Damien

C'Thun Renolock Standard

23 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our C'Thun Renolock Standard deck.

Does Doomguard stands as a finisher card? I dont really understand his existence in this deck.

Doomguard is part of the combo, I think. Doomguad + Power Overwhelming is 9 damage on its own, Dark Peddler can get you a second Power Overwhelming, too.

I play usher of souls instead of doomguard because of the synergy with cthun and not to discard and important card plus is a solid body and ur opponent has to deal with it right away and waste one of his premium removals or trade some minions into it, and i think brann should be included in the deck because of the battlecry cards in the deck that can get buffed by brann's effect. Like the cultists, dark peddler, defender of argus, twin emperor, twilight drake, i play earthen ring farseer in my deck which heals me for 6, and also jewel scarab which gives u 2 3-drop cards.

Could I replace Lord Jaraxxus by another card? Sorry for my English but not very good jaja sad.png

Could I replace Lord Jaraxxus by another card? Sorry for my English but not very good jaja :(

Yes i might go for Ragnaros but its much weaker than jaraxxus

Could I replace Lord Jaraxxus by another card? Sorry for my English but not very good jaja sad.png

I have seen a lot of players, especially in the traditional handlock, replace Lord Jaraxxus with Alexstrasza. You could try that.

Or the ragnaros mentioned above.

I'm missing twisting nether, lord jaraxxus and brm cards. What could I replace these cards with?

I'm missing the brm cards so what should I replace them with 

why is there a  Flame Imp  in the deck? shouldnt it be a voidwalker?

i also dont understand the  Doomguard since dropping 2 cards is not what you want with this deck...

7 hours ago, Guest Senshi said:

why is there a  Flame Imp  in the deck? shouldnt it be a voidwalker?

i also dont understand the  Doomguard since dropping 2 cards is not what you want with this deck...

Flame Imp is a better body than Voidwalker

You can use him as a finisher after you drop C'thun, before you draw C'thun, or where you need mana and Doomguard still deals enough damage. It's basically another finisher.

First off, nice build. I've been running a similar version of highlander since Old Gods release.

However, I'm just curious. Why no Brann or Farseer? Both are perfect inclusions in this deck. Heck, I ended up cutting Doomcaller from my version of this build since I seem to be fighting a lot of midrange and C'Thun + Jaraxxus can win me the game against most control builds on their own much of the time.

Also, wouldn't Leeroy make more sense as a secondary finisher instead of Doomguard? Same mana cost but Leeroy has one more attack and doesn't have the discard drawback which makes him more versatile IMO.

41 minutes ago, Guest Darch said:

First off, nice build. I've been running a similar version of highlander since Old Gods release.

However, I'm just curious. Why no Brann or Farseer? Both are perfect inclusions in this deck. Heck, I ended up cutting Doomcaller from my version of this build since I seem to be fighting a lot of midrange and C'Thun + Jaraxxus can win me the game against most control builds on their own much of the time.

Also, wouldn't Leeroy make more sense as a secondary finisher instead of Doomguard? Same mana cost but Leeroy has one more attack and doesn't have the discard drawback which makes him more versatile IMO.

Doomguard can be used as a save tool, where it is able to trade into multiple minions, or where he can attack face multiple times. Leeroy Jenkins can attack only once and then he dies. 

How would this perform against a Grim Patron deck nowadays?

Any replacements for Windrunner? Thanks! 

On 17. 7. 2016 at 8:36 PM, Guest Warlock Newbie said:

Any replacements for Windrunner? Thanks! 

Basically any late-game minion, or Brann Bronzebeard

16 hours ago, themuffinboyy said:

Is anyone reading these? :/

Yes, but sometimes I forget to answer when I get distracted by something, so, sorry. To answer your question, Jeweled Scarab allows you to get a second copy of high-quality cards such as Imp Gang BossDemonwrath, or Mind Control Tech, and helps you in diverse meta to choose what you need the most, which is useful against warriors with high amount of archetypes and completely different playstyles and counters.

On 7/31/2016 at 3:31 PM, positiv2 said:

Yes, but sometimes I forget to answer when I get distracted by something, so, sorry. To answer your question, Jeweled Scarab allows you to get a second copy of high-quality cards such as Imp Gang BossDemonwrath, or Mind Control Tech, and helps you in diverse meta to choose what you need the most, which is useful against warriors with high amount of archetypes and completely different playstyles and counters.

Okay that answer makes sense, I just noticed that MC Tech isn't actually in the deck though. It's also referenced in the mulligan section, is that a mistake in the deck? Is MC Tech supposed to be in it?

i feel like medivh could be decent in this deck.. i mean im a nab so i might be horribly wrong but i'd like some oppinions ^^

7 minutes ago, Guest datoneguy said:

i feel like medivh could be decent in this deck.. i mean im a nab so i might be horribly wrong but i'd like some oppinions ^^

Medivh, the Guardian is a great card in the right deck. This deck however doesn't have enough spells to justify his inclusion.