Vlad

Time Warp Quest Mage Deck List

Sign in to follow this  

14 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Time Warp Quest Mage Deck List Guide.

This archetype seems so strong... Recently been playing a similar list with a few changes.

- bloodmage thalnos, - mana bind, - volcanic potion, -2 kabal couriers, - alexstraza. +2 medivh's valet, + shimmering tempest, + ice barrier, + cabalist's tome, + flamestrike.

Thoughts on the changes?

Just now, themuffinboyy said:

This archetype seems so strong... Recently been playing a similar list with a few changes.

- bloodmage thalnos, - mana bind, - volcanic potion, -2 kabal couriers, - alexstraza. +2 medivh's valet, + shimmering tempest, + ice barrier, + cabalist's tome, + flamestrike.

Thoughts on the changes?

Fine if those are budget swaps. I'd probably keep the Volcanic Potion over Ice Barrier as it is cheap (dust-wise) and serves a similar purpose.

This deck is very good. Unstoppable in control matchups and really only bad against Pirate Warrior. I won a lot of games where I didn't need my quest to be completed. I swapped Kabal Courier as most of the time it only gives you 1 spell (and not always a cheap mage spell). Its inconsistent. I also added Coldlight Oracle as a card draw and a tool to mill other control decks. Also don't like Mana Bind as it prevents Ice Block from being drawn by Arcanologist and sometimes you really need to survive. 

With the Exact same deck List - I just made it to legend (IKR- Like a Month and a half late). I was an avid Freeze mage player before all the key cards got rotated out, and also really enjoyed playing Giants mage back when mage was broken AF, So playing this deck felt like riding a bike. The important thing about this deck is that its not a One-Trick-Pony Combo deck, but the giants themselves act as huge threats to both Aggressive and non-Aggressive Match ups.

The surprise factor of this deck won me a crap ton of games, and my winrate against pirate warrior wasnt as horrific as one may assume, purely because Ice Block + Frost Nova + Double giants often just wins games by Itself. The one bad match up is taunt warrior - just because the Deck relies on either comboing or the opponent not having an answer to one of youre 5 threats - and Warrior often does.

Another huge part of my success was the knowledge that OpenTheWayGate counters Ice block in a beautiful way, and with all the Grinder/Secret mages running around - its important to have such big counter to them (without having to make a huge sacrifice in other matchups by teching in Eater Of Secrets).

Im tempted to make an in-Depth guide for this deck  as we know in the current meta it CAN reach legend, Let me know what you think - TY for the deck list

Hello everybody!

Exodia mage is a deck I starded playied (not with success) since the very first day it was published here. I have to thank this site as there is nothing that I enjoy more than play this combo :) as an old yugioh player, it's undestandable.

However, do someone have a wild list for exodia mage? I was wandering what card should I use... It's better the mad scientist (that play ice block from deck), the arcanologist (that can fetch the second ice block even if you have played the first) or both?

2 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

Hello everybody!

Exodia mage is a deck I starded playied (not with success) since the very first day it was published here. I have to thank this site as there is nothing that I enjoy more than play this combo :) as an old yugioh player, it's undestandable.

However, do someone have a wild list for exodia mage? I was wandering what card should I use... It's better the mad scientist (that play ice block from deck), the arcanologist (that can fetch the second ice block even if you have played the first) or both?

I would rather use Mad Scientist for higher value. It will often enable stronger plays as it will not force you to spend additional 3 mana for the secret.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Verthrix said:

There's wrong Mukla in the GinjaNinja listing. It should be tyrant of the vale as it is in the deck instructions

Thanks, i'll fix it!

Guys i have alex,shindragosa,jaina and many legendaries and i want a deck witch will take value some of my legendaries but also not have medievhs valet and babbling book, any suggestions?

7 hours ago, Guest djinick2u said:

Guys i have alex,shindragosa,jaina and many legendaries and i want a deck witch will take value some of my legendaries but also not have medievhs valet and babbling book, any suggestions?

Do you play wild or standard?

However, quest mage use Alex only in the Giant version, and it doesn't use a lot of other legendaries because it focus more on spell generation to complete the quest (except Antonidas or Alexstraza, of course). Maybe a control mage like this?

However, you can always swap the valets and book for other cards that fulfill the same role.... here there should be some better player then me :)

Hey I just noticed you stole my deck! I had this since 5 minutes after it was possible to create it and been using it since. You have a flaw on one card which makes your deck lose more than it should. How dare you copy my deck and shouldn't take credit for it.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this