Muradin Build Guide “It's hammer time!”
Welcome to our guide for Muradin, a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Muradin is one of the most durable Tanks in the game. He excels at disrupting enemy targets by Slowing and Stunning them with his Basic Abilities. Being a hard engaging initiator, he is capable of dictating the pace of team fights and Skirmishes. Muradin players are expected to draw the attention of the enemy to themselves, which allows their teammates to take an advantageous position. By the same token, Muradin has to use his crowd control abilities to peel for his fragile allies, notably Assassins and Healers.
Muradin's Strengths and Weaknesses
Muradin's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Tank BuildTalent calculator »
The Tank Build combines decent survivability with outstanding offensive tools to threaten the enemy backline and frontline alike. This Build is suited for most game situations you are going to find yourself in. At Level 7, Skullcracker can be a great choice against foes that are using channeled abilities and are thus susceptible to getting interrupted by its mini-stun. Unstoppable Force at Level 20 can be replaced by Rewind if you require more precise timing over your crowd control. This can become extremely important if the rest of your team does not have a lot of Stuns, Roots, or Slows.
Bruiser BuildTalent calculator »
The Bruiser Build is a lot more aggressive than the Tank Build. Focusing on damage related talents, such as Haymaker at Level 10 and Bronzebeard Rage at Level 13 provides Muradin with plenty of pressure to wreak havoc in the enemy backline. At Level 16, Stoneform can be a solid alternative to Dwarf Launch, especially if the enemy team features a lot of burst damage. All in all, it is important to highlight that we usually only advise to consider this build if your team hast at least one additional frontliner.
Muradin's Synergies and Counters
Muradin is fairly hard to counter, however, there are a few Heroes that can cause him a hard time. First and foremost, Heroes with percentage based damage, such as Tychus' or Malthael can shred Muradin's health very quickly, especially while in Avatar. Heroes like Jaina or Alarak, on the other hand, can hinder Muradin's movement and deal huge amounts of burst damage.
Muradin is good on most maps, however, he excels on maps like Infernal Shrines, Dragon Shire, or Garden of Terror, where he can use his innate resilience and strong rotations to enable plays for his entire team.
Muradin's Tips and Tricks
- Stoneform should be used during Avatar to increase its efficiency.
- Thunder Clap is crucial to shut down nimble Assassins like Illidan or Valla.
- Thunder Burn has incredible synergy with Healing Static, as the second explosion causes to heal Muradin as well.
- Although Muradin is a great initiator, it is sometimes necessary to use Storm Bolt defensively in order protect your backline from engaging enemy Heroes.
Muradin's Role In The Current Meta
Muradin a very resilient Tank thanks to his large health pool and his Second Wind trait. Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap provide him with exceptional crowd control, that can be used to either engage the enemy or peel for his allies. In terms of mobility, Dwarf Toss proves to be a very effective ability that enables him to close in on fleeing enemies, as well as to escape dangerous situations. Talent-wise, Muradin is equipped with a variety of powerful options. Thunder Burn greatly reduces the attack speed of enemy Assassins, Stoneform adds an activatable Regeneration bonus to your Second Wind trait, and Rewind allows Muradin to chain his Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap abilities in order to disrupt his enemies even more effectively.
- 24 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Muradin's abilities in accordance with the new class system.
- 24 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Updated Muradin's talents and builds.
- 23 May 2019 (talents page): Updated Muradin's talents and builds in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Heavy Impact's description.
- 24 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Fixed a small structure inconsistency in the level 10 talent section.
- 17 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Updated various parts of the page for the Junkrat patch.
- 17 Oct. 2017 (abilities page): Added "It's Hammer Time!" to Muradin's abilities section.
- 01 Dec. 2016 (this page): Moved guide to new format.
- Heroic Deals: November 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Hotfixes: November 12th
- D.Va Rework Not Coming in the Deathwing Patch
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: November 12th
- Into the Nexus BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: November 8th
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Heroic Deals: November 5th
- Heroes of the Storm Malthael
- Heroes of the Storm Sgt. Hammer
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Li-Ming
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers