Maraudon Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Maraudon dungeon: Alliance quests, Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, classes you need to get before entering the dungeons, and classes you get inside the dungeons. The idea is to help you do all the quests in a single run of the dungeon.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Maraudon dungeon hub.
Maraudon has a lot of interesting quests that are done outside of the dungeon. We will be explaining what to do in those, as well as what to do in the quests done inside. While the amount of quests is not overly high, there are a few notable gear rewards involved, such as Thrash Blade and Mark of the Chosen.
- General Maraudon Quests
- A/ H  The Pariah's Instructions
- A/ H  Legends of Maraudon
- Orange Wing Quests
- A/ H  Vyletongue Corruption
- Purple Wing Quests
- A/ H  Shadowshard Fragments
- A/ H  Twisted Evils
- Inner Wing Quests
- A/ H  Corruption of Earth and Seed
- A/ H  Seed of Life
General Maraudon Quests
There are only two quests that encompass the whole of Maraudon, but both are very important, as Mark of the Chosen and Scepter of Celebras are the rewards, respectively.
- The Pariah's Instructions is obtained from Centaur Pariah, who
you can find in Desolace (50,86). This quest is worth doing due to its unique
reward: Mark of the Chosen. This item is on Warrior's
best in slot list, and is one of
the first combat trinkets you can get in the game. In order to complete this quest,
start by killing The Nameless Prophet between Maraudon's external door and
the 3-way fork for Amulet of Spirits. Then, use the amulet to make each Khan
hostile, and kill them for their gems:
- Kolk is inside the fork's middle path.
- Gelk is within the fork's left (purple) path, outside the instance portal.
- Magra can be found in the fork's right (orange) path, outside the instance portal.
- Maraudos patrols inside the purple fork's instance portal, in the path you need to take to get to Lord Vyletongue.
- Veng lurks within the orange fork's instance portal, along the path you need to take to get to Noxxion.
- Legends of Maraudon starts with Cavindra, who you can find soon after entering the orange path. In order to complete it, you are required to kill Noxxion in the orange instance for Celebrian Rod and Lord Vyletongue in the purple instance for Celebrian Diamond. If you continue your path through the dungeon after killing these bosses, you will eventually reach Celebras the Cursed, who you can kill in order to spawn his ghostly version. You can turn in the quest, in order to get Scepter of Celebras, which allows you to directly teleport to this area from the fork's middle path later.
Quests in Orange Maraudon
Vyletongue Corruption is obtained from [H] Vark Battlescar / [A] Talendria, who are located in each faction's flight path town in Desolace ([H] 24, 69 and [A] 65, 09). To complete it, you need to fill the quest vial first at the orange colored pool, which is near the start of the orange path. Then, inside the orange instanced area, use the filled vial near some of the most distinctive plants found on the ground to spawn Noxxious Scion, which will grant quest completion.
Quests in Purple Maraudon
Make sure to pick up Shadowshard Fragments before heading to Desolace!
- Shadowshard Fragments is started by Uthel'nay for Horde players, who can be found in Orgrimmar, inside a hut near 38,86. It is started by Archmage Tervosh for Alliance players, who can be found in Dustwallow Marsh, around 65, 50. You can get the quest items needed to complete this quest from the Rock Elementals just outside the purple instance.
- Twisted Evils is given by Willow, who is in Desolace, around 61, 40. The items you need to loot to complete it drop from the demons inside the purple instance.
Quests in Inner Maraudon
Inner Maraudon only has one quest that you should pick before entering the dungeon: Corruption of Earth and Seed, which you can easily pick up just outside the Horde / Alliance flight path hubs in Desolace (around 26,76 and around 63, 09, respectively), as soon as you hit Level 45.
This quest only requires that you kill Inner Maraudon's main boss, Princess Theradras, and has great weapon rewards for all classes, including the infamous Thrash Blade, which is one of the best one-hand weapons, even in the end game.
Also, once you kill Princess Theradras, you will be able to pick up Seed of Life from Zaetar's Spirit, which appears in the center of the grove Princess was in. Simply turn this quest in at Keeper Remulos in Moonglade for a small experience boost.
Quest Rewards from Maraudon
General Maraudon Quest Rewards
|Mark of the Chosen||The Pariah's Instructions||Trinket|
|Scepter of Celebras||Legends of Maraudon||Special Item|
Orange Maraudon Quest Rewards
|Woodseed Hoop||Vyletongue Corruption||Ring|
|Sagebrush Girdle||Vyletongue Corruption||Belt|
|Branchclaw Gauntlets||Vyletongue Corruption||Gloves|
Inner Maraudon Quest Rewards
|Verdant Keeper's Aim||Corruption of Earth and Seed||Bow|
|Resurgence Rod||Corruption of Earth and Seed||Staff|
|Thrash Blade||Corruption of Earth and Seed||1H Sword|
- 25 Oct. 2019: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Naxxramas Attunement Now Available in WoW Classic
- 500 Mobs in Two Pulls in Maraudon
- World First Molten Core Cleared by 40 Mages
- C'Thun Is Back to Destroying Everyone Anywhere in Ahn'Qiraj
- 1K HP Level 1 Fully World Buffed Warrior PvPs Vs. Multiple level 10+ At Once
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Full Druid Raid Clears 10/10 Zul'Gurub