Muradin Build Guide “It's hammer time!”
Welcome to our guide for Muradin, a Melee Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Muradin's Overview
Muradin is one of the most durable Warriors in the game. He excels at disrupting enemy targets by slowing and stunning them with his Basic Abilities. Being a hard engaging initiator, he is capable of dictating the pace of team fights and Skirmishes. Muradin players are expected to draw the attention of the enemy to themselves, which allows their teammates to take an advantageous position. By the same token, Muradin has to use his crowd control abilities to peel for his fragile allies, notably Assassins and Specialists.
2. Muradin's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Muradin's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Neutral BuildTalent calculator »
The Neutral Build combines decent survivability with outstanding offensive tools to threaten the enemy backline and frontline alike. This Build is suited for most game situations you are going to find yourself in. Unstoppable Force at Level 20 can be replaced by Rewind if you require more precise timing over your crowd control. This can become extremely important if the rest of your team does not have a lot of Stuns, Roots, or Slows.
Dwarf Toss BuildTalent calculator »
The Dwarf Toss Build is a lot more aggressive than the Neutral Build. Focusing on Dwarf Toss related talents, such as Heavy Impact at Level 7 and Dwarf Launch at Level 16 provides him with plenty of mobility to wrak havoc on the battlefield. What is nice about this Build is the fact that several talents can be swapped out without making Muradin any less efficient. Even Avatar at Level 10 can be replaced by Haymaker if your team already features another main Tank or if you have two Supports to keep you alive. For the same reason, Healing Static at Level 13 can be replaced by Thunder Strike or Bronzebeard Rage if you feel like you can get away with more damage oriented talents.
4. Muradin's Synergies and Counters
Muradin is fairly hard to counter, however, there are a few Heroes that can cause him a hard time. First and foremost, Heroes with percentage based damage, such as Tychus' or Malthael can shred Muradin's health very quickly, especially while in Avatar. Heroes like Jaina or Alarak, on the other hand, can hinder Muradin's movement and deal huge amounts of burst damage.
5. Muradin's Maps
Muradin excels on maps like Infernal Shrines, Dragon Shire, or Garden of Terror, where he can use his innate resilience and Attack Speed slows to cripple the efficiency of the respective mobile Map Objectives.
6. Muradin's Tips and Tricks
- Stoneform should always be used during Avatar to increase its efficiency.
- Thunder Clap is crucial to shut down nimble Assassins like Illidan or Valla.
- Thunder Burn has incredible synergy with Healing Static, as the second explosion causes to heal Muradin as well.
- Although Muradin is a great initiator, it is sometimes necessary to use Storm Bolt defensively in order protect your backline from engaging enemy Heroes.
7. Muradin's Role In The Current Meta
Muradin a very resilient Warrior thanks to his large health pool and his Second Wind trait. Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap provide him with exceptional crowd control, that can be used to either engage the enemy or peel for his allies. In terms of mobility, Dwarf Toss proves to be a very effective ability that enables him to close in on fleeing enemies, as well as to escape dangerous situations. Talent-wise, Muradin is equipped with a variety of powerful options. Thunder Burn greatly reduces the attack speed of enemy Assassins, Stoneform adds an activatable Regeneration bonus to your Second Wind trait, and Rewind allows Muradin to chain his Storm Bolt and Thunder Clap abilities in order to disrupt his enemies even more effectively.
- 09 Nov. 2017 (talents page): Updated Heavy Impact's description.
- 24 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Fixed a small structure inconsistency in the level 10 talent section.
- 17 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Updated various parts of the page for the Junkrat patch.
- 17 Oct. 2017 (abilities page): Added "It's Hammer Time!" to Muradin's abilities section.
- 01 Dec. 2016 (this page): Moved guide to new format.
- Heroes with Self-Healing
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game
- Heroes of the Storm Jaina
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing