Li Li Build Guide “Ready for adventure!”
Welcome to our guide for Li Li, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Li Li's Overview
Li Li is a Healer that provides a high amount of sustain healing but a low amount of burst healing, something that makes her particularly good in prolonged team fights and bad in other scenarios, unless she can get some value out of her Blind to mitigate a considerable amount of damage.
Li Li's Strengths and Weaknesses
- High sustained healing
- Ability to Blind
Li Li's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Cloud Serpent BuildRecommended
Li Li's Cloud Serpent Build turns you into a battle Healer who can provide a considerable amount of healing and deal a decent amount of damage at the same time, a combination that is particularly suited for drawn-out team fights.
The combination of Wind Serpent at Level 4 and Lightning Serpent at Level 13 allows her to constantly pressure the enemy team with low but steady damage, especially if you can trigger Fast Feet for Serpent Sidekick at Level 1. All the damage done this way contributes to heal allied Heroes who have Cloud Serpent on them.
Healing Brew BuildBeginner
Li Li's Healing Brew Build is designed to increase sustain healing, something that helps against damage over time effects (Lunara comes to mind).
Blinding Wind BuildSituational
Li Li's Blinding Wind Build is designed to increase the chances to save allied Heroes from immediate danger, however, always keep in mind that Li Li has been intentionally designed in a way that does not let her handle burst damage well enough.
The best Talents to quickly help allied Heroes during short team fights are Let's Go! at Level 7, Pick Me Up at Level 16, and Mistweaver at Level 20. Gale Force at Level 13 partially helps with that as well, but it also help you trade better with the enemy team by increasing the damage you can deal with Basic Attacks in a short period of time.
Li Li's Synergies and Counters
Li Li does very well with Heroes who can mitigate burst damage on their own because it allows her to succeed against burst damage, where she otherwise struggles. That said, this is not a concern when facing team compositions that lack burst damage altogether.
Last but not the least, Li Li does not have access to hard crowd control effects, therefore she will perform way better when paired with Heroes who can provide it.
Li Li's Maps
Li Li's viability is not relative to the environment, but to the Heroes on either team, especially in the enemy one. While she performs consistently on most Battlegrounds, she tends to do slightly better where team fights take longer as she can get more value from her sustain healing, especially if accompanied by another Healer or just a Support, and slightly worse on Battlegrounds where waveclear is important.
Li Li's Tips and Tricks
- Sometimes Healing Brew requires you to position near who you want to heal because they are in danger and far from who you do not want to heal because they are already safe.
- Due to its short Attack Range while active, Cloud Serpent should be used on frontline Heroes as they engage.
- Use Blinding Wind only when enemy Heroes step up for doing damage because the Blind is relatively short.
- Do not cast Jug of 1,000 Cups too late during team fights, but use it to top off your team, because it is pretty slow at healing.
- When safe to do so, intentionally take a small amount of damage to activate Fast Feet for a few seconds, then repeat if possible.
Li Li's Role in the Current Meta
Li Li is very effective in prolonged team fights, where her sustained healing has time to accumulate into a substantial Health advantage for her team. On the other hand, she cannot do much against burst damage.
While she is capable of functioning as the only Healer for her team, however, she can be played as secondary Healer with success by changing some Talents to increase her damage output and utility.
- 08 Mar. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 08 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 27 Feb. 2021 (this page): Build Tags updated.
- 27 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Build Tags updated.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (talents page): New layout.
- 05 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Talent Descriptions modified to explain some interactions.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Cloud Serpent Build modified and then changed from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (this page): Cloud Serpent Build modified and then changed from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 15 Jun. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy partially revised to match new standards.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Updated Role in the Current Meta to include information on current Nexus Anomaly.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (this page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Reviewed Abilities discussion to ensure relevance after balance patch.
- 31 Dec. 2018 (this page): Updated Indroduction, Abilities and Strategy, and Talent Build pages to reflect meta developments.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Cloud Serpent discussion to reflect changes in balance patch.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Updated guide to reflect Wind Serpent functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent to reflect functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 16 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent and The Good Stuff discussions.
- 13 Nov. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide to reflect her Talent rework in the Alexstrasza release patch.
- 13 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide for Malthael's patch and moved it to the new format.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- Hanamura Temple Map Guide
- Icy Veins Masters Clash Championship - Road to Paris Schedule: June 5-6
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- Icy Veins Masters Clash Championship Special Accommodation Offer
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes: May 18, 2021
- Masters Clash Championship Schedule: May 15-16
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Opening Moves
- Heroes of the Storm Hanamura Temple
- Heroes of the Storm Hotkeys
- Heroes of the Storm Johanna