Tyrande Build Guide “Feel the wrath of the Heavens!”
Welcome to our guide for Tyrande, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Tyrande is a ranged Healer that offers an exceptional amount of utility. She is capable of providing vision for the rest of her team, healing wounded teammates, and disrupting enemy Heroes by stunning and slowing them. Tyrande is a very versatile Hero which allows her to adapt to the course of the game very well. Her strong crowd control spells and her ability to keep track of the enemy team's movements make up for her low health pool and mobility.
Tyrande's Strengths and Weaknesses
Tyrande's Talent Build Cheatsheet
The Standard Build does not focus on any of Tyrande's Abilities. Elune's Chosen will increase her healing capabilities greatly, while talents like Lunar Blaze and Harsh Moonlight increases her playmaking and follow up potential. At level 10, Shadowstalk is the default pick, but in maps like Volskaya Foundry or Infernal Shrines, Starfall can be a good option, and is excellent against heavy melee compositions. At level 16, consider picking Celestial Attunement against crowd controls, otherwise, go for Empower.
Tyrande's Synergies and Counters
Tyrande synergizes very well with Tanks and Bruisers like Diablo, E.T.C., or Varian, whose initiation abilities lay a perfect foundation for Lunar Flare's Stun effect. In order to get the most efficiency out of those so-called "crowd control chains", make sure to wait carefully until the respective Warrior engages and then follow up with Lunar Flare. Burst-heavy Mages like Li-Ming can greatly capitalize on Tyrande's Hunter's Mark Armor Reduction, allowing them to take down enemies much faster.
Tyrande is great on smaller maps like Dragon Shire or Tomb of the Spider Queen that focus a lot on early game rotations and ganks. Thanks to Hunter's Mark and Lunar Flare, she excels at taking down enemy Heroes with other crowd control abilities. Hunter's Mark can also be applied on non-Heroic targets, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers, which makes her a very powerful Hero on Battlefield of Eternity as well. She will also be excellent on maps that have minions close to her during objective, so she can refund her Cooldowns safer while healing whole team, such as Infernal Shrines or Tomb of the Spider Queen
Tyrande's Tips and Tricks
- Use Sentinel as frequently as possible. The vision it provides helps your team in making better decisions.
- Always mind your positioning when playing Tyrande. If caught by surprise, she is an easy Hero to get taken down.
- Shadowstalk is an incredibly versatile Heroic Ability. Use it to ambush the enemy team or to cover your retreat.
- Landing Lunar Flare on moving targets requires practice and experience. Try to anticipate their movement paths and aim accordingly.
- Hunter's Mark can be used on non-Heroic targets, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers, in order to kill them faster.
- To make the most out of your healing, you should be always using basic attacks. In many situations it will be dangerous to do so, and you should be waiting for enemy tank to use his Abilities to start delivering Basic Attacks.
- Starfall will greatly reduce Light of Elune's Cooldown. Be ready to use it quickly to not waste any healing.
- All of Light of Elune's charges are refilled together, so you can have 1 charge left and start attacking. Use it right before the Cooldown comes back again, giving you 3 uses of the Ability. This is mostly useful against burst damage to surprise your enemies.
Tyrande's Role In The Current Meta
Tyrande's potent defensive and offensive skills make her one of the most flexible Heroes in the game that fits into many team compositions. Although she does not have the strongest of early game healing, Light of Elune provides a useful low-cooldown healing spell that will assist your allies in need, while Lunar Flare is a very nice follow-up stun that can be chained with other crowd control abilities.
Tyrande, furthermore, thrives against team compositions that rely on crowd control, since her Celestial Attunement talent at Level 16 can be used to quickly remove impairing effects and thus has outstanding saving potential when death timers become dangerously long. Besides, Sentinel greatly improves your team's vision which is useful on every map in order to act and react to your enemies' movements. Another aspect that makes Tyrande a very strong pick is her ability to increase all damage dealt to a single enemy Hero by 15% for 4 seconds using Hunter's Mark. This allows her and her teammates to focus and kill priority targets (whether it is an enemy Hero or a neutral Map Objective) a lot faster, especially if her team has good communication.
- 04 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Builds and Talents updated to reflect most recent Balance Patch.
- 01 May 2020 (this page): Updated introduction page to reflect current meta.
- 12 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Builds and Talents updated to better reflect current meta.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 25 Nov. 2019 (talents page): We are currently evaluating Tyrande's talent changes that came with the most recent Balance Patch for potential updates in the near future.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Tyrande's Talent Builds and Talents section in general in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (this page): Updated Tyrande's introduction.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (abilities page): Applied minor updates on Tyrande's abilities.
- 28 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Swapped Level 7 talents with Level 1 talents, following the changes in today's balance patch.
- 24 Oct. 2018 (talents page): Changed Elune's Chosen from Not Recommended to Recommended and adjusted Talent Builds accordingly.
- 10 Sep. 2018 (talents page): Updated Tyrande's talents and talent builds.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Tyrande's abilities section in accordance with her latest rework.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (this page): Updated for Tyrande's rework.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (talents page): Completely overhauled and updated Tyrande's talents section in accordance with her latest rework.
- 12 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Ranger from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated talent descriptions on multiple tiers.
- 16 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Changed Darnassian Archery from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 16 May 2017 (this page): Guide updated for D.Va patch and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Summoning: Diablo 4 Announcement Cinematic Trailer Parody
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: July 15th
- Climate Phenomena Nexus Anomaly Removed from the Game
- Upcoming Heroes of the Storm AMA: July 16th
- Diablo 2 Gameplay AI Upscaled to 4K, 60 FPS
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?