Damien

Cabalist's Tome Tempo Mage Standard

23 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Cabalist's Tome Tempo Mage Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the pleasure of watching Asmodai hit Rank 1 this morning using this deck. He's an incredible mage player, and has very good success using Antonidas [which had been dropped from the meta] due to the Thaurissan synergy. I normally don't play Cabalist's Tome and Antonidas because they feel "slow" but he obviously manages to make it work for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guest FoeHammer said:

I had the pleasure of watching Asmodai hit Rank 1 this morning using this deck. He's an incredible mage player, and has very good success using Antonidas [which had been dropped from the meta] due to the Thaurissan synergy. I normally don't play Cabalist's Tome and Antonidas because they feel "slow" but he obviously manages to make it work for him.

I was sad to see Antonidas disappear (was my first and favourite legendary), but it's nice to see him returning. Can't wait to try this deck out. Cablist's seems to be one of those cards that can either be unbelieveable or give you 3 shatters. There's no inbetween!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This deck is very similar to the Mage I was already running. I made the changes to see how Sottle's version played out compared to my to my own and I think I like his a little better (Minus Yogg). I played a Shaman last night who switched his Hero Power to the Warrior's and he proceeded to beat me down to 1hp while he sat at 30 +5. What ended up being his doom was he ran out of gas while my Cabalist's Tome kept giving me Cabalist's Tome. I came back and got the win still sitting at 1hp. As far as Archmage Antonidas "returning" to the Meta, for me he never left. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KingMe said:

I came back and got the win still sitting at 1hp.

The beauty of Mage.

14 hours ago, KingMe said:

As far as Archmage Antonidas "returning" to the Meta, for me he never left. 

For me, he just didn't have a place in most of the Mage decks I played. I'm sure he was still viable, I just didn't play him ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Looking to craft a new deck and I have always enjoyed the mage hero. This deck seems like it would be super fun to play with the yogg, cabalist tome's, antonidas, and all the tempo generated from the low cost spells, flame walker, etc. 

I have plenty of dust, but the two things I am slightly hesitant to craft are the x2 Arcane Blast's. I always try and future proof as much as possible and try and make sure I always get good bang for the buck. Being that they are from the grand tournament and the next cards to leave the standard set, it has made me slightly hesitant.

Are there any good card swaps or replacements for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sMarcHs said:

Hey guys. Looking to craft a new deck and I have always enjoyed the mage hero. This deck seems like it would be super fun to play with the yogg, cabalist tome's, antonidas, and all the tempo generated from the low cost spells, flame walker, etc. 

I have plenty of dust, but the two things I am slightly hesitant to craft are the x2 Arcane Blast's. I always try and future proof as much as possible and try and make sure I always get good bang for the buck. Being that they are from the grand tournament and the next cards to leave the standard set, it has made me slightly hesitant.

Are there any good card swaps or replacements for them?

The rotation most likely won't happen until Spring of 2017, so you'll have a LOT of time to play with those ABs. They're also very strong in this deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I think I'm looking at like 6000 dust for this because I'm missing three legendaries. Kind of a lot of dust to swallow lol and I guess the AB's only account for 800 of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sMarcHs said:

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I think I'm looking at like 6000 dust for this because I'm missing three legendaries. Kind of a lot of dust to swallow lol and I guess the AB's only account for 800 of that.

Which ones are you missing?

 

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

The rotation most likely won't happen until Spring of 2017, so you'll have a LOT of time to play with those ABs. They're also very strong in this deck.

That's what I was thinking. It started in Spring, it would only make sense (by my logic) to switch it in Spring. You never know with Ben and Company though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sMarcHs said:

I'm missing yogg, thalnos, and tony.

The only card that is really necessary for this deck out of the 3 is Archmage AntonidasBloodmage Thalnos can be replaced by Loot Hoarder if you want the extra card draw or Kobold Geomancer if you want the Spell Damage. Yogg-Saron, Hope's End can be replaced by a number of cards in my opinion. For this build you could opt to go with Arcane Giant since it is so spell heavy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2016 at 6:24 PM, sMarcHs said:

I'm missing yogg, thalnos, and tony.

Definitely worth buying the welcome package in case you grab Antonidas from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Definitely worth buying the welcome package in case you grab Antonidas from it.

Yeah I got Antonidas from my welcome bundle. Too bad I already crafted him a couple of months ago. :(

I, too, have always hesitated to craft Arcane Blasts. I recommend 2nd Mirror Image as one of the replacements.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mgoetze said:

I recommend 2nd Mirror Image as one of the replacements.

An interesting replacement, but thanks for sharing nonetheless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have second tome and yogg.i replaced yogg with rag and second tome with water elemental.is this deck good with only one tome or should i stick to classic tempo mage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

I dont have second tome and yogg.i replaced yogg with rag and second tome with water elemental.is this deck good with only one tome or should i stick to classic tempo mage?

It would probably be better to stick with regular tempo, though if you get bored, you can try this one, even with only one Cabalist's Tome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2016 at 7:59 PM, Guest Subcutaneous said:

Now that Yogg has been nerfed, is it still worth playing it or is  Arcane Giant better?

I'd say he's still worth playing. Yes, Yogg has been nerfed, but he can still make crazy plays. You just need to be prepared for him to kill himself :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:23 AM, Blainie said:

I'd say he's still worth playing. Yes, Yogg has been nerfed, but he can still make crazy plays. You just need to be prepared for him to kill himself :p

I have been running this deck - not legend play but rank 10ish. I have had a lot of success with Yogg. He is still really good and can make some great comebacks. It's nice knowing that he is in there for those otherwise unwinnable situations. He is even more of a hail mary play now than he was before, but I think that's okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2016 at 5:50 PM, Direwolf said:

I have been running this deck - not legend play but rank 10ish. I have had a lot of success with Yogg. He is still really good and can make some great comebacks. It's nice knowing that he is in there for those otherwise unwinnable situations. He is even more of a hail mary play now than he was before, but I think that's okay.

Exactly. There is no single card in the game that can bring you back to a point of being able to win like Yogg can. He's definitely still worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Oxygen

      The first card since the initial annoucement for Knights of the Frozen Throne has been revealed by C4mlann earlier this morning.
      Let's take a look at the first KotFT card officially revealed by C4mlann.

       
      Blizzard kicks off the reveal with a card that seems unplayable in all currently popular decks, and subpar in arena. Although some players have suggested silence priest as a potential target, Ticking Abomination is actually detrimental to play without a form of silence in hand, unlike other popular silence targets. The caveat here is that since this is one the first card revealed, we don't actually know what's in store. Might there be a way to transfer Deathrattle effects to enemy minions? Will KotFT control decks play no minion before turn 5? One potential use for this one might lie in "forcing" your opponent to trigger your own Deathrattle effects with a high value card, but we'll have to wait and see. We might even see something that gives Deathrattle effects Lifesteal, the expansion's new mechanic, for some minion-based healing.
      For more information, please check out our guide to the new Hearthstone expansion.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Inarius Skeletons Necromancer build guide.
    • By Zadina

      A new Tavern Brawl has been introduced this week by Ahune the Frost Lord himself.
      In this Brawl, you will play as either Uther or Jaina. They both have premade decks and Uther is reportedly slightly better than Jaina, which is interesting since Mage usually dominates in Tavern Brawls.
      Here is Uther's deck:
      Jaina uses a Reno deck, minus the Reno:
      Both heroes are immune to damage and they cannot be healed nor keep armor. The only way to damage them is by killing the Ragnaros? minions. These are 1/4 minions and there is one of them at each side of the board. They cannot attack and upon death they deal 4 damage to the opponent of the current player. This means that you can kill both minions (the one on your side and the one on your opponent's side) and your opponent will take all the damage. Moreover, once a Ragnaros? dies, a new one will appear thus making it possible to kill multiple of them in one turn.

      Some tips you should know:
      If the game reaches the fatigue stage, in the next round the enemy that has the least amount of health will automatically die and their opponent will be crowned as the winner. At the moment, Ice Block and Eye for an Eye seem to be bugged and they are not working as intended. This will be fixed soon. Bomb Squad and Ancient Curse deal no actual damage to you, so don't be afraid! This is the 110th Brawl and it's part of the Frost Festival. If you want to find out more about the Frost Festival, check our main article on it.