TBC Classic Restoration Druid Phase 3 / 4 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Druid from TBC Classic Phases 3 and 4.
Restoration Druid Phase 3/4 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Restoration, as described in our guide below. During Black Temple, you may also have need of additional gear devoted to maximizing your Shadow Resistance stat. Should this be the case, we recommend consulting our guide dedicated to acquiring pieces with this stat as necessary.
Other Restoration Druid Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Restoration Druid, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
To check out our recommended Pre-Raid best in slot gear, head over to its list below. If your character is still progressing through the content of older tiers, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead, but keep in mind these older lists do not include Zul'Aman and new badge gear, both of which are often equivalent or even more powerful than Tier 5 gear!
TBC Tier 6 Restoration Druid Tier Set
Restoration Druid Tier 6, the Thunderheart Raiment, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Archimonde in Hyjal Summit
- Chest — Illidan Stormrage in Black Temple
- Legs — The Illidari Council in Black Temple
- Shoulders — Mother Shahraz in Black Temple
- Gloves — Azgalor in Hyjal Summit
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — lowers the cooldown of Swiftmend by 2 seconds. While this can theoretically be nice, in practice you want to be casting other spells and only using it for emergencies, which means it will sit unused most of the time, wasting the set bonus.
- 4 pieces — increases the healing of Healing Touch by 5%. While its throughput can be really high if you talent for it, Druids are masters of heals over time and that is where their raid value lies, and long cast time heals are best left to other healers, making this a weak bonus.
Phase 3/4 Best in Slot Table
With the introduction of Spell Haste, you can speed up your rotation and allow more global cooldowns (GCDs) in between Lifebloom refreshes. Having at least 113 Spell Haste enables a 5 GCD rotation and is a big healing boost, but you still get decent extra benefits up to 242 Spell Haste which allows more favorable final tick bloom resets.
After this point, the benefit is reduced drastically and it is no longer worth stacking Spell Haste, especially with current gear options. We will list multiple good Spell Haste options below which you can mix and match to hit your desired Spell Haste values.
At this point you can also safely drop Tailoring and Leatherworking (assuming you are not your group's drummer) in order to get Enchanting and Jewelcrafting or Engineering, which have better benefits.
|Idols||Idol of the Emerald Queen||Ambassador Hellmaw — Shadow Labyrinth|
Other Useful TBC Phase 4 Gear for Restoration Druids
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some of which are very close to the best and some of which are just much easier to get!
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Druid weapons below.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Restoration Druid Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 05 May 2022: Guide moved.
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Wrath Classic 3.4.2 PTR Schedule
- Official Support for Hardcore Classic Realms Coming Soon?
- New Sons of Hodir Tabard to Be Added to Wrath Classic