Sulfuron Harbinger Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
To face the next boss, Golemagg the Incinerator, you will need to head back down the path you came and, before coming to the bridge, turn right and head up the path.
Continue straight ahead rather than going up the winding path, as this will bring you to Majordomo Executus instead.
Sulfuron Harbinger Summary by Role
- Five tanks is ideal, but you can make do with three.
- There should be three main positions, each 45 yards or more apart from one and other. First is the boss, which one tank needs to hold off by itself. Secondly, there should be the main add group, where every add you are not currently killing is being held. These adds should either all be held by one tank or have a tank hold each one. Lastly, whatever your current kill target is should be held 45 yards away from the add group, so it cannot be healed by the other adds.
- Each time an add dies, a new add should be moved to where the previous kill target was tanked.
- Since there are multiple tanks spread out over large distances, assign at least one healer per tank to stay with them and keep them alive.
- Kill the adds one by one, whichever is marked and pulled away as the kill target.
- Look to interrupt Dark Mending when the adds cast it.
General Tips for Sulfuron Harbinger
- Positioning is key — your kill target, the main add group, and the boss should all be 45+ yards away from each other.
- You will want 5 tanks to hold everything ideally, but three is workable.
- Have a few trusted melee to handle interrupts on the adds when you are killing them.
Strategy for Sulfuron Harbinger
Sulfuron Harbinger is mainly an add fight, as the boss starts with four adds. These adds will be harder to kill than the boss, but are still relatively easy if you can control them well.
With the proper setup, the fight becomes relatively easy. You will want 5 tanks, one for the boss and one for each add. Start the fight with the boss being dragged far away to a wall, where he will remain for the rest of the fight. Mark one of the 4 adds, then drag it away in the opposite direction.
Your DPS will need to start by killing the marked add, interrupting any Dark Mending casts. After the first add dies, one of your other tanks can drag their add out away from the group to the same spot where the first add was, and you can then kill it as well.
Repeat this process for all of the adds, and then switch to burn the boss once the final add dies. If the adds are far enough apart, they cannot heal each other, so you can kill them without needing to worry about interrupting the adds besides the one that you are actively killing.
- Inspire causes adds within 45 yards of Sulfron Harbinger to be buffed drastically. Make sure to tank all of the adds far away from the boss.
- Dark Mending is a large heal that the adds can cast. If your kill target is using it, then you will need to interrupt the cast.
Loot from Sulfuron Harbinger
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Mantle of Prophecy||60||Shoulder||Priest|
|Nightslayer Shoulder Pads||60||Shoulder||Rogue|
|Pauldrons of Might||60||Shoulder||Warrior|
|Heavy Dark Iron Ring||60||Finger|
|Ring of Spell Power||60||Finger|
|Salamander Scale Pants||59||Legs|
|Wristguards of Stability||60||Wrist|
- 25 May 2020: Added strategy for over-geared groups.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES