Priest Class Overview
Priests lead the many faiths spread throughout the disparate lands of the world of Azeroth. In Kalimdor, Night Elf Priestesses revere the moon goddess Elune, while Dwarven priests in Khaz Modan deliver the message of the Light to their people. In the ruins of Lordaeron, the undead priests of the Forsaken, their faith twisted and tainted by their tortured existences, spread a dark interpretation of the Holy Light. Regardless of their faith, however, all Priests share in their ability to manipulate the minds of those who turn to them for spiritual guidance.
Races for Priests
Priests have 3 talent specializations: Discipline, Holy, and Shadow.
- Discipline — This specialization uses a balance of Holy and Shadow elements to shield enemies from damage and increase their magical abilities.
- Holy — This specialization uses the power of the Light to heal and protect allies.
- Shadow — The antithesis of Holy, this specialization uses abilities to wreak havoc on the minds of enemies and deal DoT-based damage to them.
Resources as a Priest
The primary resource used by Priests is Mana in all specializations.
Gearing a Priest
Priests are only able to wear Cloth armour in Classic.
Priests are able to use Daggers, Maces (One-handed), Staves, and Wands.
In order to learn skills and skill ranks, you will need to go to a Priest trainer. Below is a list of all the trainers available to the Alliance and Horde.
Alliance Priest Trainers
- Astarii Starseeker — Darnassus
- Braenna Flintcrag — Ironforge
- Branstock Khalder — Dun Morogh
- Brother Benjamin — Stormwind City
- Brother Joshua — Stormwind City
- High Priest Rohan — Ironforge
- High Priestess Laurena — Stormwind City
- Jandria — Darnassus
- Lariia — Darnassus
- Laurna Morninglight — Teldrassil
- Maxan Anvol — Dun Morogh
- Nara Meideros — Stormwind City
- Priestess Alathea — Darnassus
- Priestess Anetta — Elwynn Forest
- Priestess Josetta — Elwynn Forest
- Shanda — Teldrassil
- Theodrus Frostbeard — Ironforge
- Toldren Deepiron — Ironforge
Horde Priest Trainers
- Aelthalyste — Undercity
- Dark Cleric Beryl — Tirisfal Glades
- Dark Cleric Duesten — Tirisfal Glades
- Father Cobb — Thunder Bluff
- Father Lankester — Undercity
- Father Lazarus — Undercity
- Ken'jai — Durotar
- Malakai Cross — Thunder Bluff
- Miles Welsh — Thunder Bluff
- Tai'jin — Durotar
- Ur'kyo — Orgrimmar
- X'yera — Orgrimmar
Priest Guides for World of Warcraft: Classic
For information on how best to play your Priest in Classic, you can check out the following guides.
- Priest Healing Guide for PvE
- Shadow Priest DPS Guide for PvE
- Priest PvP Guide
- Priest Leveling Guide
- Addons and Macros Guide for Priests
- Making Gold as a Priest
- 29 Sep. 2019: Updated trainer locations.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Phase 3, Patch 1.13.3 Known Issues List: Dec 10th
- Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification
- Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Guides and Official Preview
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug Update: December 9th
- Classic Phase 3 and Patch 1.13.3 Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion