koe2L5M.jpg

The 54th Tavern Brawl is called "Pick a Hand, Any Hand". It is a new Brawl, and decks are created using your own collection.

Pick a Hand, Any Hand is similar in some ways to the popular recent Brawl, Top Two. The rules are that you have to pick the first seven cards of your deck, and the rest of the deck is filled with Unstable Portals. The interesting part is that the Portals are added AFTER you mulligan. This means that you are pretty much choosing your opening hand.

The premise could lead to a very interesting metagame. I would expect cards like Mana WyrmSorcerer's Apprentice, and Innervate to be very popular, and for people to try to get very fast starts for a minion based deck. Beyond that, it will need a lot of playtesting, but we have seen in the past that counter decks to the initial decks soon start being played, and that those decks often play removal rather than minions. It will be important to try to stay one step ahead of the metagame if you are going to have a high win rate.

As always, you are encouraged to post your efforts in the comments section below. If there are enough, I will do a mini-awards section again, where absolutely nothing apart from pride will be on the line!

Yogg-Saron should be a fun pick in this one.

Also, going second seems to be a huge advantage, because you can pick exactly what you want your opening hand to be. 

I'm tinkering with a druid alarm-o-bot deck, with some huge minions.  If you go second, you can play innervate + alarm-o-bot and pretty much guarantee a huge minion in play on round two. 

Hi all, I just registered to the forum after following the site for HotS and HS for several months.

Going back to the topic I found that Hunter with Hunter's Mark x2 Elven Archer x2 Quick Shot x2 On the Hunt x1 counters well any mage or any cheap big drops like a t1 16/16 Edwin VanCleef or anything with Innervate.

Won all match so far except one vs Equality Paladin with a bunch of legendary

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Hanz39 said:

Hi all, I just registered to the forum after following the site for HotS and HS for several months.

Going back to the topic I found that Hunter with Hunter's Mark x2 Elven Archer x2 Quick Shot x2 On the Hunt x1 counters well any mage or any cheap big drops like a t1 16/16 Edwin VanCleef or anything with Innervate.

Welcome to the site! Thanks for the suggestion :)

The Hunter's Mark is just too good here. It's a great feeling using it on a big legendary!

10 hours ago, Hanz39 said:

Welcome! Thanks for registering and for the comment.

11 hours ago, Hanz39 said:

Welcome m8, I tried this and it is very effective indeed, also lost one but more due to my opponent getting luckier with the portals early on