Classic Guide to Druids' Best Addons and Macros
Welcome to our Addons & Macros guide for Druids where you will find out what the best addons and macros are for your Druid in WoW Classic.
While it is possible to play perfectly with the default UI, there are many critical things missing that will make your life more difficult. This is where addons can be extremely useful. There are a vast number of addons, including more comprehensive UI packages, but below we have listed some of the basic addons that are highly recommended as a Druid.
Questie (Quest Helper)
Quest helper addons like Questie are a must-have and will make your leveling experience much smoother. Over the years, Blizzard has reworked WoW's questing interface to make it more user friendly and to present more information. In Classic, that was not the case. Quests were not readily displayed on the map, enemies did not have text to indicate you should kill them for a quest you had, and items did not have the glowing lines or sparkles around them to let you know that you should interact with them for a quest.
Knowing your attack timer is critical as a Druid, since most of your leveling will be done as a melee, and Weapon Swing Timer is a great choice. If you want to be able to properly kite back while timing your melee hits, especially in Bear Form, having a timer is critical.
Weak Auras is a very popular addon in modern WoW that allows you to create and customize trackers for different auras, such as your damage cooldowns. This addon gives you lots of customization and will let you track whatever you want, however you want.
Recount (Damage Meter)
Being able to track and compare your damage with other people's is a valuable tool and does not exist in the default UI. Recount lets you do so quite easily.
If you plan to raid, having a Boss Mod addon, such as Deadly Boss Mods is a must. It will help you track important raid abilities and give you important messages from fight to fight. Most importantly, it will give you warnings and notifications if you are targeted by something or if an important mechanic is happening.
- /cancelform [noform:3]
- /cast Cat Form
- /startattack [form:3,harm,nodead]
This is a simple macro that will cancel your current form and then put you back into Cat Form. You can choose to separate these lines into separate macros if you wish, but this keeps it as one button that you can spam to powershift, along with automatically starting your attack back up again.
One-Button Travel Form
- /cancelform [swimming,noform:2][outdoors,noform:2/4]
- /cast [swimming] Aquatic Form;[outdoors] Travel Form; Cat Form
Spell Casts from Forms
- #showtooltip SpellNameHere
- /cancelaura Cat Form
- /cast SpellNameHere
If you are in Cat Form and try to cast a spell like Rejuvenation, you will not be able to. If you put the spell into this macro, you will be able to cast it directly from Cat Form. All you need to do is replace "SpellNameHere" with the name of whatever spell you want to cast. This also works with Bear Form as well, just replace Cat Form with Bear Form in the macro.
- #showtooltip Regrowth
- /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@player] Regrowth(Rank 5)
Especially as a healer, some people find it easier to cast healing spells by mousing over their intended target on their raid frame, rather than clicking and actually targeting them. This saves time and will allow you to keep an enemy targeted, which can be useful in raids to track casts. For other spells like Healing Touch, just replace Regrowth in the macro, and you can also replace the rank with whatever rank you want of the spell.
A useful macro that cancels your current form, for any form. It will also dismount you if you are mounted, just replace MountNameHere with your mount.
Rake and Pounce
- /cast [nostealth] Rake; [stealth] Pounce
This puts both Rake and Pounce into the same bind, so you do not need two separate buttons, depending on if you are in stealth or not. You can modify this with any two abilities for when you are and are not stealthed.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Fixed Powershifting macro, added Travel Form macro.
- 03 Sep. 2019: Cancel form macro reworked.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon?
- Honor Calculation Bug Clarifications: December 1st
- Blizzard Black Friday Sales 2019
- Diablo 2 Upscaled Intro Cutscene + Creation of Sanctuary Animated Fan Cinematic
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug
- Former Blizzard Employee on HGC's Cancellation and Heroes of the Storm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion