Table of Contents
Unstable Portal is a Mage-only spell. This card was introduced with Goblins vs Gnomes and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Unstable Portal is a card with a high level of variance. If you are lucky enough to play this card on turn 2 and get a powerful high cost minion, there is a chance that playing that minion so early will win the game single-handedly. However, there is also the potential to draw extremely weak cards that you will not want to play, even at the reduced Mana cost.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Unstable Portal will probably fit into many Mage decks. It is a comparable effect to Wild Growth in that it has potential to win games if it is in your opening hand. However, unlike Wild Growth, this card does not suffer such a dramatic drop in power if you draw it later.
Unstable Portal is no longer available in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???