Jump to content
FORUMS
L0rinda

Gnomish Vampire Card Reveal: Knights of the Frozen Throne

Recommended Posts

2JYSqSm.png

Gnomish Vampire has been revealed. It is an Epic Warlock minion with an effect that has not been seen before in Hearthstone.

Hearthstone's design team have continued their experimentation with effects that they have previously steered clear of with Gnomish Vampire

DragNDrop.png

Source: Zhihu via Hearthpwn

Although not necessarily an impactful card in most situations, Gnomish Vampire will be exceptional on the occasions where it removes Alexstrasza, the second Jade Idol, or any other piece of a combo orientated deck. This should make it a good tech card in certain metagames. It will probably be an overrated card because of this, as removing a random card from most decks would only be the same as removing the bottom card, which is only relevant if a game goes to fatigue.

Of course, if cards are created that allow players to manipulate their deck order, then this would rapidly become a very powerful card.

Edit: Lead Game Producer Yong Woo has issued a tweet explaining that the card's name is actually Gnomeferatu.

Placeholder for tweet 892207438685888512

For a full list of previously revealed cards, as well as all of the information about the new expansion, check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion hub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. The first opponent discard card in the game. Of course, it's really random, but when it hits, it'll hit hard. I still don't think it'll see must play outside of highlander type decks, if at all. At least, the artwork should appeal to the weirdest of us all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

Interesting. The first opponent discard card in the game. Of course, it's really random, but when it hits, it'll hit hard. I still don't think it'll see must play outside of highlander type decks, if at all. At least, the artwork should appeal to the weirdest of us all.

Isn't that what's important? Who cares about if a card can be played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

This looks amazing, tbh.

It'll 100% be the topic of highlight videos and stuff, where it discards the perfect AoE wipe or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I strongly dislike the card, especially its design. It's not necessarily powerful, but the design is awful imo.

1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

The first opponent discard card in the game.

Pre-nerf Illidan Stormrage though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MvonTzeskagrad said:

I don't wanna face this card. I see myself losing all my key control cards like Jaraxx or Elise because someone played this thing.

I hope it's just not good enough.

I don't see it being played much unless there's cards that synergise with it to come. Zoo/Discolock don't care about burning opponent cards; game is over before opponent runs out of cards.

Sure it can burn a key AoE or combo piece, but it can equally burn a dead card and bring the AoE forward.

In wild Renolock maybe.

Edited by Bozonik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bozonik said:

I don't see it being played much unless there's cards that synergise with it to come. Zoo/Discolock don't care about burning opponent cards; game is over before opponent runs out of cards.

Sure it can burn a key AoE or combo piece, but it can equally burn a dead card and bring the AoE forward.

Definitly! Effects like that sound good at first, but tend to have no effect on the game at all.

Its the same as with Fel Reaver, which has no real downside, as long as you don't run in fatigue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the card but I see it as a fatigue tech card more than anything else. When you know what the last card is in their deck you can play this but it still seems weak compared to anything else you could include. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Taan said:

Definitly! Effects like that sound good at first, but tend to have no effect on the game at all.

Its the same as with Fel Reaver, which has no real downside, as long as you don't run in fatigue.

Fel Reaver was strong in aggro decks because they have no win condition cards. They just slam stuff on board and go face. As for control decks, making the opponent discard C'ThunN'Zoth, the CorruptorArchmage Antonidas or Reno Jackson often changes the game from lost to won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Fel Reaver was strong in aggro decks because they have no win condition cards. They just slam stuff on board and go face. As for control decks, making the opponent discard C'ThunN'Zoth, the CorruptorArchmage Antonidas or Reno Jackson often changes the game from lost to won. 

Touché! But I just want to point out: as Fel Reaver is only good in aggressive decks, Gnomeferatu is only more than a simple 2/3 against combo-oriented control-decks and even than, only if you actually hit a win-condition with it. Even if the metagame changes to more controlish stuff, there might be better and more reliable options for tech-cards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2017 at 6:40 PM, Bozonik said:

In wild Renolock maybe.

If reno and highlanders were still available in Standard, I'm sure this would have been played, but yeah. Guess it'll have to be left to rot in wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...