FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moos

What to craft now?

Hello,

I need advice again on what to craft right now. I only play standart set.

I currently love playing dragon priest, but I am worried that it will be gone soon when BRM becomes part of wild, that will be early in 2017, right!?

I figured I'd craft some legendary dragon from standart set like Ysera, Deathwing, Maygos or Alexstrasza.

I haven't played pirate deck yet, as I am missing Leeroy and Patches and probably some more that I don't think of right now. Maybe crafting Leeroy would be an option aswell.

From Gadgetzan I only have the priest leg Raza currently. I am playing free, so I won't be gaining huge amounts of new packs. I have 2400 dust from scrapping most of my Nax and G&G cards.

Thanks for any advice! :)

I have been playing dragon priest for a long long time and ysera is definately worth crafting, same goes for deathwing dragonlord (the original deathwing isnt as much of a powerhouse since dragon priest relies heavily on board presence.)

This is my current decklist and I advise you to try it out, Im missing the big aoe spell from gadgetzan tho.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/Phztxqb.png

Malygos and alexstraza find their way into decks aswell (not neccercarily dragon priest I believe). I use a pirate warrior aswell and I am running patches since I drew him. I think I actually might have disenchanted leroy once since I didnt really use him much but he's definately a strong card in general.

aside from the above legends, theres Sylvanas, Ragnaros, aya blackpaw, don han'cho  and kazakus that are definitely worth crafting.

looking at some class legendaries, the most notable ones seem to be:

Fandral staghelm, kun the forgotten king and cenarius (druid)

King crush and maybe princess huhuran (hunter)

Archmage antonidas and Inkmaster Solia (mage)

Tyrion fordring, Ragnaros lightlord and wickerflame burnbristle (paladin)

Prophet velen, raza the chained (priest)

xaril poisoned mind and Edwin can cleef (rogue) [Im not sure about Shaku the collector, havent seen him in ranked yet but seems like a decent card]

Al'akir windlord and white eyes (shaman)

krul the unshackled, lord jaraxxus (warlock)

grommash hellscream, varian wrynn and hobart grapplehammer (warrior)

keep in mind that some of these are going to rotate out sooner than others. Ive included gadgetzan legends since they'll be around for a while.

This is just my opinion on legends worth crafting, this list is in no way set in stone. I have seen almost all named legendaries in ranked play at least.

also keep in mid that crafing a bunch of epics may serve you better than crafing legendaries in some cases. warrior and priest have some really good epic cards you should really have in competative decks. rogue stands out aswell. not sure which other classes really need the epics but those 3 definatly.

Hope this helps

Shine

Edited by Shine
  • Like 1

What to craft usually boils down to what deck you want to play. If you prefer control, you should have Sylvanas WindrunnerRagnaros the Firelord, some class cards such as Tirion Fordring or Grommash Hellscream, or possibly N'Zoth, the Corruptor+Cairne Bloodhoof. If you want to play midrange, you should have Bloodmage Thalnos for rogue and shaman, or Fandral Staghelm for druid. For aggro, Leeroy Jenkins and Patches are important cards.
Of course, selecting a specific deck is better. For some decks you don't even need legendary cards, such as dragon priest or midrange hunter, and crafting epics and rares is better for those decks.

• Like 2

I am hesitant to craft any legs that will rotate out of standart before I have (almost) all the classic legs. I crafted N'Zoth though from last expansion and it served me well for a time. I have alle these that you mentioned positiv2: Sylvanas WindrunnerRagnaros the Firelord, , Tirion Fordring , Grommash HellscreamN'Zoth, the Corruptor,Cairne Bloodhoof. Maybe it's best to craft  Bloodmage Thalnos  for now, I see him in a lot of decks. The only classes I feel really comfortable with are Shaman, Mage, Hunter, Paladin, Priest and Warrior. Never really played Druid, Warlock and Rogue. I have a lot of epics already, am surely missing some, but legs are so rare to get, that I rather craft those then the epics...but depends on my dust gain. :)

Edit: Or Ysera. xD

Edited by Moos

@Shine I am using a very similar deck, though I am missing the important Twilight Guardian . But I really don't want to craft cards that I can only use for a specific deck type, especially since it will lose it's synergies soon, when BRM will rotate out of standart.

Edited by Moos

2 hours ago, Moos said:

I have a lot of epics already, am surely missing some, but legs are so rare to get, that I rather craft those then the epics...but depends on my dust gain. :)

Considering how fast the meta is today, hevily leaning toward aggro decks, This Dumbass is a MVP right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keizoku said:

Considering how fast the meta is today, hevily leaning toward aggro decks, This Dumbass is a MVP right now.

Hey, that's Mr. Dumbass to you good sir. :P

I guess both bloodmage and leeroy find their way into several archetypes. ysera is also a powerhouse in late game control decks in terms of resources. especially if you can keep her alive for a few.

I personally would go for thalnos first but thats because I like to play rogue and druid alot.

• Like 1

Damn...this can be overwhelming. I was confident to craft Kazakus, because I already have Raza, but then I remembered how strong Jade and Pirate decks are, looked at them and found out, that Jade decks are weak vs Pirates and for Pirates I am missing dust to craft two legendaries. Now I looked at N'Zoth Control Shaman which seems to be really nice and I am "only" missing White Eyes and Bloodmage Thalanos, from which I think I will craft the letter, which also fits my mood to rather craft a classic set card then an expansion card.

But taking a break now and will decide later...every time I open a new deck guide, I want to craft something else... o.O

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moos said:

Damn...this can be overwhelming. I was confident to craft Kazakus, because I already have Raza, but then I remembered how strong Jade and Pirate decks are, looked at them and found out, that Jade decks are weak vs Pirates and for Pirates I am missing dust to craft two legendaries. Now I looked at N'Zoth Control Shaman which seems to be really nice and I am "only" missing White Eyes and Bloodmage Thalanos, from which I think I will craft the letter, which also fits my mood to rather craft a classic set card then an expansion card.

But taking a break now and will decide later...every time I open a new deck guide, I want to craft something else... o.O

Thats the struggle if you enjoy multiple classes, you have to nolife 24/7 or willing to spend money to try them all

Right now the strongest decks are probably Renolock and Reno Priest, as they have no counters and have about 50-60% winrate against pirate warrior. And Renolock counters Reno priest, so Renolock is strictly better. Only problem with it is that it has about 6 legendaries and is one of the hardest decks in HS to play (although you can replace Rag and Jaraxxus with some other high quality cards).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moos said:

Damn...this can be overwhelming.

I know, the trick is to try and decide one 1 'main' deck to play and try and max that out first. other decks/legends will follow.

Edited by Shine
  • Like 1

I made my decision...for Reno Dragon Priest. :)

I crafted Kazakus, Dragonfire Potion and Dirty Rat. I am just having fun playing this dragon synergy deck. Now I got 0 gold and 0 dust...so this will be it for a while! :D

Thanks for all the good advice! :)

3 hours ago, Moos said:

I made my decision...for Reno Dragon Priest. :)

I crafted Kazakus, Dragonfire Potion and Dirty Rat. I am just having fun playing this dragon synergy deck. Now I got 0 gold and 0 dust...so this will be it for a while! :D

Thanks for all the good advice! :)

good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Why no golden Shadow Rager? It's among the best 4 cards in the game, together with Am'gam RagerIce Rager and the ultimate Magma Rager. Good luck anyway!

Someone is going to see this and genuinely trust in your judgement. Those poor souls.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Why no golden Shadow Rager? It's among the best 4 cards in the game, together with Am'gam RagerIce Rager and the ultimate Magma Rager. Good luck anyway!

Write Ben and Co. a letter letting them know that we the people (Just you :P) want a fully synergized Rager deck. No but for real, It would be nice if they made a fully functional Rager deck or more cards that synergize with them. 

15 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Write Ben and Co. a letter letting them know that we the people (Just you :P) want a fully synergized Rager deck. No but for real, It would be nice if they made a fully functional Rager deck or more cards that synergize with them. 

In this case, memes > usability. Just like pre-TGT beast druid - I actually used to play it a ton before TGT launched (this guy could tell stories).

18 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Someone is going to see this and genuinely trust in your judgement. Those poor souls.

Wait, you mean that crafting golden Shadow Ragers has lower priority than crafting Kazakus or other "good" cards? How dare you? :P

Disclaimer: it actually does have lower priority.

To be honest, I do not know what I want to craft after I get my second Shadow Rager. Any recommendations on what deck to try?

3 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

To be honest, I do not know what I want to craft after I get my second Shadow Rager. Any recommendations on what deck to try?

Beardo-Executus-Rogue obviously..?

17 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I actually crafted those right after the release, didn't need no forum advice to see the obvious pwnage potential in those cards. Usually my opponents concede right after I play my two golden Shadow Ragers with coin on turn 5.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moos said:

I actually crafted those right after the release, didn't need no forum advice to see the obvious pwnage potential in those cards. Usually my opponents concede right after I play my two golden Shadow Ragers with coin on turn 5.

You have two Golden Shadow Ragers? Damn, I only have 1. One day I'll get the second one and I'll start wrecking shop.