The Defilers Reputation Farming Guide
The Defilers are a H Horde faction introduced in Phase 4 alongside the Arathi Basin battleground. You can increase this reputation by playing and completing Arathi Basin objectives and quests, and various gear is made available at each reputation tier.
The Alliance has its own Arathi Basin faction, and you can learn more about The League of Arathor in our guide for them.
Who are the Defilers?
The Defilers are the H Horde faction reputation for the Arathi Basin battleground, and are composed of Forsaken warriors, who currently fight The League of Arathor for control of Arathi Highlands and its resources.
Location of the Defilers
You can find a flight path, the quartermaster, and quest givers for this faction north of Hammerfall, around 73,30 in the Arathi Highlands.
Gaining Reputation with the Defilers
The main way to gain reputation is by playing Arathi Basin and controlling bases, which will give you points towards winning the battleground and reputation whenever you hit certain point thresholds.
If you win, you will also receive 3 Arathi Basin Mark of Honor, which can be turned in for additional reputation. Losing only awards 1 Arathi Basin Mark of Honor.
There are also a few one shot quests which you can complete for a reputation boost, all given by Deathmaster Dwire.
- The Battle for Arathi Basin! requires you to cap every point in the map except for the Farm. Being close to a point being capped counts towards completion.
- Take Four Bases requires you to control 4 bases at the same time and is given at Friendly reputation.
- Take Five Bases requires you to control all 5 bases at the same time and is given at Exalted reputation. While the awarded reputation is of little importance at this point, you will also get Battle Tabard of the Defilers for your display of dominance!
Also of note is For Great Honor, which requires you to turn in 3 Marks of Honor of each battleground, but gives a larger reputation boost for all battleground factions than separately turning in the marks for each individual battleground. This makes it much more efficient, overall, if you need to level up all of the reputations.
Quartermaster and Rewards
Rutherford Twing is the Defilers quartermaster and sells various consumables and powerful gear, which is easily comparable to Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair equipment at Exalted. This makes Arathi Basin a very popular destination, as all you need to get your hands into this gear is a little bit of time, with zero RNG involved.
The Defilers Gear Rewards
|Item||Required Reputation||Item Type|
|Defiler's Cloth Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Leather Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Lizardhide Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Chain Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Mail Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Plate Girdle||Honored||Belt|
|Defiler's Cloth Boots||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Leather Boots||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Lizardhide Boots||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Chain Greaves||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Mail Greaves||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Plate Greaves||Revered||Boots|
|Defiler's Leather Shoulders||Exalted||Shoulders|
|Defiler's Lizardhide Shoulders||Exalted||Shoulders|
|Defiler's Chain Pauldrons||Exalted||Shoulders|
|Defiler's Mail Pauldrons||Exalted||Shoulders|
|Defiler's Plate Spaulders||Exalted||Shoulders|
|Item||Required Reputation||Item Type|
|Superior Healing Draught||Friendly||Healing Potion|
|Superior Mana Draught||Friendly||Mana Potion|
|Defiler's Silk Bandage||Friendly||Bandage (125 First Aid)|
|Defiler's Mageweave Bandage||Friendly||Bandage (175 First Aid)|
|Defiler's Runecloth Bandage||Friendly||Bandage (225 First Aid)|
|Defiler's Field Ration||Friendly||Food / Drink|
|Defiler's Iron Ration||Friendly||Food / Drink|
|Defiler's Enriched Ration||Friendly||Food / Drink|
- 07 Mar. 2020: Guide added.
Classic Class Guides
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
Classic Reputation Guides
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look