FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Disguised Toast's Card Reveal: Dollmaster Dorian

36706-holy-water-reveal-the-witchwood.jp

One of the most popular members of the Hearthstone community has revealed one of the most exciting cards from the entire set.

Popular streamer Disguised Toast has revealed a new Neutral Legendary minion on his Youtube channel:

d895bcd62626ef57d502e85bc6739bc5.jpg

Screencap taken from the video

I know I've been saying this about several Legendaries in this expansion, but I'm incredibly eager to get my hands. I highly encourage you to check out Disguised Toast's video where he showcases it in action so you can see why this card is so exciting. The design on it is absolutely phenomenal for a wide variety of reasons:

• It has a clearly a powerful effect, but that effect is balanced out a bit by the fact that it provides valuable information to your opponent.
  • Summoning 1/1 copies of a card is typically associated with combos or powerful Deathrattles and Battlecries, but since the copies are summoned on draw it forces some very unique deck building restrictions decisions. This positions Dollmaster Dorian as more of a value card than a "pure" combo card.
  • He is especially potent with minion-based card draw effects (such as Sense Demons into Voidlord, as noted by Toast in the video), and drawing cards is just about the most fun thing you can do in Hearthstone.

I view this card as much more of a late game, psuedo-miracle card than something you plop down on turn 5 and hope for the best. The obvious thing to do would be to hold on to this bad boy until turn 9 where you combo it into an Elven Minstrel, but I have little doubt that there will be much more creative ways to take advantage of this card's powerful effect than that. What kinds of synergies will you try to build with this card? A "Big EZ" deck with The Lich King and Ysera? A Deathrattle focused deck? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Witchwood Hub for more information on the upcoming expansion.

• Thanks 1

This makes the new Shaman-Epic "Bogshaper" even more exciting.

Oh and I totally agree with Aleco, great design! Also: great artwork and cool flavour ;)

Just when you thought Barnes was awful!

At least this can "fizzle" by drawing spells, comes out a turn later, and only summons stuff at the start of your next turn, assuming no draw... but it's got this weird, late-game thing where you can play it and draw cards on the same turn. Oof. I don't know about this; whether it's good or bad, it's super tied to RNG, and I can't like this.

Must be a good use of this.

Should be a fun one to play around with. Though after spending some time pondering Turn 8 Dorian-howling commander shenanigans I’m now just going to be stuck with nightmares of aggro paladins just going Turn 8 Dorian-Divine Favor.

If this can't put Y'shaarj into play for 4 mana it's not Barnes - it's not even close to Barnes. 

You can't save up specific minions to combo with this, you have to draw them. 

If you build your deck around getting crazy hits off this minion, you have to first draw him and then have ways to draw cards and then get the specific minions you want. 

This card is capable of doing crazy things for sure, but it's not as inherently problematic as Barnes. 

• Like 2

I don't get the comparison to Barnes, asside from both summoning 1/1s.  With very few exceptions you just plop Barnes on turn 4 and something magical happens.  This requires a lot of set up.  I also don't buy the sense demon synergy.  That seems like fantasy land to me.  8 Mana and you have to draw both sense demon and dollmaster before your void Lords.  You also probably don't want 2 sense demons either.  I could see it with some sort of dead man's hand combo, or miracle rogue using it and gang up after you go through your entire deck.  But those just seem memey and not a real strategy.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this