Lucifron Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Lucifron Summary by Role
- Using three tanks is ideal, with your main tank on the boss and another tank for each add.
- Position the adds and bosses facing away from each other; each tank should only be in front of their target.
- Try to keep the adds and boss close enough for the DPS to be able to clear, but do not prioritize cleave over ensuring you stay alive.
- Priests should be using Dispel Magic as much as possible to deal with Dominate Mind and Impending Doom.
- Druids should be using Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Lucifron's Curse.
- The tanks will be in the biggest danger of dying, so having shields and healing over time effects rolling on them is a good idea.
- Kill the Flamewaker Protectors first, then Lucifron.
- Ranged DPS do not need to be spread, but should be out of melee for safety.
- Melee DPS should always be behind the adds and boss to avoid getting cleaved.
- Mages should use Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Lucifron's Curse.
General Tips for Lucifron
- Lucifron's abilities all have 40 yard ranges. If you play a class like a Hunter that can attack from more than 40 yards away, then you can out-range Lucifron's spells by standing at your max range, meaning you will never have to deal with them.
- Restorative Potions are incredibly useful on this fight. If everyone in the raid uses one when the first wave of debuffs goes out, you can almost forget about dispelling, since the potions will take care of it for you. These are absolutely worth the investment.
- If you are perhaps a bit under-geared and are worried about dying, you can use a Greater Shadow Protection Potion before the fight starts to give yourself a shield against Shadow damage that could potentially save your life.
Strategy for Lucifron
Lucifron patrols his room with two Flamewaker Protectors, so make sure to clear out the groups of Core Hounds by carefully pulling them back, making sure you do not accidentally pull them while killing Lucifron.
The best way to kill Lucifron is to use three tanks. Your main tank should hold Lucifron, while two off-tanks hold each Flamewaker Protector next to him, but each facing away such that none of them are next to each other. The DPS should start the encounter by killing the two adds before killing Lucifron.
This fight mainly comes down to dispelling and decursing. If your Druids, Mages, and Priests are on top of the dispels, you should not have any problems with the encounter. Just make sure to have your DPS quickly kill off the adds to stop the mind controls before quickly killing the boss.
- Dominate Mind is cast by the adds, which will mind control someone in your raid, making them hostile. Priests will need to dispel the players affected by this immediately. For other raid members, try not to kill your mind controlled raid members before they are dispelled.
- Lucifron's Curse is a curse that increases the cost of players' spells by 100% for 5 minutes. Mages and Druids will need to use their Remove Curse abilities to remove these from the raid. They should prioritize decursing over doing damage themselves.
- Impending Doom is a nasty damage over time effect that can deal lots of damage if left up. Priests should dispel this from anyone affected as soon as possible.
Loot from Lucifron
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Gauntlets of Might||60||Hands||Warrior|
|Tome of Tranquilizing Shot||60||Skill Book|
|Choker of Enlightenment||60||Neck|
|Heavy Dark Iron Ring||60||Finger|
|Ring of Spell Power||60||Finger|
|Robe of Volatile Power||60||Chest|
- 25 May 2020: Added strategy for over-geared groups.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years
- Naxxramas Phase 6 "Awakening" Trailer + Cinematic Compilation by IKedit
- BlizzCon 2020 Would Have Started Today: October 23rd
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday