FORUMS
Damien

Jade Druid Deck List

So, even though Aya has synergy with Brann, is her missing from the decklist intentional? Is it a budget variant?

Edited by Paracel

Guest FoeHammer

Was Fandral Staghelm also intentionally left out? He's mentioned in the subsequent paragraphs regarding strategy, however.

Also wondering about Aya, I went ahead and crafted her, hoping she would serve some purpose in a variety of decks [eventually].

26 minutes ago, Paracel said:

So, even though Aya has synergy with Brann, is her missing from the decklist intentional? Is it a budget variant?

Looks like it's intentional as this is not a budget variant. Sottle is currently unavailable and L0rinda thinks that it could be because she can be too slow in pirate meta.

5 minutes ago, Guest FoeHammer said:

Was Fandral Staghelm also intentionally left out? He's mentioned in the subsequent paragraphs regarding strategy, however.

Sottle is trying to dish out as many decks as possible, so he sometimes copies paragraphs of decks that have a very similar playstyle to save time without heavily lowering the quality of the guides. As for the Fandral Staghelm missing, it's quite strange. 

I, to be completely honest, have no idea why these 2 cards are missing and you will sadly have to wait until Sottle responds, which should be tomorrow. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Guest rollerblades

I take out the ancient of war replace with Fandral and replace one auctioneer with Tharussian.  Two auctioneers doesn't really do much for you except slow your hand down the body is too weak to eat anything useful for 6 mana

Guest Ghost

Not bad. I'd like to see how you'd justify the second gadgetzan though, even with more chance of drawing him, he's useless if all the spells are gone at the end, and if you get the second one in the midgame, you'd lose too much tempo after playing the first one. In the early game, he's a bit pointless as you can imagine (unless you have a very specific hand and follow up draw).

I strongly agree with the above post, one gadgetzan should be dropped for a thaurissan. He's just more optimal in virtually every situation, a card where the odds are you could just topdeck, play AND get deterrent with on turn 6 if your opponent doesn't have an annoying board first.

I don't think this should be classed a different decktype, but a card swap of the original Giants variant. I feel its stronger however because the giants are just simply not needed in this archetype. 0 mana 8/8 dudes are cool, but odds are you could both do more with the mana by the time they become profitable in terns of control and jade golem management, and at the end it wouldn't matter because they'd get outclassed by jade idols anyway.

As a side note, I am confused by the note about swapping out thaurissan in the card swaps section lol I'm guessing it was a mistake.

It would be a lot easier if you had a page where we could explore the different archetype options as a whole so you could compare and choose which tech cards are better instead of having them listed as a whole new "deck" like this and the Giants varient. Not only would it make it easier to sift through new decks, but It would obviously make your job easier too!

lol Anyway, solid deck overall. Performs really well against everything that isn't excessively fast. I'm a fan of Ancient of war, and I think he's a good fit in this deck, and against some classes it ends up as a big red stop sign that wrecks their tempo/board presence.

As a complete side note, it's nice to have something to laugh in the face of mill rogue with ahaha

Nice deck. Keep it up man.

Guest Needs improvement

This deck is very poor and inconsistent. I've been using it for over 50 games. from ranks 11-14 and stuck here. People could argue that it's how I play it, and I am sure that has an effect. However this deck relies heavily on ramping, and when you aren't within those conditions, the Dragon priests and aggro decks shit on you, even when you have wraths, living roots, and swipes. This deck is far  too inconsistent it definitely has potential but it needs some SERIOUS Improvement.

23 hours ago, Guest Needs improvement said:

This deck is very poor and inconsistent. I've been using it for over 50 games. from ranks 11-14 and stuck here. People could argue that it's how I play it, and I am sure that has an effect. However this deck relies heavily on ramping, and when you aren't within those conditions, the Dragon priests and aggro decks shit on you, even when you have wraths, living roots, and swipes. This deck is far  too inconsistent it definitely has potential but it needs some SERIOUS Improvement.

All control/fatigue jade decks are used as Reno counters, not aggro counters. If you face an aggro meta, you should not be playing control jade decks, such as this one. Still, you should be able to get much farther than rank 11. A few replays would certainly be helpful.

I still encounter a lot of Jade druids and I always found it boring to play against. Today I built such a deck, good win rate, and incredibly boring to play myself as well ... deleted the deck :D

Guest Korvac

About Budget Jade  Deck Arcane Giant isn't craft-able, unlocked from Karazan. So which other cards can I use to replace them?

34 minutes ago, Guest Korvac said:

About Budget Jade  Deck Arcane Giant isn't craft-able, unlocked from Karazan. So which other cards can I use to replace them?

Pretty much any card from KFT that is run in full-budget jades, such as Ultimate InfestationMalfurion the Pestilent or Spreading Plague. You can also go for 1x Tar Creeper, 1x Acidic Swamp Ooze if you don't have any of the aforementioned cards.

15 hours ago, Ashura said:

I still do not see fandral in the deck? Am I blind?

From all the decks there, budget list and AlwaysLucky's list don't have it. Rest of the decks do involve the card. Maybe you look at one of those 2?

39 minutes ago, Korvac said:

Is Jade Druid still viable since the nerf? Is there any update to Always Lucky's deck list? What we should run instead of Innervate?

It is still viable, but it obviously isn't as strong as pre-nerf.

As far as I know, there will not be any updates to pro player decks (a disclaimer warning about that will be added, though). Updates to Ultimate Jade Druid and Budget Jade Druid will be made later this week, hopefully during today and tomorrow. 

Most players kept Innervate in their deck. Some changed them for Doomsayers or adding non-tech cards that they had 1-off. 

I think it's not too bad to see which cards you can use instead of Innervate, looking what fits in is interesting.

The biggest downside of the druid nerf is we see even more priests and mages, both are even less fun to battle than pre nerf druid.

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

As far as I know, there will not be any updates to pro player decks (a

:( That's a pity :(

8 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

:( That's a pity :(

Why? I mean you know, you can always create a deck on your own, no need to net deck all the time ;)

6 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Why? I mean you know, you can always create a deck on your own, no need to net deck all the time ;)

If I had the skill to create one ;)

Chances of using the perfect cards out of hundreds (even worse: If you don't have all the cards, chances of missing a good one you don't have and that's why don't come to your mind are great) are slim.

And personally, I never had much fun creating a deck. And I was never good at it.

That's why I greatly prefered to copy a deck and just change one or two cards, depending on my card collection and the opponents I face.

Ok, sounds reasonable. I think crafting is huge great part and the sad thing about net decking is we face the same decks all the time over and over and a lot of these decks are no fun to play against.

49 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

Ok, sounds reasonable. I think crafting is huge great part and the sad thing about net decking is we face the same decks all the time over and over and a lot of these decks are no fun to play against.

On ranked most players use decks they copied from the internet. That is true of course.

And I agree, there are some downsides to that.

But IMO there isn't much you can do against that - I don't have that much time to play Hearthstone. And I try to reach Rank 5 - since I get a golden epic. Which is worth 400 dust, and that is a lot for a Free2Play Player.

And the only chance of reaching rank 5 is to use a top deck.

(And playing with a selfmade deck against top decks isn't much fun either...)

The more cards there are, the more insane synergy there is (Raza the Chained was always a good card. But combined with Shadowreaper Anduin it is insane) - and the more difficult it becomes to make a good deck onself.

I didn't want to condemn you (or others) and players always have shared decks in card games, looking for decks players used on tournaments etc and you are right, you can't do anything about that.

It's just my opinion that it brings us less variety and making it a bit monotone sometimes.