Stan

Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 16

9 posts in this topic

KNMN1Y5PG4S91479254700231.jpg

Free Hero rotation was updated for the week of May 16.

Weekly Sales for this week have been posted here.

Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 16, 2017

The following Heroes are on rotation this week:

(Source)

Valeera in free rotation, like QM wasn't already becoming unbearable. At least shes nerfed so she doesn't one shot squishies post-20. Not that Valeera would be OP, in fact shes really mediocre, but that she has so low skill cap and thus is very very popular as even trained monkeys could play her. If you do 5 man QM its not a problem but when you do QM in solo or duo queue and you get zero support comps she suddenly becomes really fucking annoying to deal with as you have to hearth to respect blowing up from 50% hp or so.

16 minutes ago, BrightwingMain said:

Valeera in free rotation, like QM wasn't already becoming unbearable. At least shes nerfed so she doesn't one shot squishies post-20. Not that Valeera would be OP, in fact shes really mediocre, but that she has so low skill cap and thus is very very popular as even trained monkeys could play her. If you do 5 man QM its not a problem but when you do QM in solo or duo queue and you get zero support comps she suddenly becomes really fucking annoying to deal with as you have to hearth to respect blowing up from 50% hp or so.

QM is kinda BS a lot though.  Was in a game vs 3 assassin, BW and Leoric while we had Li Li (me), Aba, Sylvanus, Leoric and Muardin. We simply didn't have the damage and even with the health and heals, we got broken to pieces. (didn't help that Aba wouldn't dual soak) edit: it was Infernal Shrines btw

But for Valeera, I feel like she's more of a fear and utility rather than kills. Like I had a game with her where all I did was run around and stun enemies who were chasing or doing threatening stuff. That disrupted them and they couldn't reorganize. I'd only kill if I could do it in 2 seconds or if it was the support in a teamfight

Edited by MurkyFelix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrightwingMain said:

Valeera being overplayed in Quick Match is good because that way the chances of getting queued against more annoying/dangerous stealth Heroes (Zeratul) are nulled unless they both queue together. Thank god for the new matchmaking. If anything, Valeera is mainly an opportunist Hero, made to gank squishies overextending, execute opponents at low health that are fleeing or set up kills for characters with higher damage output. And that is why I hate her and stealth Heroes in general.

2 hours ago, MurkyFelix said:

QM is kinda BS a lot though.  Was in a game vs 3 assassin, BW and Leoric while we had Li Li (me), Aba, Sylvanus, Leoric and Muardin. We simply didn't have the damage and even with the health and heals, we got broken to pieces. (didn't help that Aba wouldn't dual soak) edit: it was Infernal Shrines btw

But for Valeera, I feel like she's more of a fear and utility rather than kills. Like I had a game with her where all I did was run around and stun enemies who were chasing or doing threatening stuff. That disrupted them and they couldn't reorganize. I'd only kill if I could do it in 2 seconds or if it was the support in a teamfight

That is why I usually don't solo queue in QM, unless I'm using a self-suficient Hero (such as Thrall) or a one that can fit into any/most team compositions (such as ETC). But I usually queue as Support because there is never one.

As for Valeera, of all the stealthies, she is usually easiest to deal with (or should I say least hard). If you train your Starcraft eyes well, you can spot her from miles away as she tries to sneak on you. I've been able to repel many Valeeras into walls with Auriel, using Detainment Strike right when they get behind me. It's so satisfying! Now Zeratul is a whole different story. Once he gets on your ankle it's really hard to shake him off.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Valhalen said:

That is why I usually don't solo queue in QM, unless I'm using a self-suficient Hero (such as Thrall) or a one that can fit into any/most team compositions (such as ETC). But I usually queue as Support because there is never one.

Yeah, I deliberately always play QM in a party of 2 or more, preferably at least 3, and with a support in our party, just to get rid of the structural problems of random QM comps. Reasonably synergistic 5 man QM parties can even be fun, which although sounds like an odd proposition at first, in fact is a state of mind rarely, but very possibly achievable even in HotS QM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightwingMain said:

Yeah, I deliberately always play QM in a party of 2 or more, preferably at least 3, and with a support in our party, just to get rid of the structural problems of random QM comps. Reasonably synergistic 5 man QM parties can even be fun, which although sounds like an odd proposition at first, in fact is a state of mind rarely, but very possibly achievable even in HotS QM.

Premade 5 man parties are awesome when they happen, specially if you play with friends that understand the game and each other's playstyles. Whenever I do, our party usually facerolls in QM, it is awesome. We have this one guy that always plays as Stitches and pulls the craziest Hooks.

Wow you guys must be awesome with her with hating that much.
Even tho Valeera got nerfed (which means something)) she is still a real threat for some champs. 

Yes she gets stomped by tank comps, denied by a good vision detector and mainly all kind of CC and burst comps, but she's a champ you can pick as 4th or 5th pick to punish some enemy comps.

In the end QM is not a good reference when talking about the strongness of champs. We played games as 5 speccs (only queued with a mate) against 5 assassins and stuff like that.

18 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Valeera being overplayed in Quick Match is good because that way the chances of getting queued against more annoying/dangerous stealth Heroes (Zeratul) are nulled unless they both queue together. Thank god for the new matchmaking. If anything, Valeera is mainly an opportunist Hero, made to gank squishies overextending, execute opponents at low health that are fleeing or set up kills for characters with higher damage output. And that is why I hate her and stealth Heroes in general.

As for Valeera, of all the stealthies, she is usually easiest to deal with (or should I say least hard). If you train your Starcraft eyes well, you can spot her from miles away as she tries to sneak on you. I've been able to repel many Valeeras into walls with Auriel, using Detainment Strike right when they get behind me. It's so satisfying! Now Zeratul is a whole different story. Once he gets on your ankle it's really hard to shake him off.

I agree with the fact that zeratul might be a bigger threat then valeera, because his ability kit depends on more aoe burst and the ability to blink (twice).
But disagree with Valeera is the easiest to deal with. She has tons of CC, for any situation. If a valeera sucks or is a nightmare mainly depends on how good a player can adapt her to different situations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AWSMpb said:

Wow you guys must be awesome with her with hating that much.
Even tho Valeera got nerfed (which means something)) she is still a real threat for some champs. 

Yes she gets stomped by tank comps, denied by a good vision detector and mainly all kind of CC and burst comps, but she's a champ you can pick as 4th or 5th pick to punish some enemy comps.

In the end QM is not a good reference when talking about the strongness of champs. We played games as 5 speccs (only queued with a mate) against 5 assassins and stuff like that.

I agree with the fact that zeratul might be a bigger threat then valeera, because his ability kit depends on more aoe burst and the ability to blink (twice).
But disagree with Valeera is the easiest to deal with. She has tons of CC, for any situation. If a valeera sucks or is a nightmare mainly depends on how good a player can adapt her to different situations.

Indeed, you're right. We can't generalize or let the salt from Valeera's launch speak higher. But I still think she is the least dangerous of the stealthies (not that she is not a threat, because she is), although she is much more slippery than Nova, which allows to get in and out of combat really fast, combined with the CCs for any situation (much like you said); meanwhile Nova gets completely if she miss a shot or follow-up, but her burst tends to be higher than Valeera under the right circumstances.