Kharazim Build Guide “Feel the wrath of Ytar!”
Welcome to our guide for Kharazim, a Melee Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Kharazim's Overview
Kharazim is a hybrid character who fits into the role of both a melee Assassin and a Support. He combines deadly Basic Attacks with great mobility in order to either damage his foes or assist his allies. There is hardly any other Support Hero in the game that compares to Kharazim's dynamic playstyle. It is important to mention, however, that he does require strong mechanics and a lot of experience in order to unfold his true potential, which is why we consider Kharazim to be one of the harder Heroes to truly master..
2. Kharazim's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Great utility
- Very mobile
- Can be played as either Support or melee Assassin
- High damage against single targets
- Strong talent choices
3. Kharazim's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Damage BuildTalent calculator »
The Damage Build relies on both outstanding mobility and strong damage output due to talents like Blinding Speed at Level 7 or Way of the Hundred Fists at Level 16. It is important to carefully analyze the enemy team composition's main sources of damage. If they have strong Basic Attackers and crowd control effects, Sixth Sense gains a lot of value. However, if most of their damage comes from Abilities, Spell Shield is a worthy replacement. Epiphany finalizes Kharazim's offensive Build at Level 20 by allowing him to instantly restore all of his Radiant Dash charges at once. We want to highlight that going for the Damage Build even when being the solo Support in your team is recommended due to the fact that you still put out enough healing while also providing a surprising amount of kill potential.
Transcendence BuildTalent calculator »
The Transcendence Build is the go-to choice if your team requires a strong solo Support. There are a few situational talents available, which depend on what the enemy team's composition consists of. At Level 4, Spirit Ally can be replaced by Earth Ally if the enemy team relies less on AoE damage over time and instead has powerful Basic Attackers in their roster. At Level 13, Quicksilver is a safe option, however, Sixth Sense gains a lot of value against Basic Attackers and crowd control. If most of the damage comes from Abilities, Spell Shield is a worthy replacement. At Level 16, Cleansing Touch can be an absolute lifesaver against crowd control effects, however, Echo of Heaven can be a situational replacement for more sustained healing. Finally, at Level 20 Storm Shield is a good talent against AoE damage and can usually be picked instead of Peaceful Repose.
4. Kharazim's Synergies and Counters
5. Kharazim's Maps
Kharazim is a solid pick on most maps with Braxis Holdout and Tomb of the Spider Queen being the two major exceptions. The most important reason why we do not recommend Kharazim on those maps is his utter lack of waveclear. On Battlefield of Eternity, however, his strong single-target damage and the ability to heal without using a lot of Mana make him a valuable asset to his team composition.
6. Kharazim's Tips and Tricks
- Radiant Dash can be used on your Elemental Allies (even over Walls and other unpassable terrain) in order to escape pursuing enemies.
- Avoid smashing your Q-button too quickly when playing Kharazim, as it may cause Radiant Dash to use both charges on the same target.
- Do not use any healing or shielding abilities on the target you used Divine Palm on.
- During team fights, especially in the later stages of the game, it is often better to use Radiant Dash on allies in order to heal them and reposition yourself.
- Echo of Heaven is a powerful talent to improve your healing numbers. However, the second heal does not grant the bonus movement speed provided by Breath of Heaven.
- It is incredibly important to wait for the right moment before you use Seven-Sided Strike. Ideally, you want to focus its damage on one enemy only to unfold all its damage on the same target.
7. Kharazim's Role in the Current Meta
Kharazim's potent defensive and offensive skills make him one of the most flexible Heroes in the game, which causes him to fit into a variety of team compositions, even if your team already has a healer. Although he does not always have an easy time at keeping an entire team alive on his own, Breath of Heaven provides a useful low-cooldown healing spell that is capable of healing and accelerating several allies at the same time. If you team lacks damage, a Radiant Dash centric Talent Build turns Kharazim into a dangerous brawler, capable of wreaking havoc within the enemy ranks.
We find Kharazim to be a rather situational pick in competitive play, depending on what your team composition needs you to be. What makes Kharazim a very interesting choice as well is the fact that his talent tree is incredibly versatile. Talents such as Spirit Ally, Earth Ally, or Spell Shield allow him to adapt to nearly any situation.
- 02 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Kharazim's Level 1 talents following the latest balance update.
- 02 Nov. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Transcendence, Iron Fists, and Insight following the latest balance update.
- 21 May 2017 (talents page): Changed and updated Kharazim's Level 13 and 16 talents.
- 06 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Revisited Tier 1 talent assessments.
- 22 Nov. 2016 (this page): Kharazim rework under the new guide format.
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: March 26th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: March 22nd
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Upcoming Changes to Shards & Loot Boxes in Heroes of the Storm
- Heroic Deals: March 19th
- Chromie & Lucio Rework: A List of All Abilities & Talents
- Heroes Blue Posts: March 19th
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: March 18th
- Fever Clan is looking for more players!
- Heroes of the Storm Rexxar
- Heroes of the Storm The Lost Vikings
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm Leoric
- Heroes of the Storm Fenix
- Heroes of the Storm Tychus
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va