Classic Protection Paladin Tank Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Protection Paladin Tank in WoW Classic.
Blessings are the name given to the buffs that Paladins are able to cast. There are 6 total buffs, and a Paladin is able to put 1 of them on any given player at a time. This means you would need 6 Paladins in your raid to have all of the Blessings on every player, and most raids will have at least 4, but most will be Holy. For each Blessing there exists the normal version and the greater version, such as Blessing of Might and Greater Blessing of Might. Both versions give the exact same buff, but the greater version will cast on all members of the targeted class in the raid. In addition, the greater version lasts 15 minutes whereas the normal version only lasts 5 minutes. However, greater blessings require a reagent to cast.
Some Blessings also have talents that can improve them. Greater Blessing of Might for instance has Improved Blessing of Might in the Retribution talent tree, so if you are in charge of using a specific blessing, it is important to consider if you have the improved version talented.
- Greater Blessing of Might: a buff that gives attack power.
- Greater Blessing of Wisdom: a buff that gives mana regeneration in the form of Mp5.
- Greater Blessing of Kings: a buff that increases your primary stats by 10%.
- Greater Blessing of Sanctuary: a buff that decreases your damage taken by a flat amount, and causes you to reflect some holy damage per block.
- Greater Blessing of Light: a buff that makes you take more healing from Holy Light and Flash of Light.
- Greater Blessing of Salvation: a buff that reduces your threat generated by 30%.
Paladins have access to different auras, of which they can use one at a time. When you have an aura active it will affect all party members who are within range. Auras only need to be toggled on, and do not require mana to keep up. They are passive buffs that are up 100% of the time.
Similar to Blessings, some auras have improved versions that can be picked up from talents, such as Improved Devotion Aura. If you are running a specific aura for your group, it is worth seeing if you can put in the talents needed for the improved version.
- Retribution Aura: an aura that causes you to reflect some holy damage back when attacked.
- Devotion Aura: an aura that gives armor.
- Concentration Aura: an aura that gives a chance for anyone casting to avoid pushback when they take damage.
- Shadow Resistance Aura: an aura that gives shadow resistance.
- Frost Resistance Aura: an aura that gives frost resistance.
- Fire Resistance Aura: an aura that gives fire resistance.
- Sanctity Aura: increases holy damage done by 10%; this is a late Retribution talent.
Paladins have several possible personal buffs known as Seals. You can only have one Seal active at any time. Seals have two parts to their buff: the passive portion and the unleashed portion. You get the passive portion from just having the Seal active, and you can "unleash" a seal by using Judgement while your Seal is active.
- Seal of Justice — You have a chance to stun for 2 seconds when you attack. When unleashed, your target will be unable to flee for 10 seconds, and attacking will refresh the 10 second timer.
- Seal of the Crusader — Gives you attack power and attack speed, but lowers your damage per attack. When unleashed you put a debuff on the target that makes them take more holy damage.
- Seal of Righteousness — Causes you to deal a flat amount of additional holy damage per attack, and when unleashed will deal a burst of holy damage to the target.
- Seal of Wisdom — Causes your melee attacks to sometimes restore mana. When unleashed, puts a debuff on the target that lets anyone who attacks the target to sometimes restore mana.
- Seal of Command — Causes you to sometimes deal holy damage when you attack, calculated based on your weapon damage. When unleashed, you will deal a burst of holy damage to the target.
- Seal of Light — Causes your melee attacks to sometimes restore health. When unleashed, puts a debuff on the target that lets anyone who attacks the target to sometimes restore health.
- Blessing of Freedom — Makes the target immune to roots and other movement impairing effects for 10 seconds.
- Divine Protection — A shield that causes you to be immune to all physical attacks for 8 seconds, but you cannot attack during this time. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast you other immunities during that time.
- Blessing of Protection — A shield that causes your target to be immune to all physical attacks for 10 seconds, but they cannot attack during that time. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast you other immunities during that time.
- Divine Intervention — You sacrifice yourself to place a 2-minute shield on a target, making them invulnerable but unable to move or use abilities while inside the shield. This is mainly used as a wipe recovery tool in raids to ensure someone will stay alive.
- Divine Shield — A shield that causes you to be immune to all attacks and spells for 12 seconds. This also procs a 1-minute debuff that makes you unable to cast you other immunities during that time.
- Lay on Hands — Instantly heals your target for a massive amount and gives them some mana, but drains all of your mana.
- Blessing of Sacrifice — A 30-second buff that transfers some of the damage taken by the target to you while active.
- Holy Light — A strong heal with a longer cast time and a higher mana cost.
- Flash of Light — A fast, efficient heal that does less but has a lower mana cost.
- Holy Shield — Increases your block chance by 30% for 10 seconds, and causes you to reflect so holy damage when you block. You should be using this on cooldown as Protection.
- Judgement — Unleashes your current seal on the target. See the list of Seals for the possible effects. This will be your core damage ability.
- Consecration — Drops a zone of holy energy beneath you, dealing holy damage every second for 8 seconds to any enemy standing in it. This is another important damage ability.
- Purify — Cleanses the target, removing 1 disease and 1 poison.
- Righteous Fury — Increases your threat generation when toggled.
- Sense Undead — Tracks all nearby undead, putting them on your minimap.
- Cleanse — Cleanses the target, removing 1 disease, 1 poison, and 1 magic effect.
- Turn Undead — Fears an undead target.
- Hammer of Justice — Stuns the target for 6 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown.
- Exorcism — Deals a burst of holy damage to an undead or demon target.
- Hammer of Wrath — Deals a burst of holy damage to low health targets.
- Holy Shield — Increases your chance to block and causes you to deal holy damage on blocks.
- Holy Wrath — Deals an AoE burst of holy damage to any undead or demon target nearby.
- Redemption — A 10 second cast that will resurrect a friendly, dead player as long as you are not in combat.
- Summon Warhorse — Paladins get class mounts, which means you can learn this at level 40 for a free mount. This is extremely useful early on since you are guaranteed while leveling and will not need to worry about saving 100 gold.
- Summon Charger — This is your Level 60 mount, and will be cheaper to get than the standard epic mount. You will need to complete a longer quest with some expensive materials to get this mount.
- 17 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date for Blackwing Lair and More
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: January 7th
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: January 7th
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- Warcraft 3 E3 Trailer, Diablo 2 LoD Final Cinematic and Overwatch 2 4 and 8K Remasters
- Charity Server Blades Arrive Damaged to Collectors
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Knights Who Say Ni @ Staghelm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong
- [A][US][Kromcrush]Retrofeels | WoW Classic | Tues | 7:30 PM-10:30 PM ET
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Weapon swing Timers
- Pet Talent redo