Chromie Build Guide “Your time's up!”
Welcome to our guide for Chromie, a Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Chromie's Overview
Chromie is a ranged Assassin with outstanding burst damage and poke potential. Her strong burst abilities allow her to inflict heavy damage onto her targets, while both of her Heroic Abilities provide her with decent crowd control during team fights. When playing Chromie, it is of utmost importance to anticipate your target's movement path, since both Sand Blast and Dragon's Breath come with a short delay. Ultimately, Chromie is a Hero that requires good game sense and quick reflexes in order to shine, however, if played well, she is one of the most dangerous long range Assassins in the game.
2. Chromie's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Chromie's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sand Blast BuildTalent calculator »
The Sand Blast Build is a well-rounded way to build Chromie. It combines strong single target damage with talents like Once Again the First Time at Level 1 and Shifting Sands at Level 14 and adds a little bit of much needed mobility with Gnome Speed Ahead! at Level 11. At Level 18, Blessing of the Bronze marks a significant late game power spike for both herself and her allies, as long as Chromie is alive.
4. Chromie's Synergies and Counters
One of Chromie's favorite Supports has to be Malfurion. His Innervate Trait provides her with precious Mana regeneration and cooldown reduction, while his Regrowth allows Chromie to stay in battle for a long period of time. Another Healer that works wonders with Chromie is Ana, whose Nano Boost greatly empowers Chromie's damage for a short period of time.
5. Chromie's Maps
Chromie performs decent on most maps with the exception of Battlefield of Eternity. On this battleground, Chromie's lack of sustained single-target damage can cause your team to have a substantial disadvantage during Immortal battles. On Towers of Doom, on the other hand, her outstanding poke, which allows her to dominate Altars from afar, makes Chromie a force to be reckoned with.
6. Chromie's Tips and Tricks
- Time Trap can sometimes be manually activated to prevent damage on allied Heroes as well.
- Slowing Sands is most efficient on narrow choke points, especially near Map Objectives.
- Do not be afraid to miss Sand Blast. It is better to cast this ability too often rather than to wait too long.
7. Chromie's Role in the Current Meta
Chromie requires decent positioning to make up for her lack of innate mobility. Ideally, she is put in a team with a strong frontline consisting of either one Warrior and one melee Assassin or, ideally, two Warriors. This will guarantee her enough protection to unleash her damaging abilities, notably Sand Blast and Dragon's Breath from a safe distance.
During team fights, good Chromie players always keep an eye on their target's movement path and aim their abilities accordingly. Both of her Heroic Abilities, Slowing Sands and Temporal Loop provide crucial crowd control effects to assist her in that regard. Chromie should keep a healthy distance between herself and the enemy team at all times, since her low health pool and limited mobility make her a priority target for enemy hard engage.
- 29 Mar. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Chromie's abilities in accordance with the latest rework.
- 29 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Chromie's talents and talent builds in accordance with the latest rework. All hail the Blessing of the Bronze!
- 01 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Updated Chromie's talents and builds.
- 13 Aug. 2018 (this page): Updated Chromie's abilities, talents, and recommended builds in accordance with her rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 13 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Chromie's abilities in accordance with her rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 12 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Updated Chromie's talents in accordance with her rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 21 Sep. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Sandblast's description in accordance with the latest balance update.
- 17 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Here and There was mistakenly marked (recommended, instead of not recommended).
- 16 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Chromie's talents in accordance with the Kel'Thuzad update.
- 15 Sep. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Chromie's abilities in accordance with the Kel'thuzad update.
- 17 Dec. 2016 (this page): Updated guide for Ragnaros patch and moved it to the new format.
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: May 24th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: May 21st
- Heroic Deals: May 21st
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 21st
- Heroic Deals: May 14th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: May 17th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: May 14th
- US Senator Seeks to Ban Loot Boxes & Pay-to-Win Microtransactions
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- Heroes of the Storm Nova
- Potential Team Comp
- Heroes of the Storm Fenix
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters