Priest Class Overview
Priests lead the many faiths spread throughout the disparate lands of the world of Azeroth. In Kalimdor, Night Elf Priestesses revere the moon goddess Elune, while Dwarven priests in Khaz Modan deliver the message of the Light to their people. In the ruins of Lordaeron, the undead priests of the Forsaken, their faith twisted and tainted by their tortured existences, spread a dark interpretation of the Holy Light. Regardless of their faith, however, all Priests share in their ability to manipulate the minds of those who turn to them for spiritual guidance.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Priest class overview.
Races for Priests
Priests have 3 talent specializations: Discipline, Holy, and Shadow.
- Discipline — This specialization uses a balance of Holy and Shadow elements to shield allies from damage and increase their magical abilities.
- Holy — This specialization uses the power of the Light to heal and protect allies.
- Shadow — The antithesis of Holy, this specialization uses abilities to wreak havoc on the minds of enemies and deal DoT-based damage to them.
Resources as a Priest
The primary resource used by Priests is Mana in all specializations.
Gearing a Priest
Priests are only able to wear Cloth armour in Classic.
Priests are able to use Daggers, Maces (One-handed), Staves, and Wands.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Priest trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Priest Trainers
- Astarii Starseeker — Darnassus
- Braenna Flintcrag — Ironforge
- Branstock Khalder — Dun Morogh
- Brother Benjamin — Stormwind City
- Brother Joshua — Stormwind City
- High Priest Rohan — Ironforge
- High Priestess Laurena — Stormwind City
- Jandria — Darnassus
- Lariia — Darnassus
- Laurna Morninglight — Teldrassil
- Maxan Anvol — Dun Morogh
- Nara Meideros — Stormwind City
- Priestess Alathea — Darnassus
- Priestess Anetta — Elwynn Forest
- Priestess Josetta — Elwynn Forest
- Shanda — Teldrassil
- Theodrus Frostbeard — Ironforge
- Toldren Deepiron — Ironforge
Horde Priest Trainers
- Aelthalyste — Undercity
- Dark Cleric Beryl — Tirisfal Glades
- Dark Cleric Duesten — Tirisfal Glades
- Father Cobb — Thunder Bluff
- Father Lankester — Undercity
- Father Lazarus — Undercity
- Ken'jai — Durotar
- Malakai Cross — Thunder Bluff
- Miles Welsh — Thunder Bluff
- Tai'jin — Durotar
- Ur'kyo — Orgrimmar
- X'yera — Orgrimmar
Priest Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Priest in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Priest Healing Guide for PvE
- Shadow Priest DPS Guide for PvE
- Priest PvP Guide
- Priest Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Priests
- Making Gold as a Priest
Priest Guides for the Season of Mastery
While the Season of Mastery features no class changes, you can check out alternate gear guides we have created for Priest.
- Healing Priest Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Healing Priest Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- Shadow Priest Season of Mastery Pre-Raid Gear
- Shadow Priest Season of Mastery Phase 1 Gear
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated trainer locations.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank