Li Li Build Guide “Ready for adventure!”
Welcome to our guide for Li Li, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Li Li's Overview
Li Li is a sustained healer designed to alter damage trades favourably for her team. She works best against sustained damage compositions, where her Abilities will get the most value throughout their durations.
2. Li Li's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Li Li's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Blinding BuildTalent calculator »
With the Blind build, Li Li can keep enemies blind for long periods of time. Wind Serpent causes Cloud Serpent to cast a Blinding Wind at an enemy near your Cloud Serpent target. The key here is that this extra Blinding Wind will benefit from Blinding Wind Talents at later Levels. Wind Serpent pairs very well with Hindering Winds, because you can keep enemies blind and slowed for several seconds by alternating between Blinding Wind and Cloud Serpent. Taking Gale Force with Wind Serpent will allow you to deal bonus damage to blind enemies, and will keep them blind longer. Pick Me Up is recommended over Two For One here, as the increased Healing Brew cooldown from Two For One is a bit inconvenient without Free Drinks.
Healing BuildTalent calculator »
The Healing Build is a good template to use when you are the only Support on your team. This build is designed to sustain Mana as long as possible while constantly casting Healing Brew. The Good Stuff will passively increase the healing of each brew. Let's Go! may be taken at Level 7 instead if you wish to cleanse crowd control. Jug of 1,000 Cups can be used for quick healing as needed, and can be cancelled to lower its cooldown. Two For One and Mistweaver give excellent late-game healing.
Cloud Serpent BuildTalent calculator »
The Cloud Serpent build takes Talents that improve the healing, duration, and damage of Cloud Serpent. This build will require more conservative use of Healing Brew than other builds, but provides superior support to your frontline. A Tank that is engaging into the enemy team will receive a great amount healing from a fully Talented Cloud Serpent. The serpent is ideally cast on a melee ally as they approach an enemy Hero. This will blind the target, help deal damage to the enemy, and heal your ally. Due to the lack of Healing Brew Talents, Jug of 1,000 Cups is strongly recommended with this build when Li Li is the only Healer.
4. Li Li's Synergies and Counters
Li Li does very well with Heroes who can mitigate burst damage on their own. This allows her to succeed against burst damage, where she otherwise struggles. This is not a concern when facing team compositions that lack burst damage altogether. Li Li also does well with Heroes who have strong waveclear, as she is not able to directly contribute to map pressure in a meaningful way.
5. Li Li's Maps
Li Li's viability is not relative to the environment; it is relative to the Heroes on either team. She performs consistently on most Battlefields. Li Li has very poor waveclear, but can soak a lane during the early game if necessary.
6. Li Li's Tips and Tricks
- Use Healing Brew whenever it is available to heal allies.
- Cloud Serpent should be used on frontline melee Heroes as they engage.
- Use Blinding Wind to Blind Heroes; avoid PvE use.
- Activate Jug of 1,000 Cups preemptively in team fights.
7. Li Li's Role in the Current Meta
Li Li is very effective in prolonged team fights, where her sustained healing has time to accumulate into a substantial Health advantage for her team. She can be a good pick against Heroes that rely on Basic Attacks, because Blinding Wind is very good at inhibiting their strengths. Li Li is capable of functioning well as the only Healer for her team.
With her high Basic Ability damage and access to Water Dragon, Li Li can also work well as a supplemental Support for teams that already have a dedicated healer. While this is not usually recommended in draft modes where other choices can be made, it can salvage games in Quick Match and Brawl where two healers happen to be on the same team.
- 31 Dec. 2018 (this page): Updated Indroduction, Abilities and Strategy, and Talent Build pages to reflect meta developments.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Cloud Serpent discussion to reflect changes in balance patch.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Updated guide to reflect Wind Serpent functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent to reflect functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 16 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent and The Good Stuff discussions.
- 13 Nov. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide to reflect her Talent rework in the Alexstrasza release patch.
- 13 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide for Malthael's patch and moved it to the new format.
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Millionaire
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Heroes of the Storm Update: February 8th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!
- Heroes of the Storm Uther
- Fever Clan is looking for more players!