FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Twilight's Call Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

34353-raven-familiar-reveal-kobolds-cata

This Priest card eluded our radar yesterday, so we are doing a catch-up article on it.

The reveal was made by Lalala on Douyu.com.

636476724609916115.png

Image by Hearthpwn

This looks like a strong card, but definitely when played at a later stage in the game. It can fit into some of the currently popular Priest archetypes like Big Priest (imagine bringing back Obsidian Statue) and the N'Zoth variation of Highlander Priest. It's also possible to see it in a slightly altered version of Dragon Priest, with cards like Bone Drake and Deathwing, Dragonlord.

Moreover, Twilight's Call can mainly support Quest Priest, which has had an average performance in Standard. In Wild, Deathrattle Priest has been doing exceptionally, and let's not forget that N'Zoth, the Corruptor can bring back the 1/1s with their full stats. Perhaps we could see this card in a more aggro-ish version of Priest (if there ever is one) along with Devilsaur Egg, for instance, or in a sick combo with Mistress of Mixtures and Embrace Darkness. People are definitely going to experiment with this and we'll see if it will become a staple in any of the aforementioned Priest archetypes.

Twilight's Call joins the rest of the revealed cards in our Kobolds & Catacombs hub. As the release date approaches, don't forget to tune in for the final card reveal live stream on Monday!

1 hour ago, Zadina said:

Quest Priest, which has had an average performance in Standard.

If by average you mean T5 deck, then yes, definitely.

I'd call an average deck somewhere between T2-3. And Quest Priest was not one of those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yridaa said:

If by average you mean T5 deck, then yes, definitely.

I'd call an average deck somewhere between T2-3. And Quest Priest was not one of those.

I agree more or less, I just didn't want to be too mean about it in a news article :p

• Haha 1