Rogue Class Overview
At home in the shadows and skilled at disappearing from sight, the Rogues of Azeroth are most comfortable when acting in the background. Twisting events to their favor, striking only when advantage is greatest: this is where a Rogue excels. With their cunning tricks, physical abilities, and mastery of concealment and disguise, Rogues have no trouble finding employment as thieves, cutthroats, spies, and assassins.
Races for Rogues
Rogues have 3 talent specializations: Assassination, Combat, and Subtlety.
- Assassination — This specialization focuses on increasing the burst damage of the Rogue, ensuring that defeating their foes requires as little time as possible.
- Combat — This specialization focuses on enhancing a Rogue's capabilities in extended fights. While they normally fight from the shadows, Combat Rogues are equipped to fight just as proficiently outside of stealth.
- Subtlety — This specialization enhances a Rogue's abilities within stealth, avoiding direct combat when possible.
Resources as a Rogue
The primary resource used by Rogues in Energy in all specializations.
Gearing a Rogue
Rogues can wear Cloth and Leather armour in Classic.
Rogues are able to use Bows, Crossbows, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Guns Maces, Swords, and Thrown.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Rogue trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Rogue Trainers
- Anishar — Darnassus
- Erion Shadewhisper — Darnassus
- Fenthwick — Ironforge
- Frahun Shadewhisper — Teldrassil
- Hogral Bakkan — Dun Morogh
- Hulfdan Blackbeard — Ironforge
- Ian Strom — Stranglethorn Vale
- Jannok Breezesong — Teldrassil
- Jorik Kerridan — Elwynn Forest
- Keryn Sylvius — Elwynn Forest
- Lord Tony Romano — Stormwind City
- Ormyr Flinteye — Ironforge
- Osborne the Night Man — Stormwind City
- Solm Hargrin — Dun Morogh
- Syurna — Darnassus
Horde Rogue Trainers
- Carolyn Ward — Undercity
- David Trias — Tirisfal Glades
- Gest — Orgrimmar
- Gregory Charles — Undercity
- Ian Strom — Stranglethorn Vale
- Kaplak — Durotar
- Marion Call — Tirisfal Glades
- Miles Dexter — Undercity
- Ormok — Orgrimmar
- Rwag — Durotar
- Shenthul — Orgrimmar
Rogue Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Rogue in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Rogue DPS Guide for PvE
- Rogue PvP Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Rogues
- Making Gold as a Rogue
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated locations of trainers.
- 17 Sep. 2019: Fixed location of trainers.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Phase 3, Patch 1.13.3 Known Issues List: Dec 10th
- Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification
- Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Guides and Official Preview
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug Update: December 9th
- Classic Phase 3 and Patch 1.13.3 Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion