Season of Discovery Subtlety Rogue DPS Guide
Welcome to our DPS Subtlety Rogue guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Rogue class as a DPS Subtlety Rogue. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Masters of Stealth and Treachery, Subtlety Rogue has received some fun new tools in the Season of Discovery version of Classic World of Warcraft and with those changes come many new ways to play one of the games original classes. New abilities such as Saber Slash, Between the Eyes and Quick Draw add new and exciting ways to play your rogue and eliminate many of the shortcomings the class faced in the original version of Classic. Rogues are capable of dealing massive single target DPS and have been made only stronger in the Season of Discovery.
Rogues are always in demand for smaller format content as their ability to stun and crowd control is almost unmatched so you should have no issue finding groups for both PvE and PvP content, with the emphasis that is being put on open world content in Season of Discovery rogues become even more valuable with their ability to stealth and infiltrate the back lines.
- Incredible single target damage
- Powerful defensive cool downs that allow you to mitigate damage or even completely leave combat
- Greatest mobility of any melee dps
- Massive amount of crowd control/interrupts available
- Gear dependent
- Susceptible to Roots/Slows
- Extremely dependent on consistent up time on the same target
- No unique buffs
Season of Discovery
Rogue has received some major changes in the Season of Discovery version of Classic World of Warcraft, and with those changes come many new ways to play one of the games' original classes. Below we have included guides to keep you current on not only Season of Discovery changes, but general game play tips and lists so you are best prepared to tackle the new adventures that await you in the Season of Discovery on your Subtlety DPS Rogue.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Subtlety Rogue has changed drastically with the coming of Season of Discovery. Use the guides located in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
Make sure to check out our Rune Engravings guide to best understand what each rune does for your Rogue. Likewise, if you're unsure where to locate these runes, we've listed the location for every Season of Discovery Rune in the guide below to help you find the best available runes for your class!.
- 15 Dec. 2023: Guide updated.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic