Li Li Build Guide “Ready for adventure!”
Welcome to our guide for Li Li, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Li Li's Overview
Li Li is a sustained healing Support Hero. Although she lacks any hard crowd control, she is able to Blind enemies with Blinding Wind. Li Li is capable of dealing significantly more damage than most other Supports. Fast Feet allows her to trade damage very efficiently, as she gains movement speed and cooldown reduction when damaged.
2. Li Li's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Li Li's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Blinding BuildTalent calculator »
With the Blind build, Li Li can keep enemies blind for long periods of time. Wind Serpent causes Cloud Serpent to cast a Blinding Wind at an enemy near your Cloud Serpent target. The key here is that this extra Blinding Wind will benefit from Blinding Wind Talents at later Levels. Wind Serpent pairs very well with Hindering Winds, because you can keep enemies blind and slowed for several seconds by alternating between Blinding Wind and Cloud Serpent. Taking Gale Force with Wind Serpent will allow you to deal bonus damage to blind enemies, and will keep them blind longer.
Healing BuildTalent calculator »
The Healing Build is a good template to use when you are the only Support on your team. This build is designed to sustain Mana as long as possible, while constantly casting Healing Brew. The Good Stuff will passively increase the healing of each brew. Let's Go! may be taken at Level 7 instead if you wish to cleanse crowd-control. Jug of 1,000 Cups can be used for quick healing as needed, and can be cancelled to lower its cooldown. Pick Me Up and Mistweaver give excellent late game healing. Hindering Winds and Mass Vortex round out the build by giving you a bit of offensive power.
4. Li Li's Synergies and Counters
Healing Brew is not very effective against Ability based burst damage. Heroes that deal burst damage will force Healing Brew to heal a single ally, while the rest of her team may be suffering. Forcing Li Li to spend her Mana in an inefficient way is a good way to counter her, especially if she is the only healer on her team. Another way to counter her is to be able to consistantly deal damage while outside the range of Blinding Wind. Li Li is very effective against most Basic Attack Heroes, but Raynor can Basic Attack from a great enough range that she has to frontline in order to Blind him. Her kit is also poorly equiped to Support her team as they defend a Hyperion push.
5. Li Li's Maps
Li Li has very poor waveclear, but can soak a lane during the early game thanks to her ability to trade efficiently. For this reason, she tends to do well on very large maps that have 3 lanes to soak. This usually results in two solo lanes for each team. Li Li can heal very well in a group, even early in the game. She can struggle on maps that involve powerful lane pushing objectives, as she contributes very little to map pressure.
6. Li Li's Tips and Tricks
- Use Healing Brew whenever it is available to heal allies.
- Cloud Serpent should be used on frontline melee Heroes when possible.
- Use Blinding Wind to Blind Heroes; avoid liberal PvE use.
- Activate Jug of 1,000 Cups preemptively in team fights.
7. Li Li's Role in the Current Meta
Li Li is very effective in prolonged team fights, where her sustained healing has time to accumulate into a substantial Health advantage for her team. She can be a good pick against Heroes that rely on Basic Attacks, because Blinding Wind is very good at inhibiting their strenghts. With her high Basic Ability damage and access to Water Dragon, Li Li is a good supplemental Support for teams that have a dedicated healer.
It is best to take Li Li as a secondary Support, so that you are able to take Water Dragon. Jug of 1,000 Cups can be interrupted, reducing its healing output. If it is interrupted near the beginning of its channel time, most of its healing can be cancelled. It is always best to take healing Talentes if you are the only Support on your team, but this scenario should generally be avoided when possible.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Cloud Serpent discussion to reflect changes in balance patch.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent to reflect functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Updated guide to reflect Wind Serpent functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 16 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent and The Good Stuff discussions.
- 13 Nov. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide to reflect her Talent rework in the Alexstrasza release patch.
- 13 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide for Malthael's patch and moved it to the new format.
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane
- Laptop charger disconnecting when playing HOTS
- Heroes of the Storm Alexstrasza
- Heroes of the Storm Artanis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Glossary
- Heroes with Self-Healing