Druid Class Overview
Druids are the keepers of the world. Locked in slumber for generations, they awoke to meet the threat of the Burning Legion during its recent invasion. After Archimonde's defeat, the Druids chose to remain in the waking world and help to rebuild their shattered lands. The Legion's attack left a terrible scar on the natural order, and the Druids seek to heal it.
Races for Druids
Given their kinship with nature, only certain races can be Druids and harness the powers of the wild.
There are 3 specializations for Druids in Classic, unlike the 4 available on live. The Guardian specialization, which Druids can use to tank in Battle for Azeroth, does not exist and is instead part of Feral.
- Balance — This is the ranged DPS specialization for Druids, but can also act as a versatile off-healer in most situations. Despite not performing well in PvE, this is a fairly strong choice in PvP.
- Feral — In Classic, Feral acts as the tanking spec for Druids, as well as the melee DPS option. There are talents that impact both damage and survivability, so depending on your choices, you will be able to fill both roles.
- Restoration — This is the healing specialization for Druids and is incredibly strong in PvP, as well as holding multiple spots in many raid groups.
Resources as a Druid
The primary resource used by Druids depends on the form they are currently in.
- Bear Form — Rage
- Cat Form — Energy
- Moonkin Form — Mana
- Druid Form — Mana
Gearing a Druid
Druids can wear either Cloth or Leather armour in Classic and, depending on your desired specialization and role, you will prioritise a different main stat.
- Balance and Restoration — Intellect
- Feral — Agility and Strength
In Classic, Druids can use Daggers, Fist Weapons, Maces (both 1- and 2-handed), and Staves.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Druid trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Druid Trainers
- Denatharion — Darnassus
- Fylerian Nightwing — Darnassus
- Golhine the Hooded — Felwood
- Kal — Teldrassil
- Loganaar — Moonglade
- Maldryn — Stormwind City
- Mardant Strongoak — Teldrassil
- Mathrengyl Bearwalker — Darnassus
- Sheldras Moontree — Stormwind City
- Theridran — Stormwind City
Horde Druid Trainers
- Gart Mistrunner — Mulgore
- Gennia Runetotem — Mulgore
- Jannos Lighthoof — Feralas
- Loganaar — Moonglade
- Kym Wildmane — Thunder Bluff
- Sheal Runetotem — Thunder Bluff
- Turak Runetotem — Thunder Bluff
Druid Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Druid in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Balance Druid Ranged DPS Guide for PvE
- Feral Druid Melee DPS Guide for PvE
- Feral Druid Tank Guide for PvE
- Restoration Druid Healing Guide for PvE
- Druid PvP Guide
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Druids
- Making Gold as a Druid
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap