Li Li Build Guide “Ready for adventure!”
Welcome to our guide for Li Li, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Li Li's Overview
Li Li is a Healer that provides a high amount of sustain healing but a low amount of burst healing, something that makes her particularly good in prolonged team fights and not that good in other scenarios, unless she can get value out of her Blind to mitigate a big amount of damage.
Li Li's Strengths and Weaknesses
Li Li's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Blinding Wind BuildRecommended
Li Li's Blinding Wind Build is designed to provide additional protection from enemy Heroes who rely on Basic Attacks and to save an allied Hero from enemy focus. In particular, Wind Serpent at Level 1 adds a second Blind effect to her Basic Abilities and Gale Force at Level 13 increases the duration of all her Blinds. Furthermore, Pick Me Up at Level 16 increases her single-target healing when needed the most, and Let's Go! at Level 7 can be used to remove enemy crowd control while also healing the target Hero for a decent amount.
Healing Brew BuildSituational
Li Li's Healing Brew Build is designed to increase sustain healing, something that helps against damage over time effects (Lunara comes to mind). In particular, Two For One helps you to keep multiple allied Heroes in a good shape with the help of Free Drinks and The Good Stuff that synergize well all together.
Cloud Serpent BuildNot recommended
Li Li's Cloud Serpent Build is designed to increase your damage, something that is only advised when your team has another Healer. In particular, Lightning Serpent at Level 7 allows her to constantly pressure the enemy team, and Serpent Sidekick at Level 4 increases its value even more. Furthermore, Gale Force at Level 13 increases her Attack Damage done to enemy Heroes affected by Blind in synergy with Wind Serpent at Level 1 that adds a second, but single-target Blinding Wind to her kit.
Li Li's Synergies and Counters
Li Li does very well with Heroes who can mitigate burst damage on their own. This allows her to succeed against burst damage, where she otherwise struggles. This is not a concern when facing team compositions that lack burst damage altogether. Li Li also does well with Heroes who have strong waveclear, as she is not able to directly contribute to map pressure in a meaningful way.
Li Li's Maps
Li Li's viability is not relative to the environment; it is relative to the Heroes on either team. She performs consistently on most Battlefields. Li Li has very poor waveclear, but can soak a lane during the early game if necessary.
Li Li's Tips and Tricks
- Use Healing Brew whenever it is available to heal allies.
- Cloud Serpent should be used on frontline melee Heroes as they engage.
- Use Blinding Wind to Blind Heroes; avoid PvE use.
- Activate Jug of 1,000 Cups preemptively in team fights.
Li Li's Role in the Current Meta
Li Li is very effective in prolonged team fights, where her sustained healing has time to accumulate into a substantial Health advantage for her team. She can be a good pick against Heroes that rely on Basic Attacks, because Blinding Wind is very good at inhibiting their strengths. Li Li is capable of functioning well as the only Healer for her team.
With her high Basic Ability damage and access to Water Dragon, Li Li can also work well as a supplemental Support for teams that already have a dedicated healer. While this is not usually recommended in draft modes where other choices can be made, it can salvage games in Quick Match and Brawl where two healers happen to be on the same team.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Updated Role in the Current Meta to include information on current Nexus Anomaly.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (this page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Reviewed Abilities discussion to ensure relevance after balance patch.
- 31 Dec. 2018 (this page): Updated Indroduction, Abilities and Strategy, and Talent Build pages to reflect meta developments.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Cloud Serpent discussion to reflect changes in balance patch.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Updated guide to reflect Wind Serpent functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent to reflect functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 16 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent and The Good Stuff discussions.
- 13 Nov. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide to reflect her Talent rework in the Alexstrasza release patch.
- 13 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide for Malthael's patch and moved it to the new format.
- Call for Help Nexus Anomaly Feedback Wanted
- Haunted Mines Soundtrack Drum Cover
- Greek Gods Skin Concepts: Messenger Kharazim & Hades Ragnaros
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: May 6th
- Mythic Pantheon Skins Now Live
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 5th
- Heroes of the Storm AMA Recap: April 30th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes with Self-Healing
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Quarantine Heroes btw