Quel'Serrar Weapon Questline Guide
Quel'Serrar is one of the ancient dragon blades, forged and gifted to the Night Elves. It has been kept safe by the Shen'dralar, as they waited for someone that could restore the blade to its former glory to claim it.
With the release of Dire Maul, players can now craft this sword, which is very good for both Warriors and Paladins. If you wish to find out more information about the Dire Maul instance itself or find wing-by-wing guides, you can do so on our Dire Maul hub.
Quel'Serrar is obtained by completing a questline that takes you into the Dire Maul instance. To start the questline, you must be at least Level 60 and have the Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying.
You can either farm this book from Dire Maul or buy it on the Auction House.
Quel'Serrar - Who needs it?
Quel'Serrar is an extremely good 1-handed sword that is excellent for Paladin and Warrior tanks. It can also be used by DPS Warriors. You can find out more on this on our Gear pages for Warriors and Paladins.
Quel'Serrar Quest List
The list of quests is as follows:
- Foror's Compendium
- The Forging of Quel'Serrar
- The Forging of Quel'Serrar
Foror's Compendium is picked up as soon as you interact with Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying. You must bring the book back to the Athenaeum, where Lorekeeper Lydros will be waiting for you.
To get to the Athenaeum, you will need to head into Dire Maul North or West. Head to the library and speak to Lydros to hand in the quest.
The Forging of Quel'Serrar (Part 1)
The Forging of Quel'Serrar is given to you after speaking to Lydros. He will give you a A Dull and Flat Elven Blade and request that, if you wish to pursue the quest, you speak to him again. Present him the blade and, after going through his dialogue, you can accept the second part of this quest.
The Forging of Quel'Serrar (Part 2)
The main part of this questline starts with The Forging of Quel'Serrar. Lydros needs you to take the Unfired Ancient Blade and heat it with the breath of Onyxia, before using it to slay her and treat the sword in her corpse.
You will need to place the Unfired Ancient Blade on the ground when fighting Onyxia and make sure that it gets hit by her breath attack. This only happens in her final phase. This can only be done once, so if you put the blade down at the wrong time, location, or press it by mistake, you will need to go back to Dire Maul to get another one. The item is not zone or location locked, so be careful when moving the item in your inventory. If you click it, it will be placed on the ground, no matter where you are.
The best way to successfully ignite the blade is to simply place it where your tank stands once the boss hits 30%.
Once it is done, another sword will appear on the ground, and you will need to loot it to obtain the Heated Ancient Blade. From here, you just need to kill Onyxia and use the new blade on her corpse. The blade will only last for 20 minutes, so you will need to get a kill soon. You can wipe once you have the heated blade, but you have to get a kill within the time limit.
Return the sword to Lydros in Dire Maul once you have tempered it in Onyxia's corpse. You will then receive the final reward, Quel'Serrar.
You will receive a total of 1,000 reputation with the Shen'dralar for completing this chain. We have listed all of the rewards and benefits of gaining reputation with the Shen'dralar in our guide below.
- 18 Oct. 2019: Added additional note on the abandoning the quest when placing the sword in wrong location.
- 15 Oct. 2019: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap