FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaybird9876

Is Moroes good for board control?

I could see him working in decks that try to boost a lot of small minions, like token Shaman or Token druid. If you opponent doesnt have an AOE to take him out or leaves him unchecked, he's pretty annoying. 

On the down side, he costs 3 mana, so at the end of the turn you have two 1/1 minions for 3 mana, not the best return for that cost. He only has 1 health to start, so any AOE can take him out, even Blade Flurry or Maelstrom Portal.  But he could be handy for baiting out an AOE spell before you push for more minions.

• Like 1

He is good for sure , but you need to play it wisely and to protect it with a backplay , you should fear:

Fan of Knives 

Devolve 

Spreading Madness

Maelstrom Portal

Explosive Trap

Grievous Bite

Swipe

anyway you should not play it if you guess the enemy got some cards like those in hand ... or it's an easy remove... ^^' Arcane Missiles it's good too ^^'

I wonder how it works on paladin , played after Steward of Darkshire and Redemption

Edited by OroNerVoSo

As it was already said before, he offers too little value, and gets removed by almost any AoE. Additionally, he causes a loss of tempo, which is an issue against faster decks that yourself. Overall, the card is not worth inclusion anywhere with the exception of some kind of slow quest rogue, which are not exactly common.

4 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

He is good for sure , but you need to play it wisely and to protect it with a backplay , you should fear:

Fan of Knives 

Devolve 

Spreading Madness

Maelstrom Portal

Explosive Trap

Grievous Bite

Swipe

anyway you should not play it if you guess the enemy got some cards like those in hand ... or it's an easy remove... ^^' Arcane Missiles it's good too ^^'

I wonder how it works on paladin , played after Steward of Darkshire and Redemption

I was thinking the same with Steward of Darkshire

47 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

does she get divine shield after redemption on herself?

No, she has to be on board when you summon the minion, it would be like targeting a battlecry on minion itself (like Abusive Sergeant buffing himself)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jaybird9876 said:

lol that would be interesting

Its possible in ES:Legends, so I've experienced it a bit. It makes the battlecry effect too powerful sometimes. 

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Its possible in ES:Legends, so I've experienced it a bit. It makes the battlecry effect too powerful sometimes. 

It definitely can be a bit powerful.

It is kinda slow, you get 2x 1/1 in first turn, and a 1/1 the following turn.

For 3 mana, you can get a 3/4 with a battlecry that gives a swing, instantly. 

Moroes is worse than Primalfin Totem because 0\3 is usually harder to kill than 1\1 stealth and it costs one mana less. 

The only reason why I don't turn him in 400 dust is a faint hope of a strong stealth synergy but even then other 3 mana stealthed minions are better.

• Like 1

Considering paladin decks can out value control decks by pushing the button every turn, I would say that Moroes offers exceptional value.  The problem is, he falls prey to a lot of common AoE's, which almost every controlish style deck runs and against the decks that don't run these he just ends up being too slow,  Paying 3 mana for what is essentially a single 1/1 (unless you want to trade Moroes off) is basically just saying you got ran over.  If there is ever a meta where control is the dominant archtype and they don't run a ton of small AoE's, then yes, he is amazing, otherwise, he is just too easy to remove/too slow.