Sulfuron Harbinger Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot (Updated for the Season of Mastery)
To face the next boss, Golemagg the Incinerator, you will need to head back down the path you came and, before coming to the bridge, turn right and head up the path.
Continue straight ahead rather than going up the winding path, as this will bring you to Majordomo Executus instead.
Sulfuron Harbinger Summary by Role
- Five tanks is required as each mob in this encounter including the boss must be separated.
- There should be five main positions, each 40 yards or more apart from one another. First is the boss, which one tank needs to hold off by itself. Each tank should hold their add somewhere around the room forming a semicircle around the ranged members of your raid. Sulfuron Harbinger will occasionally cast an enrage on one of his Priest adds which will spread if the mobs are too close.
- Since there are multiple tanks spread out over large distances, assign at least one healer per tank to stay with them and keep them alive.
- All mobs in this encounter share health so casting DoT effects on multiple mobs can be very effective, but make sure you are focusing on the debuffed target.
- Take full advantage of Mana-draining abilities such as Mana Burn, Drain Mana and Viper Sting to reduce the casting frequency of the Flamewaker Priests.
- Allow Dark Mending to go through to drain the Flamewaker priests' Mana as quickly as possible.
- Save cooldowns for when the Flamewaker Priests are out of Mana as your damage until this point is only to trigger their healing casts.
General Tips for Sulfuron Harbinger
- Positioning is key
- You will want 5 tanks to hold everything.
- Have a few trusted melee to handle interrupts on the adds when you are killing them.
Season of Mastery Strategy for Sulfuron Harbinger
Sulfuron Harbinger is mainly an add fight. In the Season of Mastery version of this encounter all five mobs share a health pool but must remain spread at all times. It can be difficult to consistently interrupt this many mobs, but the Flamewaker Priests need Mana in order to be able to cast their heal. Depending on your group's ability to consistently kick every heal it is oftentimes easier to focus on draining the Priests' Mana using class abilities and allowing the adds to cast until they run out of Mana.
There should be one assigned main focus target that will receive the majority of the raid's debuffs in order to maximize damage output, but spreading DoT effects on all of the mobs can often help speed up the encounter as each of the five mobs present share health.
Repeat this process for all of the adds, and then switch to burn the boss once the final add dies. If the adds are far enough apart, they cannot heal each other, so you can kill them without needing to worry about interrupting the adds besides the one that you are actively killing.
- Inspire causes adds within 45 yards of Sulfron Harbinger to be buffed drastically. Make sure to tank all of the adds far away from the boss.
- Dark Mending is a large heal that the adds can cast.
Loot from Sulfuron Harbinger
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Mantle of Prophecy||60||Shoulder||Priest|
|Nightslayer Shoulder Pads||60||Shoulder||Rogue|
|Pauldrons of Might||60||Shoulder||Warrior|
|Heavy Dark Iron Ring||60||Finger|
|Ring of Spell Power||60||Finger|
|Salamander Scale Pants||59||Legs|
|Wristguards of Stability||60||Wrist|
- 13 Nov. 2021: Updated with Season of Mastery changes.
- 25 May 2020: Added strategy for over-geared groups.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank