FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Alliestraza's Card Reveal: Myra Rotspring

P6X54JJ.jpg

Alliestraza just revealed the Legendary Rogue minion for The Boomsday Project.

Alliestraza just revealed Rogue's Legendary minion for The Boomsday Project: 

103042d78ee3e1e9cf8c6fb433baf936.jpg

Allie went all-out in making her reveal video, which I recommend checking out right here.

As for the card, Myra Rotspring screams "value" if you can get a bit lucky with her Discover trigger. 5 Mana does not come cheap for Rogues, and the 4/2 body on Myra isn't super impressive, but her low Health means it will be easy to trade her into your opponent's board to trigger her Deathrattle immediately. There will be plenty of total whiffs in the Deathrattle pool for Myra (Hoarding Dragon, Silver Vanguard), but you don't need to hit Cairne Bloodhoof or Sherazin, Corpse Flower to make her strong. Something as simple as a Loot Hoarder or Kobold Illusionist could generate a ton of value for you, and it isn't the end of the world if you have to settle for a Plated Beetle.

Unfortunately for Myra, I think that 5 Mana is too much to ask from a Rogue, a class known for its aggro/tempo decks. As exciting as the effect on Myra is, I don't expect her to see play in Standard unless Rogue gets some more Deathrattle support from The Boomsday Project.

What do you think about Myra? Let us know in the comment section, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming expansion.

The most desiderable outcome in discover for DR in rogue for now are Cursed Castaway Cairne Bloodhoof Rotten Applebaum Deranged Doctor Sherazin, Corpse Flower Plated Beetle Devilsaur Egg from best to worst considering also the card it gives in the hand and not only the deathrattle itself

Cursed Castaway is the best for many reasons it cost 6 so it can be played the turn after this and unlike any of the other cards has immediate impact on top of tutoring combo cards 2 turns in a row giving a lot of steam to your hand

Edited by Hanz39

I think this card is far too weak stats wise to see play in tempo rogue.  I could see it in miracle though.  There are a lot of strong death rattles it can get and 5 mana 4/2 "draw" a card isn't terrible.  Add in another effect and it is quite desirable.  Slightly reminiscent of azure drake, which was a miracle staple for years.  However, even though a random deathrattle tends to be pretty close to drawing a card, miracle rogues really like the cycle because there decks tend to be built with a lot of internal synergy, which makes it slightly less desirable.  Also since you have a much higher chance of discovering class cards, the rogue death rattles are of far more interest, those being kobold illusionist, sherazin, bone baron, and cursed castaway and blightnozzle crawler.  Most of those aren't terrible, castaway and sherazin are in particular good, even illusionist isn't bad value.  The crawler is a little less good and the bone baron is pretty meeeh, but still that isn't bad.  This card obviously has a home in "value rogue", and I doubt that it will be a deck.  Rogue has a ton of ways to generate value, just not many to combat aggro, and value decks just tend to lose against shudderwock, because he doesn't care if you have all the value in the world, his claws will still catch you.