Classic Cooking Profession Guide
Cooking allows players to create food and drinks for players to consume to regenerate health and resources. This is a secondary profession, meaning it does not take up one of the primary slots that others would, such as Blacksmithing or Mining.
If you are going to level up Cooking, we recommend leveling it alongside Fishing, as you can use most of the fish that you catch to level up Cooking.
1. Cooking Trainers and Where to Find Them
Just as with Fishing, you can learn Cooking from any of the Cooking trainers, but you cannot learn Expert and Artisan Cooking from trainers.
For the first 2 ranks, you can learn them from any of the following trainers.
1.1. Alliance Cooking Trainers
- Alegorn — Darnassus
- Cook Ghilm — Dun Morogh
- Craig Nollward — Dustwallow Marsh
- Crystal Boughman — Redridge Mountains
- Daryl Riknussun — Ironforge
- Gremlock Pilsnor — Dun Morogh
- Kelsey Yance — Stranglethorn Vale
- Stephen Ryback — Stormwind City
- Tomas — Elwynn Forest
- Zarrin — Teldrassil
1.2. Horde Cooking Trainers
- Aska Mistrunner — Thunder Bluff
- Eunice Burch — Undercity
- Mudduk — Stranglethorn Vale
- Pyall Silentstride — Mulgore
- Zamja — Orgrimmar
1.3. Quest Recipe Vendors
Rather than completing low level quests for Cooking recipes, you can visit Kendor Kabonka in Stormwind City to buy quest reward recipes. Note that there is no Horde-only equivalent to this vendor.
Kendor Kabonka sells the following recipes:
- Recipe: Seasoned Wolf Kabob
- Recipe: Murloc Fin Soup
- Recipe: Crocolisk Gumbo
- Recipe: Curiously Tasty Omelet
- Recipe: Gooey Spider Cake
- Recipe: Redridge Goulash
- Recipe: Succulent Pork Ribs
- Recipe: Westfall Stew
- Recipe: Goretusk Liver Pie
- Recipe: Cooked Crab Claw
- Recipe: Crocolisk Steak
- Recipe: Blood Sausage
- Recipe: Beer Basted Boar Ribs
2. Expert Cooking and How to Learn It
Expert Cooking can only be learned after buying a cookbook from a vendor of your faction. The book is called Expert Cookbook and costs 1 gold.
For the Alliance, you will need to head to Mystral Lake in Ashenvale and buy the book from Shandrina.
For the Horde, you will need to head to Shadowprey Village in Desolace and buy it from Wulan.
3. Artisan Cooking and How to Learn It
Artisan Cooking can only be learned through a questline that you can start once your Cooking skill is 225 or above and your character is Level 35 or above.
Make sure to prepare the materials ahead of time, so you do not have to make the journey twice.
4. Leveling Cooking from 1 to 300
Cooking is not particularly hard to level, but it can be quite expensive. We recommend leveling it alongside Fishing to make use of the fish you will catch.
You should follow the Cooking and Fishing Leveling Guide on wow-professions.com for the best method of doing so.
5. Making Money from Cooking
Ideally, you will want to use Cooking to make food that players will need when raiding or PvPing in the endgame phase. It is the easiest way to ensure demand of the food you are making.
Alternatively, you can also make cosmetic food, such as Savory Deviate Delight.
5.1. Best Food for Each Class
- Druid — There are 4 roles for Druids, so the food varies.
- Hunter — Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops, Runn Tum Tuber Surprise, Grilled Squid, and Nightfin Soup.
- Mage — Nightfin Soup and Monster Omelet.
- Rogue — Grilled Squid and Monster Omelet. Thistle Tea, a Rogue-only consumable is also made with Cooking.
- Paladin — There are 3 roles for Paladins, so the food varies.
- Priest — Nightfin Soup and Sagefish Delight.
- Shaman — There are 3 roles for Shamans, so the food varies.
- Warlock — Runn Tum Tuber Surprise and Nightfin Soup.
- Warrior — Monster Omelet.
- 28 Aug. 2019: Added section on Kendor Kabonka and updated trainer list.
- 26 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|