FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Freeze Mage Deck List

Guest Useless deck

I do not think this is a viable deck, i actually prefer much more sottle 's decks, this is not viable at all, you have no consistent board, no consistent spells to help antonidas. If you loose antonidas or alexastra you can throw everything in the toilet. You meet a paladin or a priest that keep healing themselves you can do nothing.

On 1/5/2017 at 10:38 AM, Vlad said:

This thread is for comments about our Freeze Mage Standard Un'Goro Deck.

i had it against at rank 13. not bad at all. this melts you slowly till 15 or 10 Hp. so they can close the game easy with Pyroblast.

i never won against this. in the actual standard meta there aren't many ways to counter Alexstrasza that just don't care if the enemy have healings

This is a viable deck, though it may be hard to pilot. And it is a deck with several important favored matchups, such as rogue (both quest and miracle), and midrange paladin. And these 3 decks are tier 1 decks, meaning you will encounter them more often than not, especially at higher ranks. 

It sucks against both warrior archetypes, one is too fast, other is too 'healthy' for a combo, but that's only fair. Also, this is the most viable mage deck out there. I know, because I tried all of them.

Maybe its about your mindset;

4 hours ago, Guest Useless deck said:

you have no consistent board

Freeze mage never ever had a consistent board, it is not like an elemental mage, which plays along a curve, and make use of elemental synergies. Freeze mage mainly has Doomsayer to combo with Frost Nova and Blizzard, several minions for card draw, Alexstrasza and  Bloodmage Thalnos. This one also has Archmage Antonidas for extra burn. None of these minions make a board. Rest of the cards are stall and burn. 

If you loose antonidas or alexastra

Yeah, Dirty Rat hurts this deck, quite a bit.

You meet a paladin or a priest that keep healing themselves you can do nothing.

Partially wrong. After Alexstrasza, priest cannot heal for 15 in one turn (Unless Binding Heal is involved), and this means you have like 1 or 2 turns to finish them off. Don't use Alex until you have enough burn for the next several turns. 

For Paladin, you may try to use some of the burn to force them to heal with Forbidden Healing, then you Alex them. However, N'Zoth Paladin is a really bad matchup. If you encounter so many of them, try adding a second copy of Pyroblast

• Like 2

Guest Gus

@FanofValeera Disagree about this being the most viable mage deck. I've piloted a  Secrets Mage, and a Control oriented value deck with Medivh just fine.  At times better than Freeze mage.

Explain how this is good against quest rogue for me, if you would.  I see the numbers that claim it is, but have had zero success against that deck.  It's just way too slow, and freezing the board doesn't really help as they can just send 5/5's with charge, and/or start hacking away with Evis

6 hours ago, Guest Gus said:

@FanofValeera Disagree about this being the most viable mage deck. I've piloted a  Secrets Mage, and a Control oriented value deck with Medivh just fine.  At times better than Freeze mage.

Freeze mage used to be the strongest mage deck, but the meta has evolved since the post was made (during the last 2 weeks, that is), making Secret mage the stronger deck.