Ana Build Guide “Mother knows best.”
Welcome to our guide for Ana, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Ana is a Healer who excels at manipulating the course of battle from a safe distance. She is particularly efficient if protected by a solid frontline, since she does not have any real escape mechanism. Consequently, knowing how to position Ana during a team fight is crucial when it comes to staying clear of danger, but also when it comes to healing allied targets from the right angle.
Ana's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Low survivability
- Requires good aim for her key Abilities
Ana's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sleep Dart BuildRecommended
Ana's Sleep Dart Build is designed to compensate the Slow provided by the Aim Down Sights effect included in Shrike by giving Ana some Movement Speed and by Slowing enemy Heroes with Slumber Shells and Night Terrors respectively; furthermore, the latter Talent adds burst damage in the form of Percent Damage.
Ana's Synergies and Counters
Since her self-healing is limited, Ana usually struggles against Heroes who can ignore her team and dive her instead (such as Chen with Storm, Earth, Fire). Abilities that can isolate an enemy Hero (like Cocoon by Anub'arak) or disengage (like Mighty Gust by Falstad) can be used to counter Nano Boost in two different ways. While not as effective as the counters that have been mentioned above, poke is also a decent tool against her, but only if you can actually do considerable damage to her from high distance (such as Hanzo). There are no Healers who can counter Ana, however, you might prefer going for a Hero who offers utility instead of raw healing (like Lúcio that can count on Sound Barrier to support his team without actually healing).
Ana's Tips and Tricks
- Due to her limited survivability, Ana needs to pay special attention on where she positions herself during a team fight.
- Do not wait too much for casting Nano Boost because it lasts 8 seconds.
- Hold Biotic Grenade as much as possible because it can easily secure a kill or save an allied Hero.
Ana's Role in the Current Meta
Ana is a main Healer that fits into a variety of team compositions, but make sure to have a good target for Nano Boost to get the most value out of her, usually a Mage (such as Li-Ming). Her Biotic Grenade has the power to counter most Healers (except Lúcio) and even some Heroes that belong to different Roles (for example it can be used to completely shut down Army of the Dead by Arthas).
- 22 Apr. 2020 (this page): Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- 22 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- 31 Mar. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 31 Mar. 2020 (this page): Introduction fully revised to match new standards.
- Overview modified to better introduce his Strengths and Weaknesses explained later.
- Strengths and Weaknesses modified to give a better idea about the Hero when being played right.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Synergies and Counters modified to mention notable Heroes that were missing and to remove misleading Heroes that were listed.
- Maps modified to focus on the main aspects of the Hero when evaluating a Map.
- Tips and Tricks modified to list important tips that was missing before and to delete more obvious ones.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to reflect the current metagame and to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 31 Mar. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build fully revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 06 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 03 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Applied minor updates to Ana's ability descriptions.
- 03 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Changed Eye of Horus from Situational to Recommended and updated the talent builds accordingly.
- 13 Feb. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Ana's abilities in accordance with the latest rework.
- 13 Feb. 2019 (talents page): Updated Ana's talents and builds in accordance with the latest rework.
- 07 Mar. 2018 (talents page): Updated Ana's Talent Builds in accordance with the most recent balanced update.
- 07 Mar. 2018 (abilities page): Updated Shrike (and Biotic Grenade, very slightly) text to account for the latest patch.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Overdose is now Recommended and Aim Down Sights is now Not Recommended as intended.
- 13 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Changed Dynamic Shooting from Not Recommended to Recommended and fixed Overdose's description.
- 29 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated talent builds and descriptions after further playtesting.
- 28 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Added talent discussions.
- 26 Sep. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Nexomania II Event Preview (June 23rd - September 7th)
- Bringing Mei Into the Nexus
- Heroes of the Storm Mei Patch Notes: June 23rd
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- Diablo 2 Remaster Significantly More Likely After Two Job Postings Surface
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?
- Heroes of the Storm Muradin