Aluneth — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Aluneth is a Mage-only weapon. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Each class was given a Legendary Weapon in the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion. The Mage weapon is Aluneth, which draws cards at the end of each turn. To get value from this card, you should remember thatwill draw three cards for half the cost of Aluneth, and so Aluneth will need to hang around for some time to make its inclusion in your deck worthwhile. You should also be aware that you will need to win the game before you start to fatigue, as Aluneth will kill you very quickly if you go deep into your deck.
To make Aluneth work in Constructed, it is important that you can cast most of the cards that you draw. This would mainly work in a deck with cheap damage spells, but the downside that needs to be overcome is that the 6-Mana cost of Aluneth means that you will often have to invest an entire turn to get the card draw engine running. It is also very open to being destroyed by your opponent. Decks that play Aluneth tend to play Ice Block, so that they can buy extra time to use all of the cards they are drawing.
Aluneth is a poor card in Arena. The 6 Mana is a big investment, and you will die on your second turn into fatigue. This means that you will only have a few turns to kill your opponent with all your extra cards. For this to happen, you have to be able to play a large number of these cards, and your opponent has to have no ways of slowing you down. As there is no way other than Medivh for you to destroy your own weapon, you will often condemn yourself to an early death.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens