FORUMS
Damien

Medivh Reno Mage Standard

7 hours ago, Guest Rank20Farmer said:

this deck only has 29 cards?...

16 class cards and 14 neutral cards. You must have missed one card - well that's the pain of netdecking reno decks, I feel you.

Guest Zaru

Would the new Mage legendary be a good replacement for Braan? I disenchanted him figuring he was rotating soon, since I never used him.

6 hours ago, Guest Zaru said:

Would the new Mage legendary be a good replacement for Braan? I disenchanted him figuring he was rotating soon, since I never used him.

Even though Solia has negative synergy with Medivh, the Guardian, you can include her if you don't have Brann Bronzebeard and you do not plan to get him.

14 minutes ago, KingMe said:

From my experience Inkmaster Solia preforms well in this deck with Medivh, the Guardian.

Even though I like free Wisps as well, it is detrimental to the gameplan. Which is why I said she has negative synergy with him, or with his staff to be more specific. Nonetheless the interaction might be bugged.

11 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Even though I like free Wisps as well, it is detrimental to the gameplan. Which is why I said she has negative synergy with him, or with his staff to be more specific.

I was wrong she does have a negative effect with his weapon. I apologize @positiv2, you were right. P 

I have to ask, how important is Kazakus in this deck? I don't have him atm, and until I understand his amazing value I won't craft him either. How does he work? Seems that crafting him for 1 extra spell (two with Brann) seems a waste of dust?

Guest Doc Deep

I use  Kazakus  with bran to great effect, then use the spells after mediv

9 hours ago, Sarasin said:

I have to ask, how important is Kazakus in this deck? I don't have him atm, and until I understand his amazing value I won't craft him either. How does he work? Seems that crafting him for 1 extra spell (two with Brann) seems a waste of dust?

Kazakus has amazing utility in the fact that you can craft whatever spell you need for the situation. Now if you can pull him off with Brann Bronzebeard then things can get crazy.  I'd say if you plan on playing RenoMage he is a must have but if you don't like the style of Reno and don't plan on playing RenoMage then I don't suggest you craft him as he has no viability in any other archetype. 

32 minutes ago, Guest Doc Deep said:

I use  Kazakus  with bran to great effect, then use the spells after mediv

That's the idea. :P 

Need to disenchant others in order to get him in that case. I have never played Reno(whatever archetype), so it would definately be interesting, and especially since I love playing mage. It would be the only card missing from this decklist as things are now, but I obviously understand his importance in this type of deck. Just have to hope he pops up, preferably golden :D

1 hour ago, Sarasin said:

I have never played Reno(whatever archetype), so it would definately be interesting, and especially since I love playing mage.

Just to warn you - mage as whole is currently in a bad condition after the expansion, so don't really expect an easy journey to ranks 5+. Still, Kazakus is worth crafting since renolock is a tier 1 deck, and reno mage is arguably the best deck for mage. 

I must admit (maybe I am in the wrong thread for this, but still), my burndeck still does quite well without a single MSG card. I havn't really looked for any changes to make either - it just burns and burns ;)

Back on track - Reno seems quite interesting, but it feels so wrong to disenchant 4 legendarys for the 1. IF I was to do so - What legendarys are "the worst" to keep? Maybe this is better suited in a PM, but if anyone can help out - it is greatly appreciated :)

15 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

I must admit (maybe I am in the wrong thread for this, but still), my burndeck still does quite well without a single MSG card. I havn't really looked for any changes to make either - it just burns and burns ;)

Back on track - Reno seems quite interesting, but it feels so wrong to disenchant 4 legendarys for the 1. IF I was to do so - What legendarys are "the worst" to keep? Maybe this is better suited in a PM, but if anyone can help out - it is greatly appreciated :)

What legendaries do you have? Posting them here would be fine unless you are not comfortable doing so, then PM would also be fine.  

No stress :)

Fandral Staghelm, Aviana, Cenarius, Kun the Forgotten King, Knuckles, King Krush, Archmage Antonidas, Prophet Velen, Edwin VanCleef, Hobart Grapplehammer, Grommash Hellscream, Patches the Pirate, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Bloodmage Thalnos, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Brann Bronzebeard, Fjola Lightbane, Moroes, Tinkmaster Overspark, Barnes, Finja, the Flying Star, Leeroy Jenkins, Prince Malchezaar, Emperor Thaurissan, Hogger, Illidan Stormrage, Reno Jackson, The Beast, Wrathion, Baron Geddon, Hogger, Doom of Elwynn, The Curator, Twin Emperor Vek'lor, Chromaggus, Medivh, the Guardian, Ragnaros the Firelord, The boogeymonster, Malygos, C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.

A few of these have never been used, but that has more to do with me not playing the right decks for the specific card, rather than the card itself being useless. I am also thinking about what will rotate out when I am considering disenchanting spesific cards. Feel free to say what will rotate out spring 2017 ;)

Thanks in advance for all your help! :D

Edited by Sarasin

4 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

No stress :)

Fandral Staghelm, Aviana, Cenarius, Kun the Forgotten King, Knuckles, King Krush, Archmage Antonidas, Prophet Velen, Edwin VanCleef, Hobart Grapplehammer, Grommash Hellscream, Patches the Pirate, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Bloodmage Thalnos, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Brann Bronzebeard, Fjola Lightbane, Moroes, Tinkmaster Overspark, Barnes, Finja, the Flying Star, Leeroy Jenkins, Prince Malchezaar, Emperor Thaurissan, Hogger, Illidan Stormrage, Reno Jackson, The Beast, Wrathion, Baron Geddon, Hogger, Doom of Elwynn, The Curator, Twin Emperor Vek'lor, Chromaggus, Medivh, the Guardian, Ragnaros the Firelord, The boogeymonster, Malygos, C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Hope's End.

A few of these have never been used, but that has more to do with me not playing the right decks for the specific card, rather than the card itself being useless. I am also thinking about what will rotate out when I am considering disenchanting spesific cards.

Thanks in advance for all your help! :D

I will name the cards that I see that have no significant place in either the current meta or any meta in the past. If I don't name it then that means it either has a home or I personally feel it could fit in at some point or another. 

King Krush

Millhouse Manastorm

Nat Pagle

Illidan Stormrage

The Beast

The Boogeymonster

Now remember, the cards that are on and off the list are my personal opinions and someone else might have a different opinion so ultimately it will be up to you to decide on what to disenchant. Hopefully this helps you decide. 

Yogg was viable before the nerf where I played it quite a lot. The four cards you mention are also on the list over cards I have never used in any deck (Cenarius, Prophet Velen, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Fjola Lightbane, Moroes, Tinkmaster Overspark, Hogger, Illidan Stormrage, The Beast, Baron Geddon, Hogger Doom of Elwynn, Chromaggus, The boogeymonster). King Krush seems to expensive/slow to ever be viable in constructed, even though on paper it looks decent.

My biggest fear is the same as always . I disenchant a card just to realize I need it later (as I have done before :/ ).

Arguably none of the cards listed will rarely see constructed play, I tend to think what will rotate in 2017. As far as I know, that will be Blackrock Mountain, League of Explorers and The Grand Tournament. If I am to justify disenchanting cards in this way of thinking, the obvious choices are Fjola Lightbane and Chromaggus at least.

For the last two legendarys to disenchant, Nat Pagle and Millhouse Manastorm seems like cards that will literally never see play.

Am I thinking right here? :p

3 hours ago, MistAssassin said:

Adding to those above, I think you never want to play Fjola, Tinkmaster Overspark and the 2 Hoggers. And probably Yogg as well.

I've seen Fjola Lightbane in an aggressive divine shield paladin and she worked out very well and Tinkmaster Overspark has  seen play in the last few months in big tournaments as a tech card to deal with big threats. The only reason I didn't mention either Hogger is because the taunt boosts Warrior received. I'm not saying they will become a thing but I can see the thought entertained. 

17 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

Yogg was viable before the nerf where I played it quite a lot. The four cards you mention are also on the list over cards I have never used in any deck (Cenarius, Prophet Velen, Millhouse Manastorm, Nat Pagle, Fjola Lightbane, Moroes, Tinkmaster Overspark, Hogger, Illidan Stormrage, The Beast, Baron Geddon, Hogger Doom of Elwynn, Chromaggus, The boogeymonster). King Krush seems to expensive/slow to ever be viable in constructed, even though on paper it looks decent.

My biggest fear is the same as always . I disenchant a card just to realize I need it later (as I have done before :/ ).

Arguably none of the cards listed will rarely see constructed play, I tend to think what will rotate in 2017. As far as I know, that will be Blackrock Mountain, League of Explorers and The Grand Tournament. If I am to justify disenchanting cards in this way of thinking, the obvious choices are Fjola Lightbane and Chromaggus at least.

For the last two legendarys to disenchant, Nat Pagle and Millhouse Manastorm seems like cards that will literally never see play.

Am I thinking right here? :p

Yogg-Saron, Hope's End is not as big as he once was but he sees play every once in a while. He is still a very strong card just not as insane as he was pre-nerf.  Ultimately the decision is yours to make. I tried to give you some insight on some of the lesser seen cards that have seen play and did well like CenariusFjola Lightbane and Tinkmaster Overspark.  But in the end if you don't have any plans in the near future to use these cards and there are other cards that you lack that you know you will use, then I would say scrap them. You can always re-craft them. :P

2 minutes ago, KingMe said:

You can always re-craft them. :P

Lol - yes I know ;) Just a waste of dust :)

Will check to see if I get Kazakus later today from packs or not. After that, I will much rather disenchant cards I don't currently use and will rotate, in addition to cards I can't imagine see play from Classic.

Thank you all for all your help :)

5 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

Lol - yes I know ;) Just a waste of dust :)

Will check to see if I get Kazakus later today from packs or not. After that, I will much rather disenchant cards I don't currently use and will rotate, in addition to cards I can't imagine see play from Classic.

Thank you all for all your help :)

Glad to help, it's what I'm here for. Good luck on your packs. If you pull Kazakus let us know. If you get him golden post a screenshot. :) 

Heh - believe me, I will ;)

The other day I was devestated not to have pulled Aviana yet for the Druid deck, and bought (with gold) and opened a single TGT pack. While I didn't get Aviana, I did get a golden legendary (which I can't even remember the name of - that's how quick i disenchanted it) making me able to craft her :D #luckybastard

9 minutes ago, Sarasin said:

Heh - believe me, I will ;)

The other day I was devestated not to have pulled Aviana yet for the Druid deck, and bought (with gold) and opened a single TGT pack. While I didn't get Aviana, I did get a golden legendary (which I can't even remember the name of - that's how quick i disenchanted it) making me able to craft her :D #luckybastard

Nice. The only thing I worry about now is almost every time I craft a legendary it ends up being the next one I pull. It has happened the last 3 or 4 times I have crafted one. I feel like I am being punished or something. But hey, I guess in the end I did end up pulling the legendary I had wanted. xD