Season of Discovery Holy Priest Healer Guide
Welcome to our Holy Priest Healer guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Priest class as a Holy Priest Healer. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Master of both the Void and the Light, Holy Priest offers you a ton of different ways to play one of World of Warcrafts most iconic healers. Holy Priest excels in not only group healing but is one of the best single target healers as well. Priest is widely regarded as the most universal healer as its massive toolkit allows you to react to almost any healing related situation as long as you've got a comfortable knowledge of your abilities and how they function. Holy Priest also provides the massively important Power Word: Fortitude and Prayer of Shadow Protection buffs.
While certainly benefiting from being in a party finding groups as a healing Priest is likely never to be an issue as their massive healing output, powerful buffs and countless emergency buttons will make you extremely valuable not only for Dungeons and Raids but also any PvP Content be that Battlegrounds or open world combat.
- Powerful combination of both single target and group healing
- Scales incredibly well with gear
- Powerful buffs
- Extremely Mana dependent
- Limited soloing capabilities
- Vulnerable to crowd control/slowing effects
Season of Discovery
Priest has received some major changes in the Season of Discovery version of Classic World of Warcraft, and with those changes come many new ways to play one of the games' original classes. We have included guides to keep you current on not only Season of Discovery changes, but general game play tips and lists so you are best prepared to tackle the new adventures that await you in the Season of Discovery on your Holy Priest.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Holy Priest has changed drastically with the coming of Season of Discovery. Use the guides located in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
Make sure to check out our Rune Engravings guide to best understand what each rune does for your Priest. Likewise, if you're unsure where to locate these runes, we've listed the location for every Season of Dicovery Rune in the guide below to help you find the best available runes for your clas!.
- 15 Dec. 2023: Guide updated.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic