Upper Blackrock Spire Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Upper Blackrock Spire dungeon: Alliance quests, Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, etc.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Upper Blackrock Spire dungeon guide.
There are only a couple of quests available for the dungeon itself, the most important of which are the quests to get the valuable end-game PvE trinkets. Additionally, several important attunements such as those for Onyxia's Lair and Molten Core involve completing UBRS at various points.
- [A] General Drakkisath's Demise / [H] For The Horde!;
- [A] Doomrigger's Clasp;
- [H] The Darkstone Tablet;
- Finkle Einhorn, At Your Service!;
- Various attunements.
General Drakkisath's Demise and For The Horde!
Both the Alliance and Horde have a similar quest chain that is available at level 55 to obtain one of the strongest trinkets currently available in WoW Classic. You will be able to choose from Mark of Tyranny, Eye of the Beast, or Blackhand's Breadth. These are some of the best PvE trinkets available in the game, making them a must have for anyone starting out at level 60.
- Once you are level 55, the first time you kill Overlord Wyrmthalak in LBRS you will get General Drakkisath's Command as a drop. This letter gives you a quest to bring it to Marshal Maxwell in the Burning Steppes.
- Marshal Maxwell will give you the quest General Drakkisath's Demise to kill General Drakkisath in UBRS. Once you kill the General, return to Marshal Maxwell.
- At level 55 you can pick up the quest Warlord's Command from Warlord Goretooth in Kargath.
- Warlord Goretooth wants you to clear LBRS, killing Highlord Omokk, War Master Voone, and Overlord Wyrmthalak. Additionally, you will need to find Important Blackrock Documents within LBRS. These can be found in the same room as Highlord Omokk, War Master Voone, the tribute pile used to summon Urok Doomhowl, or Overlord Wyrmthalak.
- Once you have cleared LBRS and have the document, return to Warlord Goretooth in Kargath. He will give you a new quest, sending you to Orgrimmar.
- You will talk to Eitrigg and then Thrall in Orgrimmar. Thrall will then task you with killing Warchief Rend Blackhand in UBRS to get his head. Once you have his head, return to Thrall.
This is an Alliance only quest that involves traveling around to talk with several people in addition to retrieving an item from UBRS. This quest chain can be completed at level 57.
- Pick up Mayara Brightwing from Count Remington Ridgewell in Stormwind. You can find him in Stormwind Keep.
- Travel to Morgan's Vigil in the Burning Steppes. Talk to Mayara there.
- Go to UBRS. You will need to find the Doomrigger's Clasp, which can be found in the room where the Father Flame event to summon Solakar Flamewreath is.
- Return to Mayara Brightwing, who then makes you return to Count Remington Ridgewell.
The Darkstone Tablet
This is a Horde only quest that involves traveling around to talk with several people in addition to retrieving an item from UBRS. This quest chain can be completed at level 57.
- Pick up Vivian Lagrave from Apothecary Zinge in Undercity. You can find him in the Apothecarium.
- Travel to Kargath in the Badlands to find Shadowmage Vivian Lagrave.
- Go to UBRS. You will need to find the Darkstone Tablet, which can be found in the Rookery, or the room with all of the whelp eggs in it.
- Return to Shadowmage Vivian Lagrave in Kargath.
Finkle Einhorn, At Your Service!
This is a very short quest that you get from the item Glowing Hunk of the Beast's Flesh, which drops from The Beast in UBRS. Once you have the item, you just need to bring it to Finkle Einhorn in Everlook in Winterspring.
Both the Onyxia's Lair attunement and the Molten Core attunement have portions that require you to do various things in UBRS. These are required quest chains if you want to start raiding. These quest chains also do not require level 60 to begin, so you might want to consider looking into starting these at 55+ if you happen to have a guild or group willing to help you out with some of the dungeon parts at any point.
- 30 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- Guides for Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes: January 13th
- BCC Phase 3 Season 3 PvP Adjustments
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Release Schedule
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 12th
- A Dramatic UBRS Hardcore Death and Escape
- Reminder: Burning Crusade Classic Season 2 Ending Soon
- When Your Cat Kills Your Hardcore Character
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?