Jump to content
FORUMS
Stan

Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Jan 30

Recommended Posts

33205-ana-spotlight.jpg

Free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of January 30, 2018.

Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 30, 2018

(Source)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still keep seeing a lot of doubts in chat and in draft whenever Ana is brought up or hovered, definitely a hero worth reading the guide on and practising though. Don't forget to scout bushes with your Q as Ana, it helps looooooooads.

Also if anyone starts winding you up about missing heals, Tab > Mute Chat. Everyone misses skill shots, but with Ana you could miss 1 in 5 shots and still do more than most other supports if you're focusing on playing her well and utilising her incredibly versatile (a Tranq Dart build is NOT mandatory, despite what others may say) talent tree to it's full potential. Don't ask people to stand still or lose your temper at people instinctively staying mobile and concentrate on what you can do at any given moment on her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Plergoth said:

Don't forget to scout bushes with your Q as Ana, it helps looooooooads.

Very underrated technique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plergoth said:

I still keep seeing a lot of doubts in chat and in draft whenever Ana is brought up or hovered, definitely a hero worth reading the guide on and practising though. Don't forget to scout bushes with your Q as Ana, it helps looooooooads.

Also if anyone starts winding you up about missing heals, Tab > Mute Chat. Everyone misses skill shots, but with Ana you could miss 1 in 5 shots and still do more than most other supports if you're focusing on playing her well and utilising her incredibly versatile (a Tranq Dart build is NOT mandatory, despite what others may say) talent tree to it's full potential. Don't ask people to stand still or lose your temper at people instinctively staying mobile and concentrate on what you can do at any given moment on her. 

If Ana is played perfectly she would outheal most supports. Ill add my 2 cents too. :D

1. Sleep dart build is indeed not mandatory. Grenade build heals about as much as Sleep dart build. Truth be told you can even pick Detachable Box MagazineDetachable Box Magazine and still be able to keep your team alive without problems and after completing it you basically have Ancestral HealingAncestral Healing on half the cd. I had multiple matches when i started playing Ana where i for some reason didnt complete the quest and was healing just fine so it really is optional. 

2. Dont be afraid to pick not recommended talents. There are only 2 trash talents in her tree: Aim Down SightsAim Down Sights and Custom OpticsCustom Optics. All the others are pretty good. If you are going for Sleep dart/Shrike build SharpshooterSharpshooter is the best one. Ana is in no way capable of keeping doses up all the time, Concentrated DosesConcentrated Doses might look like the better choice but it isnt. Especially not in a sleep dart build where you want to keep your distance and it is also easier to build up lost stacks because they fill up 2x as fast and harder to lose them because its much harder to miss when you aim for 2 people. 

3.Nano BoostNano Boost  should be your prefered heroic but its okay to pick Eye of HorusEye of Horus if there is no hero with spell dmg on your team, its quite powerful in its own right no other healer can heal anyone globally. Actually it might even be preferable if your team relies on split-pushes. 

4. Practice shooting your Healing DartHealing Dart as fast as u can thats how you gain the most accuracy, with practice. Also, aim for the hitbox not for the model. There should be green outline under every hero, thats their hitbox. Falstad is especially hard to hit when you dont know this fact. 

Edited by xevex
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xevex said:

If Ana is played perfectly she would outheal most supports. Ill add my 2 cents too. :D

1. Sleep dart build is indeed not mandatory. Grenade build about as much as Sleep dart build. Truth be told you can even pick Detachable Box MagazineDetachable Box Magazine and still be able to keep your team alive without problems and after completing it you basically have Ancestral HealingAncestral Healing on half the cd. I had multiple matches when i started playing Ana where i for some reason didnt complete the quest and was healing just fine so it really is optional. 

2. Dont be afraid to pick not recommended talents. There are only 2 trash talents in her tree: Aim Down SightsAim Down Sights and Custom OpticsCustom Optics. All the others are pretty good. If you are going for Sleep dart/Shrike build SharpshooterSharpshooter is the best one. Ana is in no way capable of keeping doses up all the time, Concentrated DosesConcentrated Doses might look like the better choice but it isnt. Especially not in a sleep dart build where you want to keep your distance and it is also easier to build up lost stacks because they fill up 2x as fast and harder to lose them because its much harder to miss when you aim for 2 people. 

3.Nano BoostNano Boost  should be your prefered heroic but its okay to pick Eye of HorusEye of Horus if there is no hero with spell dmg on your team, its quite powerful in its own right no other healer can heal anyone globally.

I'm very fond of the Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade build, specially if my most of my team already has some form of self-sustain (i.e. The Butcher, Stitches, Alarak, Thrall, Malthal, etc.). I like mentioning this everytime someone mentions Ana, but I really, REALLY love pairing with Malthael and Nano BoostNano Boost him during Tormented SoulsTormented Souls. He can 1v5 easily with that build (as long there aren't many stuns and silences); if you add Nano InfusionNano Infusion it becomes pretty much overkill.

I tend to pick Nano Boost even if my team does not feature a strong "Mage". Sometimes I even use it on tanks to increase their value and allow for more crowd-controls.

Also, as slows are more common than stuns, I tend to pick Purifying DartsPurifying Darts over Smelling SaltsSmelling Salts for extra healing value, which scales with Biotic Grenade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

I'm very fond of the Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade build, specially if my most of my team already has some form of self-sustain (i.e. The Butcher, Stitches, Alarak, Thrall, Malthal, etc.). I like mentioning this everytime someone mentions Ana, but I really, REALLY love pairing with Malthael and Nano BoostNano Boost him during Tormented SoulsTormented Souls. He can 1v5 easily with that build (as long there aren't many stuns and silences); if you add Nano InfusionNano Infusion it becomes pretty much overkill.

I tend to pick Nano Boost even if my team does not feature a strong "Mage". Sometimes I even use it on tanks to increase their value and allow for more crowd-controls.

Also, as slows are more common than stuns, I tend to pick Purifying DartsPurifying Darts over Smelling SaltsSmelling Salts for extra healing value, which scales with Biotic Grenade.

Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade build is the easiest one out of the 2. And the AoE heals gets insane after lvl 16 with Contact HealingContact Healing.
Did you see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Lunara? :D The whole enemy team just melts. I cant wait to see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Maiev. :D 
Indeed. Purifying DartsPurifying Darts is much more viable, its funny, cuz its usually the slows that finishes people not the stuns. 

I still didnt try combining Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade with SharpshooterSharpshooter but math is saying it can heal 461 per Healing DartHealing Dart so thats something im gonna try next most likely. :D

Im also wondering why isnt she atleast Core tier? I mean she counters E.T.C.s Mosh PitMosh Pit really hard the hero who is in prime and he is there because of Mosh PitMosh Pit. E.T.C. without Mosh PitMosh Pit is just an average tank. 
 

Edited by xevex
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xevex said:

Biotic GrenadeBiotic Grenade build is the easiest one out of the 2. And the AoE heals gets insane after lvl 16 with Contact HealingContact Healing.
Did you see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Lunara? :D The whole enemy team just melts. I cant wait to see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Maiev. :D 
Indeed. Purifying DartsPurifying Darts is much more viable, its funny, cuz its usually the slows that finishes people not the stuns. 

Im also wondering why isnt she atleast Core tier? I mean she counters E.T.C.s Mosh PitMosh Pit really hard the hero who is in prime and he is there because of Mosh PitMosh Pit. E.T.C. without Mosh PitMosh Pit is just an average tank. 
 

Contact Healing is so good. I also love that cracking sound of the grenade. It's absurdly satisfying.

I think the only reason she is not Core is because of her lack of escapes and poor self-sustain; with the near death of the Double Support meta, lacking another healer to keep her up really hurts her game. Unlike Alexstrasza, that has excellent self-sustain with AbundanceAbundance and Life-BinderLife-Binder and also a fantastic escape in the form of Cleansing FlameCleansing Flame, Ana has nothing. Poor granny. =(

I heard Blizzard pretends to work out on something to improve Ana's self-sustain. In my opinion adding a life-leech baseline to her ShrikeShrike would solve all problems. Could be something really small, like the poison healing Ana for 5% of the damage done (per stack) or something. That would add another layer of depth to the character and make Shriking the shit out of everyone more rewarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Contact Healing is so good. I also love that cracking sound of the grenade. It's absurdly satisfying.

I think the only reason she is not Core is because of her lack of escapes and poor self-sustain; with the near death of the Double Support meta, lacking another healer to keep her up really hurts her game. Unlike Alexstrasza, that has excellent self-sustain with AbundanceAbundance and Life-BinderLife-Binder and also a fantastic escape in the form of Cleansing FlameCleansing Flame, Ana has nothing. Poor granny. =(

I heard Blizzard pretends to work out on something to improve Ana's self-sustain. In my opinion adding a life-leech baseline to her ShrikeShrike would solve all problems. Could be something really small, like the poison healing Ana for 5% of the damage done (per stack) or something. That would add another layer of depth to the character and make Shriking the shit out of everyone more rewarding.

Kills with Air StrikeAir Strike are satisfying. :D 

I wouldnt call Alexstraszas AbundanceAbundance excellent self-sustain and Life-BinderLife-Binder is not as good as Cleansing FlameCleansing Flame
Its harder for me to stay full health with Alexstrasza then it is with Ana but i mostly play LifeblossomLifeblossom build which is one of her most passive styles to play. All you have to do is have a good positioning. I never even played Ana in double supp but it never hurt. :D 


I dont think sustain on ShrikeShrike would be the best idea. Basic attacking with Ana is a rare occurence. You only do it when you want to secure a kill or when someone is trying to push you but if it worked with minions and other non-heroic stuff then yeah, why not.  

Playing support is not as fun as it used to be Blizzard is really trying to make them unable to deal any significant dmg. I remember supports being able to participate in teamfights. Now its just stay in the back and heal. 

Edited by xevex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xevex said:

Did you see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Lunara? :D The whole enemy team just melts. I cant wait to see a Nano BoostNano Boosted Maiev. :D 

Lol yeah, Nanoboosted Lunara or Malthael feels filthy. I still prefer giving it to tanks, as they're often the most cd driven and mana hungry players in any given team fight, as well as ensuring the 8 second duration gets maximum value because a tank in their element isn't often going to back out even if they aren't aware they got the Nano, but I relish the opportunities were I can give it to a damage dealer. 

 

1 hour ago, xevex said:

Dont be afraid to pick not recommended talents. There are only 2 trash talents in her tree: Aim Down SightsAim Down Sights and Custom OpticsCustom Optics.

Yeah, not a fan of those talents, but I deliberately picked both last night because I wanted to see what I could do with it on a map I feel fits the niche and also because I had to go YIKES in draft. I don't like having to go YIKES. I think both have a highly situational place in the game and I'd love to give it another go if I had a crap ton of extra vision to further enable the poke such as Zagara's creep. Overall, Ana is a textbook hero of where you have to approach each talent pick carefully and according to the situation you are faced with as opposed to picking whatever is best on the tier for a certain build synergy, and it's fantastic. 

Sharpshooter vs. Concentrated Doses is a tough one. Sharpshooter is better in optimal conditions, but this isn't a WoW raid where everything is scripted, so if you feel like you're able to get some stacks in any skirmish or team fight, Doses is not a bad talent to take, especially if you're inexperienced with Ana and feel you can't keep Sharpshooter up... you also can't really bush check with Q if you take SS, which is something else to consider. 

Edited by Plergoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Plergoth said:

Lol yeah, Nanoboosted Lunara or Malthael feels filthy. I still prefer giving it to tanks, as they're often the most cd driven and mana hungry players in any given team fight, as well as ensuring the 8 second duration gets maximum value because a tank in their element isn't often going to back out even if they aren't aware they got the Nano, but I relish the opportunities were I can give it to a damage dealer. 

If you wanna have some laughs, Nano Boost a Murky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

If you wanna have some laughs, Nano Boost a Murky.

Or the Vikings. Spin2Win to infinity lul.

A real terror with Nano Boost also would be Alarak imho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Valhalen said:

If you wanna have some laughs, Nano Boost a Murky.

Haha, oh I know. I might have to start drawing up a list of Nanoboost priority targets!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2018 at 5:39 PM, Plergoth said:

Lol yeah, Nanoboosted Lunara or Malthael feels filthy. I still prefer giving it to tanks, as they're often the most cd driven and mana hungry players in any given team fight, as well as ensuring the 8 second duration gets maximum value because a tank in their element isn't often going to back out even if they aren't aware they got the Nano, but I relish the opportunities were I can give it to a damage dealer. 

Give it to us Kel'Thuzads!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Only give it to Kel'Thuzad, ARCHLICH OF NAXXRAMAS, ESTEEMED LICH LORD OF THE PLAGUELANDS, COMMANDER OF THE DREAD NECROPOLIS, MASTER AND FOUNDER OF THE CULT OF THE DAMNED, FORMERLY OF THE COUNCIL OF THE SIX, CREATOR OF THE ABOMINATION, CORRUPTER OF THE SUNWELL, SUMMONER OF ARCHIMONDE THE DEFILER, BETRAYER OF HUMANITY, HEARTHSTONE ENTHUSIAST, AND MAJORDOMO TO THE LICH KING HIMSELF!

FIFY 

lol I wish I knew how to stop copying blocks of background colour

Edited by Plergoth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plergoth said:

FIFY 

lol I wish I knew how to stop copying blocks of background colour

There's a button in the editor, looks like an underlined T with a small x next to it. Click that, it removes text formatting :p

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      In Storm League, rank is always updated by taking the change in rating and determining the equivalent number of rank points to reward. While the Heroes team is quite happy with how it turned out, the system is causing problems in Bronze 5.
      In Bronze 5, players gain/lose far fewer points per game than players in other leagues and divisions. The underlying problem makes it harder to climb out of Bronze 5 and causes frustration and bad gameplay experience. The team is working on ways to improve it and provided an explanation of why this is happening.
      Blizzard (Source)
      With the launch of Storm League season 1 we have seen a dramatic improvement in rank distribution. One of the primary changes in this release was in how rank is determined. In the past, rank and rating were two entirely different concepts, both of which were updated differently after each game. It was very common for a player's rank and rating to diverge throughout each season which could cause the matchmaking system to struggle to find games.
      With the changes introduced this season, rank is always updated by taking the change in rating and determining the equivalent number of rank points to reward. This leaves very few ways rating and rank can diverge and results in most players being shown a number equivalent to their rating.
      Overall, we are very happy with how the changes are looking; however, we are aware of the inconsistencies players are currently experiencing in Bronze 5. With the new design, players in Bronze 5 will gain/lose far fewer points per game than players in all of the other leagues and divisions. The reason for this is a bit technical but we wanted to take the opportunity to elaborate on what's going on.
      Under the hood, matchmaking rating is simply a number on a bell curve. Every league and division encompasses a range of values on the same curve. For example, if the overall bell curve ranges from -10.0 to 10.0 and the range 1.0 to 1.5 maps to Gold 1, then a player with a rating of 1.25 will have the equivalent rank of Gold 1 & 500/1000 points. These numbers are intentionally made up as the real ones are always subject to change but the idea is the same.
      The reason for the decrease in points awarded in Bronze 5 is that the range of ratings that maps to Bronze 5 is much larger than other divisions. The difference is that this much larger range of ratings still maps to the same number of rank points. As a result, despite being rewarded the same change in matchmaking rating, the rank points awarded may be lower. This is visualized by the graph below:
      We understand that this inconsistency is a negative experience for players so we will be exploring some ways to improve it.
      Thanks for participating in Storm League and providing your feedback!
    • By Stan
      Industrial District is this week's brawl. The single-lane Overwatch-themed map comes with standard play and shuffle pick. The main goal is to destroy the enemy Core and playing three games rewards a Loot Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      This week’s Heroes Brawl is Industrial District! Slide around and slug it out in the heart of Volskaya in this Overwatch-themed, single-lane Battleground featuring lots of conveyor belts and tons of action.
      Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of the Industrial District Brawl to earn a Loot Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
    • By Stan
      Heroic Deals for this week include Artanis, Lunara, and Probius.
      Click here to check out this week's Free-to-Play Hero rotation.
      Hero Sales
      Heroes Old Price New Price Artanis 625 Gems 312 Gems Lunara 625 Gems 312 Gems Probius 750 Gems 375 Gems Skins
      Deathranger Nova Bundle can be purchased for 1,500 Gems and includes:
      Deathranger Nova Mirage Deathranger Nova Rugged Deathranger Nova Ember Deathranger Nova Dusk Deathranger Nova
      Mounts
      3 mounts have been added to the game and they cost 10,000 Gold each.
      Scavenger's Ripper Outrider's Ripper Soldier's Ripper
    • By Stan
      Blizzard fixed the Loot Chest display issue and Qhira's Fatal Wounds no longer cause Blood Rage to deal bonus damage to enemies with less than 5 stacks.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We’ve just released a Heroes of the Storm patch in order to address a few live bugs. Read on for details.
      Bug Fixes
      Heroes
      Qhira Fatal Wounds no longer causes Blood Rage to deal bonus damage to enemies that have less than 5 stacks. Fatal Wounds no longer causes the activated portion of Blood Rage to deal bonus damage. User Interface
      Ranked: Post-game point breakdown animation now properly counts up or down. Season names now properly display in order on the Profile. Fixed an issue where Blizzard Checkout could fail to load when purchasing Gems. The Loot Chest award animation no longer improperly displays two Loot Chests granted when a Hero Levels and a quest is completed within the same game.
    • By Stan
      Heroes of the Storm is currently experiencing an issue with Loot Chests. The display issue causes players to see more Loot Chests than they were supposed to receive, but it's important to note that you're not missing Loot Chests because this is just a purely cosmetic bug that does not affect the total number of acquired Loot Chests.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hey everyone!
      We’ve gotten a lot of reports regarding Loot Chests and I wanted to take a moment to respond here. We are currently aware of a display issue that is causing the Loot Chest popup to show that you were granted more chests than you were supposed to receive. It is important to note - you are not missing a Loot Chest, this is purely a display issue and does not impact the total number of Loot Chests you receive.
      Since we introduced Loot Chests and our new Progression system in Heroes 2.0, leveling up a Hero will grant different types of Loot Chests with increasing rarity depending on your player level. For each level hit, players will earn 1 Common Loot Chest, every 5 levels will then grant a Rare Loot Chest, and every 25 levels will finally unlock an Epic Loot Chest. For every 10 levels you earn for a specific Hero you will earn a Hero Specific Loot Chest for that Hero. With the exception of Special Events, Hero Specific Chests are one of the only ways to get more than 1 Loot Chest per level.
      With the information above, if you are seeing the wrong type of chest awarded, or a Hero Specific Chest not being granted, this would be a different issue than the display issue mentioned above. Please make a post on our Forums and we can investigate these reports further. Before posting please make sure to provide the following information:
      Make sure to check the Loot tab. If you have more than three types of Loot Chests, use the arrows to turn the carousel and confirm the chest is missing. Please include the Account Level, the Hero you leveled, and what level the Hero got. Thank you so much for your help!
      Huginncord
×
×
  • Create New...