Li Li Build Guide “Ready for adventure!”
Welcome to our guide for Li Li, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Li Li's Overview
Li Li is a Healer that provides a high amount of sustain healing but a low amount of burst healing, something that makes her particularly good in prolonged team fights and bad in other scenarios, unless she can get some value out of her Blind to mitigate a considerable amount of damage.
Li Li's Strengths and Weaknesses
- No hard crowd control
- Lack of burst healing
- Her healing Abilities prioritize Heroes low on Health
- Poor waveclear
Li Li's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Cloud Serpent BuildRecommended
Li Li's Cloud Serpent Build turns you into a battle Healer who can provide a fair amount of healing and deal a decent amount of damage at the same time, a combination that is particularly suited for drawn-out team fights.
The combination of Wind Serpent at Level 4 and Lightning Serpent at Level 13 allows her to constantly pressure the enemy team with low but steady damage, especially if you can get value from Fast Feet for Serpent Sidekick at Level 1.
While good on its own, prefer this Build when playing Li Li together with another Healer as it increases your damage (as explained already) and their healing, thanks to Blessings Of Yu'lon at Level 16.
Healing Brew BuildBeginner
Li Li's Healing Brew Build is designed to increase sustain healing, something that helps against damage over time effects (Lunara comes to mind) and can easily keep your team topped off during team fights.
In particular, Two For One helps you to keep multiple allied Heroes in a good shape with the help of Free Drinks at Level 1 and The Good Stuff at Level 7 that synergize well all together.
Li Li's Synergies and Counters
Li Li does very well with Heroes who can mitigate burst damage on their own because it allows her to succeed against burst damage, where she otherwise struggles. That said, this is not a concern when facing team compositions that lack burst damage altogether.
While not really a synergy, Li Li also does well with Heroes who have strong waveclear as she is not able to directly contribute to macro pressure in a meaningful way.
Last but not the least, Li Li does not have access to hard crowd control effects, therefore she will perform way better when paired with Heroes who can provide it.
Considering how her Abilities and Talents work, Li Li is pretty interesting to play together with a burst Healer, but make sure to still have a well-rounded team composition when doing so.
Healing Brew is not very effective against burst damage because it does not heal that much and has a relatively slow animation.
Li Li is also countered by crowd control that can interrupt her Heroic Abilities.
Li Li's Maps
Li Li's viability is not relative to the environment, but to the Heroes on either team, especially in the enemy one. While she performs consistently on most Maps, she tends to do slightly better where team fights take longer as she can get more value from her sustain healing, especially if accompanied by another Healer or just a Support, and slightly worse on Maps where waveclear is important.
Li Li's Tips and Tricks
- Sometimes Healing Brew requires you to position near who you want to heal because they are in danger and far from who you do not want to heal because they are already safe.
- Due to its short Attack Range while active, Cloud Serpent should be used on frontline Heroes as they engage.
- Use Blinding Wind only when enemy Heroes step up for doing damage because the Blind is relatively short.
- Do not cast Jug of 1,000 Cups too late during team fights, but use it to top off your team, because it is pretty slow at healing.
- When safe to do so, intentionally take a small amount of damage to activate Fast Feet for a few seconds, then repeat if possible.
Li Li's Role in the Current Meta
Li Li is very effective in prolonged team fights, where her sustain healing has time to accumulate into a substantial Health advantage for her team. On the other hand, she cannot do much against burst damage.
While she is capable of functioning as the only Healer for her team, however, she can be played as Support alongside another Healer with success by changing some Talents to increase her damage output and utility.
- 24 May 2022 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 24 May 2022 (this page): Builds updated.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Sep. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 02 Sep. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 02 Sep. 2021 (talents page): Builds and Talent descriptions updated.
- 08 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 08 Mar. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 06 Mar. 2021 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 27 Feb. 2021 (this page): Build Tags updated.
- 27 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Build Tags updated.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (talents page): New layout.
- 05 Oct. 2020 (talents page): Talent Descriptions modified to explain some interactions.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (this page): Cloud Serpent Build modified and then changed from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 12 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Cloud Serpent Build modified and then changed from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 15 Jun. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy partially revised to match new standards.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 16 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Updated Role in the Current Meta to include information on current Nexus Anomaly.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (this page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion and builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Reviewed Abilities discussion to ensure relevance after balance patch.
- 31 Dec. 2018 (this page): Updated Indroduction, Abilities and Strategy, and Talent Build pages to reflect meta developments.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Cloud Serpent discussion to reflect changes in balance patch.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent to reflect functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Updated guide to reflect Wind Serpent functionality change in Fenix patch.
- 16 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Wind Serpent and The Good Stuff discussions.
- 13 Nov. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide to reflect her Talent rework in the Alexstrasza release patch.
- 13 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated Li-Li guide for Malthael's patch and moved it to the new format.
More Healer Guides
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Connection Lost Constantly
- Heroes of the Storm Wandering Keg
- Heroes of the Storm Garden of Terror
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar