Classic Guide to Paladins' Best Addons and Macros
Welcome to our Addons & Macros guide for Paladins where you will find out what the best addons and macros are for your Paladin in WoW Classic.
While it is possible to play perfectly with the default UI, there are many critical things missing that will make your life more difficult. This is where addons can be extremely useful. There are a vast number of addons, including more comprehensive UI packages, but below we have listed some of the basic addons that are highly recommended as a Paladin.
2.1. Questie (Quest Helper)
Quest helper addons like Questie are a must-have and will make your leveling experience much smoother. Over the years, Blizzard has reworked WoW's questing interface to make it more user-friendly and to present more information. In Classic, that was not the case. Quests were not readily displayed on the map, enemies did not have text to indicate you should kill them for a quest you had, and items did not have the glowing lines or sparkles around them to let you know that you should interact with them for a quest.
2.2. Attack Timers
Knowing your attack timer is critical as a Paladin, since auto attacks will be the vast majority of your damage while leveling. Weapon Swing Timer is a great choice for tracking your swings. If you want to be able to properly kite back while timing your melee hits then having a timer is critical.
2.3. Weak Auras
Weak Auras is a very popular addon in modern WoW that allows you to create and customize trackers for different auras, such as your damage cooldowns. This addon gives you lots of customization and will let you track whatever you want, however you want.
2.4. Recount (Damage Meter)
Being able to track and compare your damage with other people's is a valuable tool and does not exist in the default UI. Recount lets you do so quite easily.
2.5. Pally Power
While it has not been created yet, there is a popular Classic addon that was used known as Pally Power. It is an incredibly useful addon that tracks and manages the various Paladin buffs to ensure that everyone gets all of the various buffs in a raid setting with multiple Paladins, as it can be quite complicated to manage on your own sometimes.
2.6. Boss Mods
If you plan to raid, having a Boss Mod addon, such as Deadly Boss Mods is a must. It will help you track important raid abilities and give you important messages from fight to fight. Most importantly, it will give you warnings and notifications if you are targeted by something or if an important mechanic is happening.
- #showtooltip Consecration
- /cast Consecration(rank 2)
- /cast [mod:shift] Consecration(rank 1)
Downranking spells to conserve Mana is an important part of your normal gameplay. These macros can help you manage and remember what binds you use to downrank spells since they allow you to assign different ranks to the same keybind with a different modifier while saving action bar space.
3.2. Hammer of Justice
- #showtooltip Hammer of Justice
- /cast Hammer of Justice
Hammer of Justice is a critically important ability in PvP, and sometimes will need to be cast at a moment's notice. By default, if you are casting something else like a Holy Light and try to use Hammer of Justice, it will queue the Hammer for after the Holy Light. This macro ensures that you stop whatever you are doing to immediately use Hammer of Justice, ensuring that it is never delayed when you need it most.
3.3. Mouse-over Healing
- #showtooltip Holy Light
- /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@player] Holy Light(Rank 4)
Especially as a healer, some people find it easier to cast healing spells by mousing over their intended target on their raid frame, rather than clicking and targeting them. This saves time and will allow you to keep an enemy targeted, which can be useful in raids to track casts.
- 14 Sep. 2019: Updated HoJ macro
- 03 Sep. 2019: Updated mouseover macros.
- 14 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- A Classic Journey: Incredible Art in Animated Series Style
- Spanish WoW Classic Servers Coming Soon
- Paid Character Transfers Considered for WoW Classic
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: September 12th
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|
- What Raid Was Your Favorite