Classic Holy Paladin Healer Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Holy Paladin Healer in WoW Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Paladin stat priority.
Stat Priority for Holy Paladins
- Healing Power;
- Crit Chance;
Stats Explained for Holy Paladin
Healing Power increases the strength of your healing spells by a flat amount. This is your primary stat that you should stack and will help your Mana efficiency more than you might realize. Down-ranking healing spells is an important part of healing, and healing power increases the power of any heal, regardless of rank, by the same flat amount. This means that the percent change between a lower rank and a max rank of the same healing spell decreases as you gain more healing power. The potency of a heal is calculated by the base healing + the healing power, so the more healing power, the more it offsets a lower base heal for lower ranks of spells. This is why Holy Paladins can use lower ranks of Flash of Light for decent healing with exceptional Mana efficiency.
Each point of Intellect gives 15 max Mana and a small increase to your spell crit chance. Having a larger Mana pool means more spell casts during an encounter, and the crit chance is also quite nice for Holy due to your Illumination talent, which causes you to get your Mana back on spell crits. Intellect is your most important primary stat and should be taken on almost every piece of gear.
Spells can be critical hits, which means they do 150% of their normal effect. This is normally not a valuable stat for healers, as it only increases your healing throughput, but at a much less efficient and reliable rate than Healing Power. However, Holy Paladins have access to Illumination, which causes your healing crits to refund the complete Mana cost of the spell. This makes crit your most valuable Mana efficiency stat in addition to increasing your healing output. Illumination is why Paladins have fewer Mana issues than any other healer, especially later on with more gear.
Mp5 stands for Mana per 5 seconds, which is a common secondary stat found on healing gear. This is simply a great stat for getting more Mana during a fight and should be taken when possible.
Each point of Stamina gives 10 max health points. Having a health pool high enough to not die to raid mechanics is important, but you should naturally acquire this from gear without needing to worry about it.
Spirit increases your out of combat health and Mana regeneration. The only way to make use of Spirit during combat is to follow the 5-second rule and not cast for 5 seconds, which is a rarity in raids. You always have to option to wait for your passive Mana regeneration if you desperately need the Mana, but this should not be your main method of Mana regeneration and should only be used as a last resort if you are close to running out of Mana.
- 14 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank