Tyrande Build Guide “Feel the wrath of the Heavens!”
Welcome to our guide for Tyrande, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Tyrande is a ranged Healer that offers an exceptional amount of utility. She is capable of providing vision for the rest of her team, healing wounded teammates, and disrupting enemy Heroes by stunning and slowing them. Tyrande is a very versatile Hero which allows her to adapt to the course of the game very well. Her strong crowd control spells and her ability to keep track of the enemy team's movements make up for the lack of healing power she suffers from in the early game.
Tyrande's Strengths and Weaknesses
Tyrande's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Burst BuildTalent calculator »
The Burst Build focuses on taking down individual enemy team members as quickly as possible from a large distance using Tyrande's Lunar Flare. Aiming the ability carefully is required and it is definitely helpful to have other Heroes in your team that can stun, slow, or root the enemy team. As a rule of thumb, it is usually better to wait for other Heroes to impair the enemy target first and then follow up with Lunar Flare. This also helps stacking up Lunar Blaze at Level 4 as quickly as possible.
Owl Vision BuildTalent calculator »
The Owl Vision Build focuses on providing Tyrande and her allies with plenty of vision around the map, allowing her team to have the upper hand when taking Objectives. The crucial Sentinel-based talents come at Level 4, 13, and 16 with Ranger, Harsh Moonlight, and Empower respectively. While Tyrande may lack the damage provided by other Builds, these talents allow her and her teammates to cripple the enemy team's movement, set up ganks, and take Objectives that otherwise would not be as safe to take.
Tyrande's Synergies and Counters
Tyrande synergizes very well with Tanks and Bruisers like Diablo, Stitches, or Varian, whose initiation abilities lay a perfect foundation for Lunar Flare's Stun effect. In order to get the most efficiency out of those so-called "crowd control chains", make sure to wait carefully until the respective Warrior engages and then follow up with Lunar Flare. Burst-heavy Mages like Li-Ming can greatly capitalize on Tyrande's Hunter's Mark Armor Reduction, allowing them to take down much more quickly.
Tyrande struggles against Heroes like Johanna or Tyrael, whose Iron Skin or Sanctification abilities can make them immune to Stuns and other debuffs. Furthermore, burst-heavy and nimble melee Assassins like Zeratul can prove to be quite a threat to Tyrande, who lacks any form of innate escape mechanism.
Tyrande is great on smaller maps like Dragon Shire or Tomb of the Spider Queen that focus a lot on early game rotations and ganks. Thanks to Hunter's Mark and Lunar Flare, she excels at taking down enemy Heroes with other crowd control abilities. Hunter's Mark can also be applied on non-Heroic targets, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers, which makes her a very powerful Hero on Battlefield of Eternity as well.
Tyrande's Tips and Tricks
- Use Sentinel as frequently as possible. The vision it provides helps your team in making better decisions.
- Always mind your positioning when playing Tyrande. If caught by surprise, she is an easy Hero to get taken down.
- Shadowstalk is an incredibly versatile Heroic Ability. Use it to ambush the enemy team or to cover your retreat.
- Landing Lunar Flare on moving targets requires practise and experience. Try to anticipate their movement paths and aim accordingly.
- Hunter's Mark can be used on non-Heroic targets, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers, in order to kill them faster.
Tyrande's Role In The Current Meta
Tyrande is a solid Healer choice in the current Anomaly. She has one of the most versatile kits in the game, allowing her to adjust to many different situations. Her Lunar Flare and Hunter's Mark, most importantly, can help prevent enemy Heroes from picking up Experience Globes.
Tyrande's potent defensive and offensive skills make her one of the most flexible Heroes in the game that fits into many team compositions. Although she does not have the strongest of early game healing, Light of Elune provides a useful low-cooldown healing spell that will assist your allies in need, while Lunar Flare is a very nice follow-up stun that can be chained with other crowd control abilities.
Tyrande, furthermore, thrives against team compositions that rely on crowd control, since her Celestial Attunement talent at Level 16 can be used to quickly remove impairing effects and thus has outstanding saving potential when death timers become dangerously long. Besides, Sentinel greatly improves your team's vision which is useful on every map in order to act and react to your enemies' movements. Another aspect that makes Tyrande a very strong pick is her ability to increase all damage dealt to a single enemy Hero by 15% for 4 seconds using Hunter's Mark. This allows her and her teammates to focus and kill priority targets (whether it is an enemy Hero or a neutral Map Objective) a lot faster, especially if her team has good communication.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 25 Nov. 2019 (talents page): We are currently evaluating Tyrande's talent changes that came with the most recent Balance Patch for potential updates in the near future.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (abilities page): Applied minor updates on Tyrande's abilities.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (this page): Updated Tyrande's introduction.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Overhauled and updated Tyrande's Talent Builds and Talents section in general in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Swapped Level 7 talents with Level 1 talents, following the changes in today's balance patch.
- 24 Oct. 2018 (talents page): Changed Elune's Chosen from Not Recommended to Recommended and adjusted Talent Builds accordingly.
- 10 Sep. 2018 (talents page): Updated Tyrande's talents and talent builds.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Tyrande's abilities section in accordance with her latest rework.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (this page): Updated for Tyrande's rework.
- 03 Sep. 2018 (talents page): Completely overhauled and updated Tyrande's talents section in accordance with her latest rework.
- 12 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Ranger from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated talent descriptions on multiple tiers.
- 16 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Changed Darnassian Archery from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 16 May 2017 (this page): Guide updated for D.Va patch and moved to new format.
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: April 6th
- New Heroes of the Storm Teaser: April 5th
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Weekly Brawl - Braxis Outpost: April 3rd
- Heroes of the Storm April Fools PTR Patch Notes
- Heroic Deals: April 1st
- All Heroes Remain Free to Play Through April 13th
- Immortal Kings Call HELP needed
- Heroes of the Storm The Lost Vikings
- Heroes of the Storm Kharazim
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Illidan
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul