Razorfen Downs Dungeon Guide
Razorfen Downs is the higher level counterpart dungeon to Razorfen Kraul and is also located in the Barrens. The recommended group level for this dungeon is 36 to 40. It will take approximately an hour to clear.
While the Kraul is a stronghold for the Quilboar, Razorfen Downs is their resting place. It serves as an ancient burial ground for their race, but it has since been taken over by agents of the Scourge, who have begun to reanimate their dead.
1. Entrance Location
Razorfen Downs is located at the southern most tip of the Barrens, just northeast of the Great Lift that leads to the Thousand Needles.
If you are an Alliance player, it can be tough to get to this dungeon and you will likely have to move through Horde territory. It is advisable to group up before making your way through Dustwallow Marsh from Theramore and into the Barrens. Once there, try to stay off the main path south as you are less likely to encounter Horde players.
2. Recommended Classes for Razorfen Downs
Priests are especially useful due to their Shackle Undead ability, as there are a huge number of undead enemies here.
3. Layout of Razorfen Downs
The dungeon itself is fairly linear, with a clear path laid out already by the natural progression of the instance. The only time that this progression is broken is when players attempt the Extinguishing the Idol escort quest. This will take you back to the first boss, but you should be able to easily find your way back.
4. Notable Trash in Razorfen Downs
Ragglesnout is the only rare mob of the instance. He is a Level 40 elite humanoid, with a fairly challenging set of abilities. He is a Priest-type mob that can use Dominate Mind to mind control players. Be mindful of which player is currently controlled and interrupt his heal.
4.1.1. Loot from Ragglesnout
|Boar Champion's Belt||37||Waist|
|Savage Boar's Guard||37||Shield|
5. Bosses in Razorfen Downs
Tuten'kash is a Level 36 elite undead and the first boss of the instance.
This boss is summoned by clicking on a gong and clearing the waves of adds until he joins the fight. The Curse of Tuten'kash can be a mild inconvenience, as it lowers your casting and melee speed, but it should not cause enough issues to wipe your party.
5.1.1. Loot from Tuten'kash
|Carapace of Tuten'kash||40||Chest|
|Silky Spider Cape||35||Back|
5.2. Plaguemaw the Rotting
Plaguemaw the Rotting is a Level 40 elite undead that is fought as part of a questline that starts by freeing Belnistrasz in the instance. This questline is started just before fighting Mordresh Fire Eye and will take you back to where you fought Tuten'kash.
5.2.1. Loot from Plaguemaw the Rotting
|Plaguerot Sprig (Mage-only)||35||Wand|
5.3. Mordresh Fire Eye
Mordresh Fire Eye is a Level 39 elite undead and is the second boss of the instance.
Interrupt Fireball whenever possible to minimise damage taken.
5.3.1. Loot from Mordresh Fire Eye
|Glowing Eye of Mordresh||36||Neck|
|Mordresh's Lifeless Skull||36||Off Hand|
Glutton is a Level 40 elite undead and is the third boss of the instance.
There are no mechanics that are worth mentioning on this boss.
5.4.1. Loot from Glutton
5.5. Amnennar the Coldbringer
Amnennar the Coldbringer is a Level 41 elite undead and the final boss of the instance.
Make sure to tank him near the centre of the platform or, preferably, with the tent behind your tank, as he will frequently knock his target back and could knock the tank off the side.
When he spawns Frost Spectres, your tank can try to pick up aggro on them, but you can essentially just ignore them.
5.5.1. Loot from Amnennar the Coldbringer
|Robes of the Lich||39||Chest|
6. Quests in Razorfen Downs
6.1. Alliance-only Quests
6.2. Horde-only Quests
There are 2 Horde-only quests in this dungeon.
- An Unholy Alliance — collect Ambassador Malcin's head. He can be found in multiple locations outside the dungeon, in the initial thicket you have to move through to enter the instance. This quest is given by Varimathras in Undercity.
- Bring the End — collect the skull of Amnennar the Coldbringer. This quest is given by Andrew Brownell in Undercity.
6.3. Neutral Quests
There are 3 neutral quests that are available to both Alliance and Horde players. 2 of these 3 are part of a mini escort chain.
- A Host of Evil — kill 8 Death's Head Cultists, Razorfen Thornweavers, and Razorfen Battleguards. This quest is given by Myriam Moonsinger near the entrance to the dungeon.
- Extinguishing the Idol and Scourge of the Downs — these quests are picked up in the dungeon just before fighting Mordresh Fire Eye. You must free Belnistrasz and he will offer this escort quest. Follow and protect him while he works to shut off the idol. Once this quest is completed, Plaguemaw the Rotting will spawn.
6.4. Notable Quest Rewards from Razorfen Downs
|Amberglow Talisman||Bring the Light||Neck|
|Vanquisher's Sword||Bring the Light||Weapon|
|Amberglow Talisman||Bring the End||Neck|
|Vanquisher's Sword||Bring the End||Weapon|
|Dragonclaw Ring||Extinguishing the Idol||Ring|
- 21 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|