Table of Contents
Cabalist's Tome is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from Whispers of the Old Gods packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cabalist's Tome is a powerful card advantage mechanic that can provide you with multiple options to help catch you up on a following turn. However, the fact that it only grants you random cards makes it potentially unfavourable when compared to Arcane Intellect or Ethereal Conjurer.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Cabalist's Tome can see play in a late-game focused Mage deck that aims to grind the opponent out of resources through usage of card advantage engines like Duplicate. In a more proactive Mage deck however, you will find it too slow to have an impact.
In Arena, Cabalist's Tome can be a useful card in a Control Mage archetype deck. Recognising what type of deck you are drafting is a useful skill in Arena, and you will have to identify that your deck is trying to push the game to the later turns in order to justify the inclusion of this card. In a more Tempo focused deck, this card will generally prove too slow to justify using.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???