FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

OTK Djinni Priest Standard

5 hours ago, Guest Lol said:

Worst deck ever waist of enchants

Could you please say why? I could call you the "Worst player ever, waste of time", but that would not lead anywhere, so I don't - and you shouldn't call our deck the worst ever either, unless you are willing to be constructive.

This deck is hard to play, especially since it's an OTK deck. I suggest you to give us a few replay, and I am pretty sure we will find some misplays in each of them.

I've had some pretty bad experiences with this deck. Winning only two out of 10 games (okay, maybe I missed lethal one time)...

My main issues were, that many cards are dead in your hand in the early- and midgame, because you need them for the OTK-combo (Pint-Size Potion, Divine Spirit, Potion of Madness...) . This is somewhat normal for combo-decks, but in this deck there are way to many cards, that can only be used in combination and are bad on there own.

Then I had issues with opposing big minions. Without Shadow Word: Death it seems nearly impossible to remove a Ragnaros the Firelord or something like that.

And on top of it all the metagame seems not very suited for this deck. Okay, its pretty good against Reno-Decks, but you are in a bad spot against Ice Block. Aggressive Decks are mostly to fast and it deals not enough damage vs control-Warrior.

But hey, I give it that: its a somewhat fun deck to play and seems sometimes pretty challenging not missing lethal.

6 hours ago, Taan said:

But hey, I give it that: its a somewhat fun deck to play

Well, that's the deck's supposed to be - as the guide says, "it is intended to be played as a fun deck and is not suitable for a competitive environment."

6 hours ago, Taan said:

Then I had issues with opposing big minions. Without Shadow Word: Death it seems nearly impossible to remove a Ragnaros the Firelord or something like that.

That's what the swap section is for - "Kabal Talonpriest or Loot Hoarder can be swapped out for copies of Shadow Word: Death or Shadow Word: Pain if required."

Guest OtkIsTheWay

You don't always want to buff you highest health minion as suggested. Sometimes buffing a minion with a larger gap between attack and hp is better. For example, if you have a 4/5 and a 1/4 on the other side of the board. Djinni + potion + divine + inner fire results in 23 damage if you buff the 4/5 but 24 damage if buff the 1/4.

I sometimes play a similar list. Like mill and some other decks there is a learning curve. It is neither a great deck nor as bad as some people claim, but it is a lot of fun for me. I'm not willing to grind the ladder every month with how bad the reset is and how long it takes, so I just play whatever is fun and maybe grind to rank 5 if I happen to get close enough.

5 hours ago, Guest OtkIsTheWay said:

You don't always want to buff you highest health minion as suggested. Sometimes buffing a minion with a larger gap between attack and hp is better. For example, if you have a 4/5 and a 1/4 on the other side of the board. Djinni + potion + divine + inner fire results in 23 damage if you buff the 4/5 but 24 damage if buff the 1/4.

In some cases, yeah. The guide does say you should buff the minion with highest health, but at the same it says in the same paragraph "To handle all the possibilities, it is important to keep track of how much damage you are able to deal at any one time." I will let Pesty know about it and let him decide. Thanks for the input.

(Also, even in the case you mentioned, having two Divine Spirits would make buffing the 4/5 (though the doesn't run any) better, which makes it even more complicated to describe it in a different way than "To handle all the possibilities, it is important to keep track of how much damage you are able to deal at any one time.")

win ratio = 1 win out of 10 games, very inconsistent deck, no removals, if the opponent cast a minion with taunt (worse if he plays two of them) you're doom with out any chance of win, waste of dust

30 minutes ago, ldsc1 said:

win ratio = 1 win out of 10 games, very inconsistent deck, no removals, if the opponent cast a minion with taunt (worse if he plays two of them) you're doom with out any chance of win, waste of dust

The introduction states that the deck "is intended to be played as a fun deck and is not suitable for a competitive environment.", so I am not really sure what you expected. Also, the deck is quite complicated, and I am pretty sure you made some misplays that lost you a few games.

Hi, I was trying to have fun with this deck, but the charge isn't working on Djinn anymore with potion of madness... I am so sad... Is it a temporay bug or do you have the same ?