Dragon Priest Deck List Guide - Madness at the Darkmoon Faire November 2020
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Dragon Priest play for the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire meta.
Dragon Priest is a spell-based midrange deck that makes use of the natural synergy between many Dragon cards and spells. The Dragons in the deck provide a solid board presence to pressure opponents while the spells provide excellent board control, allowing the deck to adapt to both Tempo and Control strategies.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Dragon Priest Mulligan Guide
Dragon Priest regularly relies on big board swings to maintain control of the board. As a result, it is important to look for key cards in your mulligan,
- General Mulligan (keep regardless of what your opponent is playing) — Cleric of Scales, Sethekk Veilweaver, Draconic Studies.
- Mulligan against Aggro (also keep if you think you are playing against an aggressive deck) — Renew.
- Mulligan against Control (also keep if you think you are playing against a slow deck) — Cabal Acolyte, Cobalt Spellkin.
Dragon Priest Strategy
During the early game you should play out your card draw and generation cards like Draconic Studies, Wandmaker, and Cleric of Scales. You may additionally, play Sethekk Veilweaver if you are certain your opponent has no way to deal with it.
Once you have a light board presence, you can begin fighting for board control, making use of Apotheosis to buff your minions for trades in addition to removal like Shadow Word: Death as well as any other removal your other cards generate.
For larger threats, the deck has access to the powerful combo of Cabal Acolyte paired with Wave of Apathy. To use this, you should ideally isolate the target minion before using the combo. This ability to steal an enemy minion in the mid game will often cause board swings that can win on the spot.
The constant board presence and removal the deck is able to output allows you to fight for the board for the full duration of the game. This will allow you to slowly chip away at your opponent's Health while out-valuing them to close out games.
Against Aggro, you should be much more liberal with your card usage to ensure you do not take too much damage, as you can comfortably out-value Aggro decks over time. Apotheosis will also be your most important card as the healing it offers will turn games into your favor. If you are able to stick a mid-game minion onto the board like Cobalt Spellkin or Cabal Acolyte, you can freely use Apotheosis on them. However, in most games you should try to save it to be paired with Wild Pyromancer. When these two cards are used together, you will be able to clean up your opponents board while also healing your Hero for every point of damage dealt and usually winning the game in the process.
Against Control, the most impotant thing to consider is your Cabal Acolyte usage as the swings it causes are often game-defining. For example, stealing Rattlegore against a Control Warrior allows you to use their win condition against them, as can stealing Astromancer Solarian against Mage. With this in mind, it is important to be aware of the most problematic minion in your opponent's deck and be ready to steal it for yourself.
Dragon Priest Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Holy Smite for 1x Shadow Word: Death.
- Against Control — Add 1x Galakrond, the Apocalypse for 1x Nazmani Bloodweaver.
- 17 Nov. 2020: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!