Season of Discovery Restoration Druid Healer Guide
Welcome to our Restoration Druid Healer guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Druid class as a Restoration Healer. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Their healing was mostly an afterthought, and usually came down to spamming Rank 4 Healing Touch, but they had a much more active playstyle in PvP, where they could carry flags in Warsong Gulch, defend bases in Alterac Valley and Arathi Basin, making them an excellent addition to any battleground.
- High Mana issues if you try to use all of your healing kit at maximum ranks
- Healing over time can easily go to waste if other healers top people off before it can fully act
- Emergency healing is very poor and tied to Nature's Swiftness which has a 3-minute cooldown
Season of Discovery
Restoration Druids in Season of Discovery are finally a viable healer over time due to the removal of the buff cap for friendly players and the multiple new runes which focus on such effects, such as Lifebloom and Wild Growth.
Caster Druids will also benefit from being able to DPS while regenerating Mana with the new Fury of Stormrage rune, which makes Wrath free, and procs occasional instant Healing Touches on top! Or if you want to continue the ages old Rank 4 Healing Touch gameplay, the new Living Seed rune is there to help your crits deliver even more healing.
The cooldown on Wild Growth also favors a Restokin playstyle where you are mostly a Balance Druid using DPS abilities but press Wild Growth for massive healing whenever it is available.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Restoration Druids has changed with the coming of Season of Discovery. Browse the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
The best profession to have as Restoration is Engineering. It provides powerful items that you can use in both PvE and PvP content to either deal damage or help you get out of a tough spot.
Tailoring is also a great choice for Restoration Druids due to special bind on pickup crafts such as Extraplanar Spidersilk Boots and Gneuro-Linked Arcano-Filament Monocle . Alternatively, Leatherworking has the handy Gneuro-Conductive Channeler's Hood and further BoP crafts are expected down the line.
Rune Engravings for Restoration Druid
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Druid's runes and where they can be located in the guide below.
- 12 Feb. 2024: Updated for Phase 2.
- 14 Dec. 2023: Removed mention of Innervate for now, as it is a level 40 spell.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic