Season of Discovery Fire Mage DPS Guide
Welcome to our Fire Mage guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Mage class as a Fire Mage. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Fire Mages have always been a top DPS spec as long as they can avoid Fire immunities, and Mages in general are also full of tricks, such as Polymorph, and Blink, or the new heal Regeneration and out of combat resurrection, Scroll of Reintegration !
- Highest overall single and area damage Mage specialization
- Great scaling with gear stats and critical strike in particular
- Engaging rotation with reacting to Hot Streak procs being a core component
- Fire needs more Hit to cap than Arcane
- Higher threat generation than other Mage specs
- Requires high critical strike for scaling to really kick in
Season of Discovery
Fire Mages in Season of Discovery become masters of area damage with the new Living Flame and Living Bomb runes, and their powerful single target damage only gets better with the addition of the Burnout, Hot Streak, and Spell Power runes! Even in PvP, if you are not focused, you can demolish entire battlegrounds with your area spells from a very safe distance.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Fire Mage has changed drastically with the coming of Season of Discovery. Browse the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
Fire Mages will still want to take Engineering, but with more of an emphasis on Tailoring rather than Mining. Tailoring is especially powerful in Season of Discovery due to special bind on pickup crafts such as Extraplanar Spidersilk Boots and Gneuro-Linked Arcano-Filament Monocle , of which we expect there will be more of in the future!
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Mage's runes and where they can be located in the guide below:
- 15 Feb. 2024: Updated introduction for Phase 2.
- 15 Dec. 2023: Removed mention of portals as they are beyond level 25.
- 09 Dec. 2023: Typo fix with Regeneration icon.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic