Timbermaw Hold Reputation Farming Guide
Timbermaw Hold is a faction of Furbolgs who have managed to survive the corruption of Felwood by residing in a series of caves connecting three zones: Felwood, Winterspring, and Moonglade. The caves share their name with the faction, which are also known as Timbermaw Hold.
In this guide, we will focus on how to earn reputation with this faction in order to obtain the rewards that they offer.
The Timbermaw Hold faction in WoW Classic is a tribe of Furbolgs living at the intersection of three zones: Felwood, Winterspring and Moonglade.
The main reason you should gain reputation with these Furbolgs is to gain access to the unique crafting recipes they have for various professions, as well as a great shortcut for passing between the three zones their caves link.
There are four main methods to earn reputation with Timbermaw:
- Complete the introduction quests to prove yourself to the tribe.
- Kill Deadwood Furbolgs in Felwood (until Revered).
- Kill Winterfall Furbolgs in Winterspring (until Revered).
- Collect materials to complete the repeatable quests (until Exalted).
Timbermaw Hold reputation is a bit harder at the start, because you will start at Hostile standing with them, which means they will attack you on sight and you will not be able to pass through the caves that connect the three zones without having to kill a lot of them. This will negatively affect your reputation gains, as killing members of the tribe will lower your standing with them.
In order to prevent this, you will need to prove yourself to the tribe. Thankfully, there is an easy and early way to do that.
Introduction & Repeatable Quests
Unlike the hostile tribe members, Grazle can be spoken to at Felwood's south entrance (coordinates 50,84) and offers introductory quests at Level 48.
- Timbermaw Ally awards 30 reputation.
- Feathers for Grazle awards 50 reputation and is repeatable with every 5 Deadwood Headdress Feather turn-in.
- Speak to Nafien, which sends us to Nafien in the northern part of Felwood for the next step of our quests.
Nafien resides in the northern part of Felwood (coordinates 64,10) near the Felwood entrance of Timbermaw Hold. He offers these quests.
- Deadwood of the North awards 150 reputation.
- Feathers for Nafien awards 50 reputation and is repeatable with every 5 Deadwood Headdress Feather turn-in.
- Speak to Salfa, which sends us to Salfa in Winterspring for the next step of our quests.
By the time you have completed these initial steps, you are likely at Unfriendly standing with the Timbermaw. This means you can pass through the tunnels and reach the Winterspring entrance to reach Salfa.
Salfa resides in Winterspring, right outside the entrance to the Hold and offers us these quests:
- Winterfall Activity awards 350 reputation.
- Beads for Salfa awards 50 reputation and is repeatable with every 5 Winterfall Spirit Beads turn-in.
Other than these two quests, you will also be able to complete the following after becoming Neutral with the tribe:
- Kill High Chief Winterfall to get the one-time quest from Winterfall Ritual Totem and it will award you 150 reputation.
- You can also use Deadwood Ritual Totem, which drops from the Deadwood Furbolgs in the north. This allows you to complete another one-time quest that awards 150 reputation.
Both totems should be brought to Kernda inside the Timbermaw Hold, who can be found in the middle, under the bridge.
Killing Deadwood & Winterfell Furbolgs
During your introductory and further quests, you will be killing a lot of Deadwood and Winterfell Furbolgs and, if you encounter them, you will notice some named ones award more reputation. Here is the list of the mobs that will award reputation towards the Timbermaw Hold, up until you are Revered with them:
- Deadwood Furbolgs (Normal): 5 reputation.
- Winterfall Furbolgs (Normal): 5 reputation.
- Chieftain Bloodmaw (Normal): 15 repuation.
- Overlord Ror (Normal): 15 reputation.
- High Chief Winterfall (Elite): 25 reputation.
- Grizzle Snowpaw (Rare Elite): 25 reputation.
- Ragepaw (Rare Elite): 25 reputation.
Reputation at Friendly and Above
After becoming Friendly, you will be able to give 30 Runecloth to Meilosh and earn 100 reputation. Also, if you are a Tailor, you can give 2 Mooncloth to the same NPC, granting another 100 extra reputation. Note that these quests are not repeatable.
Upon reaching Exalted, you will be able to do the quest The Root of All Evil, given by Gorn One Eye, to earn an Epic trinket, Defender of the Timbermaw.
Rewards and Quartermaster
The Timbermaw Hold's main Quartermaster is Meilosh, located inside the cave, on the lower levels. The rewards he is selling are listed in the table below:
|Friendly||Recipe: Transmute Earth to Water||Alchemy (275)||1 35|
|Friendly||Pattern: Warbear Harness||Tribal Leatherworking (275)||1 44|
|Friendly||Pattern: Warbear Woolies||Tribal Leatherworking (285)||1 98|
|Honored||Formula: Enchant Weapon - Agility||Enchanting (290)||2 70|
|Honored||Pattern: Wisdom of the Timbermaw||Tailoring (290)||1 98|
|Honored||Pattern: Might of the Timbermaw||Leatherworking (290)||1 98|
|Honored||Plans: Heavy Timbermaw Belt||Blacksmithing (290)||1 80|
|Revered||Pattern: Mantle of the Timbermaw||Tailoring (300)||3 60|
|Revered||Pattern: Timbermaw Brawlers||Leatherworking (300)||3 60|
|Revered||Plans: Heavy Timbermaw Boots||Blacksmithing (300)||3 60|
Gorn One Eye is another vendor and sells several consumables, bags, and items after you become Honored. The most important items he is selling are the Uncommon off-hand and mace, listed here:
|Honored||Furbolg Medicine Pouch||Held in Off-hand||13 50|
|Honored||Furbolg Medicine Totem||Main Hand Mace||11 98|
Wintersaber Trainers Faction Reputation Overlap for Alliance Players
If you have done the Timbermaw Hold introduction quests, then you can overlap the repeatable Beads for Salfa quest, which awards 50 reputation with every 5 Winterfall Spirit Beads, with the Wintersaber Trainers' Winterfall Intrusion quest. That way, you will be able to work towards both factions' reputation at the same time.
- 13 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday
- PvP Pools Hotfix Delayed Indefinitely
- The Insanity Continues: Imp Name Speedruns
- Fastest Solo Dire Maul Tribute Run: 5 Minutes 13 Seconds
- Sub-30 Minute Ahn'Qiraj Record Speed Clear